IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day 22

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

If I was Lansdown I would be ******* fuming because, with tickets available for a tenner, these two games would've brought in people who don't normally go to Ashton Gate. It was a massive opportunity to attract some new fans, and both games were absolute pony. 

Bumped into two buddies who haven't been at the Gate for ages.

They said they came to the Millwall and Blackburn games with their boys because we were doing well and had managed to get cheap tickets.

They could't believe how bad we were and won't be back in a hurry.

I also noticed another pal was not accompanied by his son. He said his lad told him he wasn't enjoying coming to games.

Can't blame any of them. Another set back for the "fans for the future" project.

We also saw two stewards in the South Stand turning a fan away at half-time. Don't know why. However, I reckon that guy will now want to thank those stewards for saving him from the misery.

Players and Johnson should hang their heads in shame for these two woeful performances.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Brace yourselves for an OTIB mega-meltdown.

Of course there is no doubt we’ve had a bitterly disappointing week with two home defeats and two poor, frustrating performances.

Personally, I would now like LJ to be more honest and take a leaf out of Chis Wilder’s book and instead of his usual comments about we dust ourselves off and fight again he says it like it is.......any of the following would suit:

(1) Two poor home performances

(2) Out thought and out played on both occasions

(3) As the manager I take responsibility for that

(4) As players they also need to take responsibility too, both as individuals and as a team

(5) Being a fan of BCFC is enormously frustrating, you saw us play well against Huddersfield and Fulham and then had to endure two lack lustre home performance, in which we were very much second best. I am sorry

(6) Our last two games have blatantly highlighted our limitations, I am aware of what we need to do to address these shortcomings and I will act decisively so that the problems are rectified 

I am certainly not an LJ hater but just for once can he please say it like it is without any deflection.......

All we got was ‘powder puff’, ‘need to win tackles’ and ‘lack of grit and determination’ 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-v-blackburn-rovers-1/

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Bumped into two buddies who haven't been at the Gate for ages.

They said they came to the Millwall and Blackburn games with their boys because we were doing well and had managed to get cheap tickets.

They could't believe how bad we were and won't be back until there's a massive improvement.

I also noticed another pal was not accompanied by his son. He said his lad told him he wasn't enjoying coming to games.

Can't blame any of them. Another set back for the "fans for the future" project.

We also saw two stewards in the South Stand turning a fan away at half-time. Don't know why. However, I reckon that guy will now want to thank those stewards for saving him from the misery.

Players and Johnson should hang their heads in shame for these two woeful performances.

I'm afraid to say that I won't be going back for a while. I was there on Tuesday as I had a £10 ticket, but found it all very depressing and almost went home after 70 mins because it was cold, wet and we were obviously not going to get back into the game. 

To think some of these players earned, what, 15 or 20 grand for their week's work. Disgusting really. 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s the attitude that will get you nowhere in life,do we push on to the next level,go round in circles or do we harp back to the dark old days and keep saying remember the season of 1928-29

We’ve been pushing on to the next level for the past 4-5 years, it’d be lovely if life was like FM but that’s not how it works. Obviously you want better performances than today and LJ has to take the claim but fans reactions are way over the top on here sometimes

I just don’t understand what the game plan is? That was a dire performance. We’re not even comfortable on the ball and we waste far too much time playing about with it at the back and end up getting caught out like we did for the 2nd goal. Left ourselves completely exposed. The front play was non-existent. The work off the ball was woeful and the approach play was laboured. Blackburn didn’t really offer much and I felt that if we had attacked them with a bit of pace and purpose that we could have had them in all sorts of problems, however, we just trotted about like we had all day, trying to over play when there is simply no need of it. 

We’re not going down, but we aren’t going up either. There is no hunger or desire to chase down the leaders in this division. 6 points dropped this week against average sides and we simply didn’t turn up.

Not surprised to see many leave when the second goal went in. We could have been out there all night and there simply would have been no threat whatsoever.

Took my daughter to see her first ever game today and she said that she was tired, cold and bored. I told her that she summarised the game very well!

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

We’ve been pushing on to the next level for the past 4-5 years, it’d be lovely if life was like FM but that’s not how it works. Obviously you want better performances than today and LJ has to take the claim but fans reactions are way over the top on here sometimes

It’s not just today tho and do you honestly think we are closer to promotion than we were 2 seasons ago because I don’t,on a lighter note haven’t played FM for about 8 years but might get back into it

45 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I just don’t understand what the game plan is? That was a dire performance. We’re not even comfortable on the ball and we waste far too much time playing about with it at the back and end up getting caught out like we did for the 2nd goal. Left ourselves completely exposed. The front play was non-existent. The work off the ball was woeful and the approach play was laboured. Blackburn didn’t really offer much and I felt that if we had attacked them with a bit of pace and purpose that we could have had them in all sorts of problems, however, we just trotted about like we had all day, trying to over play when there is simply no need of it. 

We’re not going down, but we aren’t going up either. There is no hunger or desire to chase down the leaders in this division. 6 points dropped this week against average sides and we simply didn’t turn up.

Not surprised to see many leave when the second goal went in. We could have been out there all night and there simply would have been no threat whatsoever.

Took my daughter to see her first ever game today and she said that she was tired, cold and bored. I told her that she summarised the game very well!

What he said.

Took 3 of my grandkids and eldest son today. Was really hoping for a good performance. What we got was so negative. I'll take them to see a Bears game next.

The 'defending' for their first goal was dire, who trains that?!

We ARE a decent coach away from a brilliant future, too long we have seen the wrong team selected at home and the wrong tactics, the same pattern results every time in the same thing - no midfield!

2 diminutive and inexperienced DMs against a team with 4 x 6’6” tall decent players, an attack that can’t hold up or control the ball, an entire team devoid of the skills needed to boss possession and a head coach found wanting continually, this time he can’t blame injuries or use his usual excuses - he is not up to the job! The players know it and we see the  performances deteriorate as a result - just think back to the experienced players we had with all the rumours of LJ losing the dressing room abounded

9 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

LJ quoted on BBC Sport identifying something that undid us - Blackburn's thought processes. Anybody? 

Yet another Johnsonism to add to the many.

Perhaps their thought process was to move towards the opponents goal with intent?

10 minutes ago, freezer said:

Yet another Johnsonism to add to the many.

Perhaps their thought process was to move towards the opponents goal with intent?

Yes ,but that would be simple..........wouldn’t it.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Deep down what I do know is that 6 years ago we were bottom of league one, now we’re near the top 6, if we were to sack Johnson after 2 defeats it’d be laughable 

Yes agreed, but did LJ get us out of League 1 as champions, let me think "No he didn't"

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The tide that saw us 4th after that game?

Football fans are a fickle bunch, 5 years ago we were dreaming of being top 10 in the championship 

Wasn’t we dreaming of being a premier league club in 2008?

we have a better set up then 5 years ago and spent a lot of money since then

4 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Fact check: We have never been beaten every week in L1. 

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Guess you don’t remember the start of the 2013/14 season then?

9 defeats in the first 25 league games of the 2013/2014 season or 4 defeats in the first 10 league games if you want to be more specific about what constitutes the ‘start’ of a season  .... that’s not really getting beaten every week ...

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Guess you don’t remember the start of the 2013/14 season 

We won on October 26th that season! I remember that, because, er, it was the first time we won in the league that season!

But we did win in the cup in September, let us not forget - and we all ran on the pitch and got wildly carried away. Joyous scenes. SO'D has a 100% record against the dismal Few, we could remember him for that.

I think it felt like you say, in 13/14, certainly. And right now, some people feel like it is sh1te at the moment, while we are 7th in the Championship. How people feel is seldom logical, reasonable, rational. It is futile using facts to try and reason and jolly people out of how they feel. More so erroneous ones

I have not read many posts this morning but I was at the game and saw the incident with Lee Johnson. saying well done to their staff after they delayed restart by heading the ball away, and the signal to the tunnel from LJ  to them then at HT everyone rushing into the tunnel including Ashley W. I expect all this is covered somewhere else, normal stuff and partly part of the game but interested to know what happened:)

Thought I'd let the dust settle but seems a few more of the rose tinted are finally cottoning on to the fact:

We aren't that good;

WeeLee is a bang average coach and has been comprehensively outhought and outmanoeuvred twice this week - he's taking us nowhere, fast and and vast expense;

Unless our central two mids turn in above average performances we get stuffed (Massengo (who I like) was worse than Tuesday and wholly ineffective: Nagy ran his socks off and was the sole forward momentum but with zero options and sod all support it's no surprise WeeLee subbed him for one of his preferred boys for him then only to reinforce our over-stressed defence;)

Flappy and Static upfront are utterly redundant at this level, most impotent strikeforce in the division. Strange all the Officials beraters around here haven't screamed for the ref's head given he signally failed to send both off yesterday. Flappy committed 5 petulant, stupid fouls each deserving a yellow. Static, in possibly his only contacts during the 90 minutes, committed 3 cautionable fouls. The only way Static could have looked less interested would have been had he been asleep (which is nearly where he drove me;)

Mowbury did his homework for the first when noting in offence or defence we NEVER cover the edge of the box. He made WeeLee look stupid on the pitch, WeeLee made himself look stupid with yet another meaningless, asinine and cringeworthy post-match analysis;

The selection of WeeLee midfield lookalikes he's amassed are so poor as to be untrue. We could easily pick an XI comprised of the utter dross he's signed. I don't rate CoD but he signed a winger who he's now playing fullback. Golem or whatever he's called who came on rather than being off on loan contributed nothing other than the awful pass the stuffed Massengo for their 2nd;

Dire.

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Thought I'd let the dust settle but seems a few more of the rose tinted are finally cottoning on to the fact:

We aren't that good;

WeeLee is a bang average coach and has been comprehensively outhought and outmanoeuvred twice this week - he's taking us nowhere, fast and and vast expense;

Unless our central two mids turn in above average performances we get stuffed (Massengo (who I like) was worse than Tuesday and wholly ineffective: Nagy ran his socks off and was the sole forward momentum but with zero options and sod all support it's no surprise WeeLee subbed him for one of his preferred boys for him then only to reinforce our over-stressed defence;)

Flappy and Static upfront are utterly redundant at this level, most impotent strikeforce in the division. Strange all the Officials beraters around here haven't screamed for the ref's head given he signally failed to send both off yesterday. Flappy committed 5 petulant, stupid fouls each deserving a yellow. Static, in possibly his only contacts during the 90 minutes, committed 3 cautionable fouls. The only way Static could have looked less interested would have been had he been asleep (which is nearly where he drove me;)

Mowbury did his homework for the first when noting in offence or defence we NEVER cover the edge of the box. He made WeeLee look stupid on the pitch, WeeLee made himself look stupid with yet another meaningless, asinine and cringeworthy post-match analysis;

The selection of WeeLee midfield lookalikes he's amassed are so poor as to be untrue. We could easily pick an XI comprised of the utter dross he's signed. I don't rate CoD but he signed a winger who he's now playing fullback. Golem or whatever he's called who came on rather than being off on loan contributed nothing other than the awful pass the stuffed Massengo for their 2nd;

Dire.

You may have some decent points but I can’t help but switch off from reading them once you start bandying around all the stupid nicknames and hyperbolic statements like ‘most impotent strike force in the division’. Do you know £7m striker Ben Brereton has scored ONE goal for Blackburn since the beginning of last season? 

36 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

We aren't that good;

Dire.

Any need for the continued use of WeeLee? I get you don't rate him as a manager but that just seems pretty pettish and irrelevant really

58 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Do you know £7m striker Ben Brereton has scored ONE goal for Blackburn since the beginning of last season? 

Yet him and particularly Gallagher ran us ragged yesterday. They were far more able and capable than Flappy & Static.

Archived