IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

Morning all!

It's a beautiful yet crisp day in south Bristol as we entertain Blackburn Rovers. 

What a week. This is a politics free zone (I'm actually sick of hearing about it) but I did like this. It was funny.

Hehehehehehe. 

Ashley Williams though? Swansea must be spitting about not giving him another year. He's up there with Kalas, still being selected for internationals and talk turned this week about another extension for him. Now, iirc, he was originally given until Jan and then that was increased to end of the season. I personally think he's worth at least another year and if we can offer him a route to coaching (if that's what he intends to do when he hangs the boots up), his knowledge of the game will be invaluable.

Interesting article was doing the rounds as well yesterday. Coming from everyone's favourite local rag, Tony Mowbray was essentially saying Bristol City has loads of money because Kasey Palmer was on quite the wedge at Chelsea (not forgetting Blackburn had Kasey on loan at one point so they know the figures) and we bagged him on a permanent. We are massive lads!

Here's the article if you want to see for yourself:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-must-money-blackburn-rovers-3643066.amp

On to today...

Bradley Dack was a very naughty boy last week and he's been banned today. Rumour has it, his TOWIE missus has given him a punishment too...

It's a parody, I know. But still, hehehehehehe.

So with that said, they will be a bit weaker up top. If our midfield and strikers can capitalise and LJ gave them a good rollicking after the Millwall game, I'll back a 1-0 win. Weimann with a header.

COYRs!

51 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning all!

It's a beautiful yet crisp day in south Bristol as we entertain Blackburn Rovers. 

What a week. This is a politics free zone (I'm actually sick of hearing about it) but I did like this. It was funny.

Hehehehehehe. 

Ashley Williams though? Swansea must be spitting about not giving him another year. He's up there with Kalas, still being selected for internationals and talk turned this week about another extension for him. Now, iirc, he was originally given until Jan and then that was increased to end of the season. I personally think he's worth at least another year and if we can offer him a route to coaching (if that's what he intends to do when he hangs the boots up), his knowledge of the game will be invaluable.

Interesting article was doing the rounds as well yesterday. Coming from everyone's favourite local rag, Tony Mowbray was essentially saying Bristol City has loads of money because Kasey Palmer was on quite the wedge at Chelsea (not forgetting Blackburn had Kasey on loan at one point so they know the figures) and we bagged him on a permanent. We are massive lads!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-must-money-blackburn-rovers-3643066.amp

On to today...

Bradley Dack was a very naughty boy last week and he's been banned today. Rumour has it, his TOWIE missus has given him a punishment too...

So with that said, they will be a bit weaker up top. If our midfield and strikers can capitalise and LJ gave them a good rollicking after the Millwall game, I'll back a 1-0 win. Weimann with a header.

COYRs!

Who would have thunk it, a "trophy" mrs !

Just getting ready to leave for the gate.  Hope to see us bounce back from midweek with a great performance today and hope a Dackless Blackburn will be an easier task.

Wil Lee stick with an unchanged team or tweak it a bit.  Maybe bring in Korey Smith for Massengo?

Will he revert to a 532/352 and bring in Taylor Moore?

Might he risk COD as a wing back again?

Guess all will be revealed at 2pm.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just getting ready to leave for the gate.  Hope to see us bounce back from midweek with a great performance today and hope a Dackless Blackburn will be an easier task.

Wil Lee stick with an unchanged team or tweak it a bit.  Maybe bring in Korey Smith for Massengo?

Will he revert to a 532/352 and bring in Taylor Moore?

Might he risk COD as a wing back again?

Guess all will be revealed at 2pm.

5-3-2 wouldn't be a suprise.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning all!

Hehehehehehe. 

On to today...

COYRs!

:sub:Auntie Peg .

Thank you for the sleazebag free match thread .

I think we will get back on track with a win today and I think we will see Periera start in place of Hunt and possibly Korey in for Massengo or Nagy who both looked fried against the ‘Wall.

Interesting point Mowbray makes about KP but I believe that he’s on less here than he was as a Chelsea player. He just wanted to get settled at a club and get regular first team football , one out of two ain’t bad.

I have a sneaky feeling that we may see a KP master cameo today .

Anyway , roar the lads on today they need your energy for this difficult time of the season. 

They have largely exceeded expectations and deserve the support from the City faithful.

Bring on the Rovers .

:bruce_h4h:

Interesting that after the LJ interview in the week, where he said we need to find out why certain players underperformed, the 1st 2 players that spring to mind were Baker & Hunt. I thought they were the 2 players that were slowing everything down especially in the first half. Also both guilty of giving possession away the majority of the time.

18 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

No, bizarre that Szmodics gets a bench place in preference to KP. At least Korey is among the subs this time.

Not bizarre when you look at Palmer's last 2 performances. Also Szmodics apparently looked good in training.

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

There will be any streams ? 

It's on hesgoal.

That could be bad news however,  as recent home games that have been on hesgoal have  seen us perform pretty poorly! :( 

Archived