IGNORED

This is like it was under O'Driscoll.

Fuber

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

How have Leeds done it?

There are alot of reasons why leeds are where they are but i will try and give one. They hold onto there standout players mostly every season where we simply can’t/don’t. Pablo Hernandez is a unbelievable ex champions league player who would get into most bottom half prem teams in my opinion. He has been a top championship performer for years as has Kalvin Phillips. Now i think if we had players of that quality they would be sold for profit at the earliest sniff of a decent bid. Then you have to try and convince someone equally as good to join which is harder than i think it sounds whilst staying within FFP

21 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

There are alot of reasons why leeds are where they are but i will try and give one. They hold onto there standout players mostly every season where we simply can’t/don’t. Pablo Hernandez is a unbelievable ex champions league player who would get into most bottom half prem teams in my opinion. He has been a top championship performer for years as has Kalvin Phillips. Now i think if we had players of that quality they would be sold for profit at the earliest sniff of a decent bid. Then you have to try and convince someone equally as good to join which is harder than i think it sounds whilst staying within FFP

It’s a good point and I would then again ask how do hold on, given theyve not been in the top flight since 2004 and indeed spent a few years in div 3

19 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Grinding results? We've ground two home defeats in the space of five days

19 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And then won 2 in the space of 7 before that...

There’s lots of conjecture and opinions flying around regarding our home form - and I haven’t quoted your two posts for any particular reason - they are just relevant on this subject.

I prefer to look at a Management reign in its entirety when debating something like ‘home form’ - in all the seasons LJ has been our Head Coach we’ve played 103 home games and we’ve won 41 of those - surely that indicates some sort of issue regarding how we set up and play at home?

I just don’t understand why some people aren’t particularly concerned and keep quoting where we are positioned in the league table at any one point in time and being happy with that ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There’s lots of conjecture and opinions flying around regarding our home form - and I haven’t quoted your two posts for any particular reason - they are just relevant on this subject.

I prefer to look at a Management reign in its entirety when debating something like ‘home form’ - in all the seasons LJ has been our Head Coach we’ve played 103 home games and we’ve won 41 of those - surely that indicates some sort of issue regarding how we set up and play at home?

I just don’t understand why some people aren’t particularly concerned and keep quoting where we are positioned in the league table at any one point in time and being happy with that ...

Maybe many of them don't actually go to Ashton Gate. 

It's easy to enjoy your football when all you do is look at the table at 4.55pm.

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

What sort of manager buys a striker who has proven he knows where the goal is, a natural goal scorer (Mo Eisa) and gives him less than an hours game time throughout a WHOLE season.

The lad didn't get a sniff, still pissed right off about it.

LJ has had long enough, time to show some ambition.

Won't happen though.

It's engrained in at this club. Until the mentality changes they are going nowhere.

Hang on a minute mate, you’re get the old but lee watches him in training bullshit , never gave the lad a chance, if he’d given him 5-6 games and he looked out of his depth then fair enough but he didn’t.

21 hours ago, Prinny said:

But he can only sort it out in January.

So it'll be like this until then.

I dont think January will be our saviour.

He has had long enough to create a quality squad. And when I say squad, I mean that we have decent back up players in all positions - including up front! 

Also bar one or two our defence is bang average and he has had long enough to sort this. 

We will always be an ordinary side under Lee and personally I want more.  

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

He has had long enough to create a quality squad. And when I say squad, I mean that we have decent back up players in all positions - including up front! 

Also bar one or two our defence is bang average and he has had long enough to sort this. 

Totally agree, we will have a few good runs of results followed by poor runs , we are bang average, just like our manager.

45 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

But we've improved year on year. Which suggests that gradually we're fixing the problems  even as we recycle our squad. When you have that evidence why do you think it won't continue, especially given our current league situation?

I'm not claiming LJ is perfect by any means. When one striker goes down you should have a replacement type there if not a match in quality. I totally agree in that area the squad design has failed. The recruitment team has failed.

How do we get not only top quality players in their positions but also top quality back ups with our budget? We are competing with many teams on parachute payments here. What do you expect more out of a backup than a Tommy Rowe?

When you have the manager and the chief exec saying "we need a striker" why do you want to fire them before we go get the striker? If you don't trust their buys generally, how do you explain the general improvement we've made over a series of years?

Now if with everyone understanding precisely what the issues are around the team, we still fail with our recruitment, then not only LJ should go, but also a lot of the recruitment team. But I just think the past evidence suggests that it's likely they'll get it right. 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think I would generally be classed as being at the "happy clapper" end of the spectrum, although I also hope that I am a realist.

For all the good things that have been achieved during Lj's time, the elephant in the room is, and has been for some time, our home performances and results. For a couple of seasons now our away form and results has been that of a team chasing automatic promotion. Unfortunately at the same time our home form and results has/have  been closer to that of a team fighting relegation.

Following the OTIb thread for the Millwall game , early on one poster said that we looked nervous. I get the feeling that this is the overriding feeling around home games. How many fans feel confident about our chances when going to Ashton Gate? If fans are nervous/anxious then I suspect the players feel even more under pressure when playing at home. LJ struggled to be accepted here as a player and just have felt this most when playing at Ashton Gate, and I wonder whether this affects his thinking these days, causing him to be more cautious in his approach, and thereby the approach of the team, preferring to try not to lose rather than trying to go for the win.

I fear that unless we can create "fortress Ashton Gate", promotion will continue to be just that step too far.

Archived