IGNORED

This is like it was under O'Driscoll.

Fuber

23 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Why can’t our fans just accept two bad performances. Still in a great position after all the injuries we have had. Is it disappointing this week? Yes. But Why after every loss do we have to attack LJ, it boring. No wonder we are awful at home with the support we get 

It's not just a bad week though. We've won 4 in 12 at home, or something stupid. That's pretty appalling and attendances are starting to suffer as a consequence. 

2 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

How fickle are the majority of you lot? Does my ******* head in all this ‘Johnson’ out bollocks. Since when have we been a top 10 championship side? 10 years ago... look at the budgets of the teams around us. Get a grip **** me

Millwall? Blackburn? Swansea? Preston? Brentford? Have I missed anyone? The budget argument is rubbish. 

Just now, glen humphries said:

Are you happy watching us at home over the last 2 seasons if you are I’ll have some of what you’re on ,it’s absolutely shit 

Can’t say i’m happy with the performances but we are grinding results and at the end of the day that’s what really matters. We will be up there at the end of the season, if we change that every thing we have been building over the years will go out the window. Always believe pal

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Can’t say i’m happy with the performances but we are grinding results and at the end of the day that’s what really matters. We will be up there at the end of the season, if we change that every thing we have been building over the years will go out the window. Always believe pal

Sorry pal I can’t believe in lj , bloke done a decent job so far but he’s very limited 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Millwall? Blackburn? Swansea? Preston? Brentford? Have I missed anyone? The budget argument is rubbish. 

Well said that man.

Mr Lansdown will know full well where we are in terms of budgets.  We've traded ourselves into a position of being a solid and stable top 10 squad. We need something extra to get promoted.  LJ's time of reckoning is pretty soon. 

28 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Why can’t our fans just accept two bad performances. Still in a great position after all the injuries we have had. Is it disappointing this week? Yes. But Why after every loss do we have to attack LJ, it boring. No wonder we are awful at home with the support we get 

For me it’s the fact that zero was learnt from the Millwall game. Both away managers over the last two games have shown that LJ has a lot to learn about tactics 

17 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

How many windows does he need to sort it out.  He has had more than enough. Why would you think  yet another window will change his constant tinkering with the team and tactics and his complete inability to be consistent over a season. He is unable to solve this problem.

I thought his comments about Blackburn this week were significant, stressing that they had kept their players and added some.The point being that if for instance Dack had played for us he would have been sold long ago.

Some crave a 'big name ' manager but no such is likely to sign up to the club's strategy of selling our best players every year. It's like trying to build a house when somebody comes along and knocks down the wall you have just built.

It's a perfectly reasonable strategy on its own terms but it's a more a financial one not a football one.

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Stevie wonder could see we were going to sell Webster so that’s no excuse,as for a forward I don’t even think Benik would be scoring with these performances 

Well yes at some point, not so soon and not so late though. Where was his replacement? LJ said at the time he wanted a CB and we didn't get one. You blaming LJ for selling the player that late? Or perhaps you're blaming him for not having the deal for the replacement lined up?

Be fair here, that isn't his job.

Benik massively changed how we could play. Now teams just press us with zero consequences. You can blame him for the bottom half of our squad not being able to affect the game at all. That's fair. But we needed two players of quality there and we didn't get them.

9 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Grinding results? We've ground two home defeats in the space of five days

59 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are we really going to be near the top of the league come and of the season,I know you’re a fan boy but Jesus even your eyes must be hurting watching our football 

Not about being a ‘fan boy’ it’s about trying to stay a little bit positive. When 30% of the crowd leave at 2-0 after 70mins....! When we have 2 poor performances on the bounce people forget the 2 previous games where we beat promotion favourites away from home and huddersfield 5-2. People need to calm down and not go mad either way. The Championship is notoriously a crazy crazy league where anyone can beat anyone

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not about being a ‘fan boy’ it’s about trying to stay a little bit positive. When 30% of the crowd leave at 2-0 after 70mins....! When we have 2 poor performances on the bounce people forget the 2 previous games where we beat promotion favourites away from home and huddersfield 5-2. People need to calm down and not go mad either way. The Championship is notoriously a crazy crazy league where anyone can beat anyone

Definitely going to be 3 games between in a row

Will it go further than that?

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I thought his comments about Blackburn this week were significant, stressing that they had kept their players and added some.The point being that if for instance Dack had played for us he would have been sold long ago.

Some crave a 'big name ' manager but no such is likely to sign up to the club's strategy of selling our best players every year. It's like trying to build a house when somebody comes along and knocks down the wall you have just built.

It's a perfectly reasonable strategy on its own terms but it's a more a financial one not a football one.

It's not just a financial strategy in isolation i.e. to make a profit for the owner, it is to enable us to stay within the ffp limits. Selling your best players in order to do this is a tough better than having to sell your stadium - you can only do that once. I fancy that there will be many more managers having to face up to this reality in the near future as the reality of ffp bites ( providing the EFL had grown a pair)

There are issue that LJ has to address, some of which relate to his own approach and in particular our home form, but as for selling our best players, losing Webster in the summer was cushioned by buying Kalas and Dasilva permanently , buying Nagy and Massengo and , crucially, getting Afobe. This is hardly a club selling the crown jewels and replacing them with paste costume jewellery.

However, most of these players have been out injured for a good part of the season, and even those returning ( Nagy and Kalas) have to regain match fitness. With the players we've had out we've done well to stay at the top end of the table. With everyone fit and available we have the strongest squad for years but LJ really does have to start getting them to perform to their potential, but consistently.

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Understand that but it’s the performances more than anything,if you want people to stay beyond 70 minutes then you have to at least play attractive football at home which we haven’t for 24 months

The contrast in performances this week has certainly made today incredibly frustrating. We barely strung 3 passes together.

Blackburn were organised, got the basics spot on and every player put in a shift. We didn't even match that and that's the bare minimum i expect.

First time that my faith in LJ is being seriously tested. We're a decent side with small gains year on year but we just seem to be going around in circles.

Really hoping we can build another run over Xmas and into Jan but I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Understand that but it’s the performances more than anything,if you want people to stay beyond 70 minutes then you have to at least play attractive football at home which we haven’t for 24 months

I know it’s a very small glimmer of hope from me. But was huddersfield not entertaining?

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

To be fair I think our home performances have been pretty bad all season except for the Huddersfield game.

The difference being we have managed to salvage something out of most of them.

The last 2 games we have deserved nothing and ended up with nothing.

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I know it’s a very small glimmer of hope from me. But was huddersfield not entertaining?

It was,and if more performances like that had happened over 2 years then people wouldn’t exit Ashton Gate after 70 minutes like their was a about to be a nuclear attack,as it is it’s just drab performance after drab performance grabbing wins here and there

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

This time last week we were 4th and rising, form changes...

If we sacked him 6 years after we were bottom of league 1 it’d be plain embarrassing 

If there's a club that can be proud of its non-knee jerk hire/fire policy in recent years, it's us. 

Archived