IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

My thoughts exactly, and if so then taking him out of the firing line for a bit seems pragmatic.

This. Some players it`s better for them to play through it (if that is indeed the reason he`s out, I`m only guessing it might be and it may be he`s only got a knock in training or something), others it`s better to step away for a bit. It`s the same no matter what job you do.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. Some players it`s better for them to play through it (if that is indeed the reason he`s out, I`m only guessing it might be and it may be he`s only got a knock in training or something), others it`s better to step away for a bit. It`s the same no matter what job you do.

I wonder whether he's taken Afobe's loss particularly badly, 

I'm sure that all the payers have been affected, but these are young guys and if it is the first time they've experienced such a tragedy in someone close to them it can be traumatic. 

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not bizarre when you look at Palmer's last 2 performances. Also Szmodics apparently looked good in training.

Sorry, I take with a large pinch of salt, how they look in training, does not necessarily transpose to how they play on match days...

Eisa looked cr@p in training so say, but has been brilliant (albeit a level below) on the pitch this season. Szmodics has been total pants in his (limited) match day appearances this season, having said that love him to come on and score, or provide an assist and prove me wrong!

25 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It's on hesgoal.

That could be bad news however,  as recent home games that have been on hesgoal have  seen us perform pretty poorly! :( 

Unfortunately that trend looks to be continuing!

18 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry, I take with a large pinch of salt, how they look in training, does not necessarily transpose to how they play on match days...

Eisa looked cr@p in training so say, but has been brilliant (albeit a level below) on the pitch this season. Szmodics has been total pants in his (limited) match day appearances this season, having said that love him to come on and score, or provide an assist and prove me wrong!

On the other hand there would not be much incentive for players to do their best in training if the coaches are not going to take it into account.

Archived