IGNORED

Worried

Robin Wood

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Lets say he goes tomorrow next week/month/year who actually thinks we/he will bring in someone any different? in fact could be worse.

No great fan of our present manager BUT is it all his fault.......are all our players his first choices or are they just what we can afford?

I think the point is that the current crop of players have proven that they can get outstanding results. It's just that they don't very often, which means that they - and he - are underachieving

52 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

It's not results its 1 good home performance in 11 games that's dreadful

I would take being ‘dreadful’ every day of the week if we finish top 6. Which until yesterday we were. Nearly halfway through a season in arguably one of the toughest leagues on the world

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

So you want to see even worse football than we’re playing at the moment?

I reckon his players would know how to pass a ball 6 yards to a team mate. 

Less entertaining at times, maybe, but certainly more adept and cohesive. 

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Just feel with his managerial record he’ll know what it takes to go up, no doubt we have the squad, need a few more additions I.e strikers  however if supported by the board he could be the man to take us up 

Why should we sack Johnson now? There’s no good enough reason to at the moment

LJ has never won anything as a manager. He has spent a lot and sold on quite a few at a profit but like many on here, I see little sign that he and his players can get promotion. There are good individuals but our teamwork is frequently poor.

Our home form has been rubbish for nearly 2 years. We play possession football at AG but we are not good enough to do it at speed, so we usually look pedestrian and ponderous, while the opposition just need to remain organised. Our forward play is to static and with the exception of Eliasson and Hunt rarely stretches the defence going forward. And defensively in midfield we have also been poor, with far too many goals conceded this season to be serious challenges.

Can LJ fix all of that? I have my doubts. He doesn’t even seem to know his best formation or players for that formation.

On 14/12/2019 at 17:24, hodge said:

You really think he'd be interested in us? He's going for premier league jobs and quite rightly

Money talks. We pay Premier League wages to the attract Premier League players, why not do the same for a top-end Championship/lower-end Premier League manager?

SL did it for the rugby club with Pat Lam, I’d be surprised if the thought of doing it he same with us hadn’t crossed his mind - if he harbours genuine intent to get to the top flight.

I also think in terms of facilities, crowds, boardroom stability that we’re a similar project to Brighton a few years ago and ultimately if you don’t ask, you don’t get. 

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Money talks. We pay Premier League wages to the attract Premier League players, why not do the same for a top-end Championship/lower-end Premier League manager?

SL did it for the rugby club with Pat Lam, I’d be surprised if the thought of doing it he same with us hadn’t crossed his mind - if he harbours genuine intent to get to the top flight.

I also think in terms of facilities, crowds, boardroom stability that we’re a similar project to Brighton a few years ago and ultimately if you don’t ask, you don’t get. 

You don't understand FFP at all do you?

Just now, IAmNick said:

Why not offer an explanation then rather than an unhelpful and confrontational sounding question like that?

Because I have done several times in the past to others and they go back to disregarding it all the next time they throw a paddy.

It's a waste of my time and effort.

42 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You don't understand FFP at all do you?

Yes, I do actually. But I’d suggest spending any funds available on a manager is a bigger priority than spending it on transfer fees or players’ wages. 

What it boils down to is intent. If it’s to get to the Premier League, getting a proven manager should be an important part of the business plan. If the intent is to develop players to sell on and stagnate, then it’s acceptable to pootle along as we are. 

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Yes, I do actually. But I’d suggest spending any funds available on a manager is a bigger priority than spending it on transfer fees or players’ wages. 

What it boils down to is intent. If it’s to get to the Premier League, getting a proven manager should be an important part of the business plan. If the intent is to develop players to sell on and stagnate, then it’s acceptable to pootle along as we are. 

We don't need to sell anyone this summer and if we don't act stupid this January by spending £20m say, but staying down then we don't need to sell anyone in the summer either if we stay down.

4 hours ago, tin said:

I agree with the manager before players inference. 

I'd rather the best manager coach an 8/10 squad, rather than a 5/10 manager coach a 10/10 squad. 

You get the point. 

Archived