IGNORED

Worried

Robin Wood

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

You really think he'd be interested in us? He's going for premier league jobs and quite rightly

You’re probably right however surely this job would suit him, knows we have money and already have a decent squad

In my opinion I don’t believe we are going to go up under Johnson...too inconsistent especially at home 

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

If anyone thinks Lee Johnson is a top coach capable of delivering promotion is deluded and is mugging themselves off.

He's an average manager not a top coach.

We need a good coach to kick us on but I'm  afraid he's unsacklable for that reason I'm out.

If you attend the homes games will you be true to your words “I’m out”. 

29 minutes ago, bris red said:

We are Bristol City Fc. We don’t do proven managers.. lets stick with the chusti arrangement we currently have.. jobs for the boys and jobs for friends of the Lansdown’s. 

We don’t do proven managers?  Wilson, Gary Johnson, Coppell, O’Driscoll, Cotterill, all had proven track records when they joined us.  Tinnion and Millen were untested, but even Johnson had a few seasons behind him.

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

If anyone thinks Lee Johnson is a top coach capable of delivering promotion is deluded and is mugging themselves off.

He's an average manager not a top coach.

A lot of people within football wouldn’t agree with youR views on Johnson.  I’m afraid the players have to take the most responsibility today.  You can talk about formations and substitutes all night, but there were 14 good players out there who lacked energy, passion and commitment, which they showed in spades against Fulham.  Poor day at the office but we were always going to have a blip at some stage.

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Zero entertainment for a fair portion of our games at home this season and today and Tuesday no different .   We have a decent squad with good footballers.  Not sure what our best formation is or what pattern of play where trying to play 

We played 442, which the fans were screaming for before Huddersfield.

32 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

In one, like the players, the ones that are any good arent ours and are just passing through, those that are worth anything are sold before we build anything then we start again.

Who are these good players that ‘aren’t ours’?

of the matchday squad today which players were not under contract but merely loans?  

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

A lot of people within football wouldn’t agree with youR views on Johnson.  I’m afraid the players have to take the most responsibility today.  You can talk about formations and substitutes all night, but there were 14 good players out there who lacked energy, passion and commitment, which they showed in spades against Fulham.  Poor day at the office but we were always going to have a blip at some stage.

That's true, but surely it is part of the managers job to get that energy, passion and commitment? He signed them all don't forget.

The last couple of games I've expected them to come out after half time with a rocket up their collective arses but it just hasn't happened.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Zero entertainment for a fair portion of our games at home this season and today and Tuesday no different .   We have a decent squad with good footballers.  Not sure what our best formation is or what pattern of play where trying to play 

I am a great believer in deciding on a way you want to play then recruiting and coaching accordingly. Repetition in training gets players used to playing in the required way.

I'm not sure average Championship players are good enough to constantly change formations and tactics.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We don’t do proven managers?  Wilson, Gary Johnson, Coppell, O’Driscoll, Cotterill, all had proven track records when they joined us.  Tinnion and Millen were untested, but even Johnson had a few seasons behind him.

We need a manager with a proven track record of getting out of this division. History shows we don't go for managers with experience of getting teams to the premier league. We don't want it ENOUGH when we get to this level. Its a historical problem at this club. We don't WANT the top flight enough. 

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I tend to agree that players need to take more responsibility but we consistently seem to play with no tempo at home, which is hard to explain unless it is deliberate.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I am a great believer in deciding on a way you want to play then recruiting and coaching accordingly. Repetition in training gets players used to playing in the required way.

I'm not sure average Championship players are good enough to constantly change formations and tactics.

Not disagreeing with that 

39 minutes ago, shelts said:

It's not limited to this season. We've been largely awful at home for most of last season too

People bemoan the lack of atmosphere and early departures, but there's been little to get excited about at home for quite some time (yes, I realise it's not as binary as that in reality)

2 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Two poor home defeats and performances has he taken us as far as he can,? 

Definitely, we have hit the ceiling under Johnson and this current approach. Maybe the board are happy with being a top 10 championship club? Who knows? There is a huge opportunity to claim premiership football for this club.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Lets say he goes tomorrow next week/month/year who actually thinks we/he will bring in someone any different? in fact could be worse.

No great fan of our present manager BUT is it all his fault.......are all our players his first choices or are they just what we can afford?

Tbf Johnson is Dogshit but in his defence you can only attract certain players for the wages we are willing to pay.

Consecutive home games where the midfield went missing - outplayed - outmuscled - unskilled - overrun - no cohesion!

Blame can only rest on one persons shoulders!  Picked them, trained them, set them up!
They knew it would not work, just like last season and the season before and that’s why they are poor

53 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

It's not limited to this season. We've been largely awful at home for most of last season too

People bemoan the lack of atmosphere and early departures, but there's been little to get excited about at home for quite some time (yes, I realise it's not as binary as that in reality)

You’ve raised some good points that I agree with 

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

I am sure that many of our players would have approached the game totally differently if the coach’s selections and tactics had been better - these guys are not idiots,  mostly they know what the opposition can do and they also know what they are collectively capable of - home selections and tactics are so far away from what’s needed that success must seem a long way off to them! Demoralising!

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Lets say he goes tomorrow next week/month/year who actually thinks we/he will bring in someone any different? in fact could be worse.

No great fan of our present manager BUT is it all his fault.......are all our players his first choices or are they just what we can afford?

Don’t give that kop out . Lesser talented players and teams than  ours regularly take points of us , Why ? 

Archived