Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Fuber

This is like it was under O'Driscoll.

Sort it out LJ. 

The team selection, subs, playstyle, lack of identity, and urgency. 

All sh**. Sort out or ship out. Im fed up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Rovers 2
  • Snake 1

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The football is similar in fairness. 

Everyone wanted Warnock it felt like but this football isn’t good enough? Don’t get it 

• Like 1

Why can’t our fans just accept two bad performances. Still in a great position after all the injuries we have had. Is it disappointing this week? Yes. But Why after every loss do we have to attack LJ, it boring. No wonder we are awful at home with the support we get 

Edited by Matty_Taylor_is_god
  • Like 13
  • Hmmm 1
  • Rovers 7
  • Snake 1

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

But he can only sort it out in January.

So it'll be like this until then.

How many windows does he need to sort it out.  He has had more than enough. Why would you think  yet another window will change his constant tinkering with the team and tactics and his complete inability to be consistent over a season. He is unable to solve this problem.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yeah SOD got us near the top of the league didn’t he....oh hang on

Are we really going to be near the top of the league come and of the season,I know you’re a fan boy but Jesus even your eyes must be hurting watching our football 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are we really going to be near the top of the league come and of the season,I know you’re a fan boy but Jesus even your eyes must be hurting watching our football 

Happy with top ten. Delighted if we get top six.  Every team has a bad run in this league. Keep the faith 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

How many windows does he need to sort it out.  He has had more than enough. Why would you think  yet another window will change his constant tinkering with the team and tactics and his complete inability to be consistent over a season. He is unable to solve this problem.

Exactly. Our January windows haven't exactly been a success in most seasons 

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Im not saying sack him Dave, only if this continues. Its awful. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

7th and dropping....

This time last week we were 4th and rising, form changes...

Just now, gamon said:

Time to say goodbye and find someone who knows how to manage a top end championship team.

If we sacked him 6 years after we were bottom of league 1 it’d be plain embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

But Benik Afobe got injured, and we sold Adam Webster really late in the window so he wasn't replaced.

Those are the two areas we lack in IMO. If everyone knows that, it's easier to fix this roster than it is to tear it all down and start again.

There are only two consistently good teams in this league. Don't pretend we're the inconsistent one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

This time last week we were 4th and rising, form changes...

If we sacked him 6 years after we were bottom of league 1 it’d be plain embarrassing 

LJ's getting credit for Cotts' work? 

When the fu** did that happen? 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

SOD was starting from the bottom.    At the moment we have a squad a lot of managers in the league would love to have.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Didn’t realise we were 7th in the championship under SOD

Pathetic post, too many city fans willing to bend over and accept mediocrity from a rank middle manager. Attitude like this will continue to serve up the complete bollox we've been dished up at home for the last two years. 

If you can't see it you know the square root of **** all

• Like 16
  • Aubergine 1

Johnson’s doing a good job but my god it’s so shit to watch at home, if wasn’t for meeting up with my mates to have a few ciders I honestly wouldn’t bother watching, he needs to sort out our home form quickly, a bit of entertainment would be good, really looking forward to who lj blames for this latest defeat, he certainly won’t blame himself.

• Like 2

Just now, Fuber said:

Its the inconsitancy and identity.

Its been 4 years, my patience is wearing thin.

People who can't see beyond right now wont respond to this. We are 7th so everything is fine. Next week we will be 10th so wont be the end of the world blah blah blah.The fact the players look clueless on how they are supposed to play doesnt matter. I see no signs of progression on the pitch. No matter how many players he signs.

Again, can someone please tell me why we have no philosophy on how we want to play? After 4 years in charge? Its dull. The footballs getting worse if anything.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Hang on, Blackburn made 6 changes from Wednesday. Tinkering isn't always a bad thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prinny said:

But Benik Afobe got injured, and we sold Adam Webster really late in the window so he wasn't replaced.

Those are the two areas we lack in IMO. If everyone knows that, it's easier to fix this roster than it is to tear it all down and start again.

There are only two consistently good teams in this league. Don't pretend we're the inconsistent one.

Stevie wonder could see we were going to sell Webster so that’s no excuse,as for a forward I don’t even think Benik would be scoring with these performances 

How fickle are the majority of you lot? Does my ******* head in all this ‘Johnson’ out bollocks. Since when have we been a top 10 championship side? 10 years ago... look at the budgets of the teams around us. Get a grip **** me

Edited by Bristolboy_06
  • Snake 1

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

LJ's getting credit for Cotts' work? 

When the fu** did that happen? 

When did I give him credit? All I said is that with where we’ve come from it’s embarrassing people want to sack the manager when we’re 7th in the championship...

And Cotts works well have taken us back to league one

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

People who can't see beyond right now wont respond to this. We are 7th so everything is fine. Next week we will be 10th so wont be the end of the world blah blah blah.The fact the players look clueless on how they are supposed to play doesnt matter. I see no signs of progression on the pitch. No matter how many players he signs.

Again, can someone please tell me why we have no philosophy on how we want to play? After 4 years in charge? Its dull. The footballs getting worse if anything.

Johnson will say we need to get our identity back,trouble is nobody knows what that is including lee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Stevie wonder could see we were going to sell Webster so that’s no excuse,as for a forward I don’t even think Benik would be scoring with these performances 

I think Afobe would make our midfield come alive a bit.  Strikers today were shocking

This might not be popular... or maybe it will be, but I thought the same after Millwall and I thought the same after the second half today.

Today was also the first time I have left early since.... Sean O'Driscoll.

For the record I am an LJ fan, but this is not good.

Edited by PhilC

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

How fickle are the majority of you lot? Does my ******* head in all this ‘Johnson’ out bollocks. Since when have we been a top 10 championship side? Nearly 12 years ago... look at the budgets of the teams around us. Get a grip **** me

Are you happy watching us at home over the last 2 seasons if you are I’ll have some of what you’re on ,it’s absolutely shit 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Why can’t our fans just accept two bad performances. Still in a great position after all the injuries we have had. Is it disappointing this week? Yes. But Why after every loss do we have to attack LJ, it boring. No wonder we are awful at home with the support we get 

It's not just a bad week though. We've won 4 in 12 at home, or something stupid. That's pretty appalling and attendances are starting to suffer as a consequence. 

2 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

How fickle are the majority of you lot? Does my ******* head in all this ‘Johnson’ out bollocks. Since when have we been a top 10 championship side? 10 years ago... look at the budgets of the teams around us. Get a grip **** me

Millwall? Blackburn? Swansea? Preston? Brentford? Have I missed anyone? The budget argument is rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, glen humphries said:

Are you happy watching us at home over the last 2 seasons if you are I’ll have some of what you’re on ,it’s absolutely shit 

Can’t say i’m happy with the performances but we are grinding results and at the end of the day that’s what really matters. We will be up there at the end of the season, if we change that every thing we have been building over the years will go out the window. Always believe pal

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Can’t say i’m happy with the performances but we are grinding results and at the end of the day that’s what really matters. We will be up there at the end of the season, if we change that every thing we have been building over the years will go out the window. Always believe pal

Sorry pal I can’t believe in lj , bloke done a decent job so far but he’s very limited 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Millwall? Blackburn? Swansea? Preston? Brentford? Have I missed anyone? The budget argument is rubbish. 

Well said that man.

Mr Lansdown will know full well where we are in terms of budgets.  We've traded ourselves into a position of being a solid and stable top 10 squad. We need something extra to get promoted.  LJ's time of reckoning is pretty soon. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

For me it’s the fact that zero was learnt from the Millwall game. Both away managers over the last two games have shown that LJ has a lot to learn about tactics 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I thought his comments about Blackburn this week were significant, stressing that they had kept their players and added some.The point being that if for instance Dack had played for us he would have been sold long ago.

Some crave a 'big name ' manager but no such is likely to sign up to the club's strategy of selling our best players every year. It's like trying to build a house when somebody comes along and knocks down the wall you have just built.

It's a perfectly reasonable strategy on its own terms but it's a more a financial one not a football one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Well yes at some point, not so soon and not so late though. Where was his replacement? LJ said at the time he wanted a CB and we didn't get one. You blaming LJ for selling the player that late? Or perhaps you're blaming him for not having the deal for the replacement lined up?

Be fair here, that isn't his job.

Benik massively changed how we could play. Now teams just press us with zero consequences. You can blame him for the bottom half of our squad not being able to affect the game at all. That's fair. But we needed two players of quality there and we didn't get them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I thought the strikers were the least of our worries today 

Really??  They offered nothing.  I realise it's like comparing terrible to really bad but we were at home and didn'l look like scoring.

9 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Grinding results? We've ground two home defeats in the space of five days

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

Grinding results? We've ground two home defeats in the space of five days

And then won 2 in the space of 7 before that...

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Really??  They offered nothing.  I realise it's like comparing terrible to really bad but we were at home and didn'l look like scoring.

The midfield is the problem mate,I swear they are talented footballers but it was boys against men again today

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The football is similar in fairness. 

Don’t you mean similar to GJ?