IGNORED

The most talented squad we’ve ever had.

Fordy62

I think it’s hard to disagree with the above. But time after time after time they’re not putting performances in and you’ve got to start questioning why. 

Johnson is obviously struggling to make us play anything resembling good football. Even a good percentage of this seasons wins have been woeful to watch and whereas there is the 1 in 5 games where everything seems to click into place, we’re just not good to watch. 

We’ve got more highly paid players than we’ve ever had. I dare say there are a couple nearing 30k. 

surely the time has come to splash the cash in the most important place?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s hard to disagree with the above. But time after time after time they’re not putting performances in and you’ve got to start questioning why. 

Johnson is obviously struggling to make us play anything resembling good football. Even a good percentage of this seasons wins have been woeful to watch and whereas there is the 1 in 5 games where everything seems to click into place, we’re just not good to watch. 

We’ve got more highly paid players than we’ve ever had. I dare say there are a couple nearing 30k. 

surely the time has come to splash the cash in the most important place?

Do you mean coach or centre forward?

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I mean pay what it takes to get Hughton. 

Okay. I agree.

I wonder whether SL is looking at what Pat Lam has achieved with Bristol Rugby in less time and if this comparison could end up costing LJ?  He's nudged us up the Championship almost by stealth whereas Pat Lam has had a remarkable transformative effect.

He is underachieving considering quality of squad and finances. He has had massive stability which other  clubs havent....

We have progressed positionally but considering the league being far weaker than previous years in terms of there being 2 outstanding teams and very little else playoffs is the expectation.

Personally I think there are other managers who could do far more with this squad....

As for identity we dont have one, we never have had one under LJ and that for me is the biggest frustration.....we should have, we dont.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

He is underachieving considering quality of squad and finances. He has had massive stability which other  clubs havent....

We have progressed positionally but considering the league being far weaker than previous years in terms of there being 2 outstanding teams and very little else playoffs is the expectation.

Personally I think there are other managers who could do far more with this squad....

As for identity we dont have one, we never have had one under LJ and that for me is the biggest frustration.....we should have, we dont.

It depends how you define stability. Selling your best players every year doesn't breed stability, other than of the financial kind.

I’m not saying Johnson’s the answer, but you can’t blame everything time and time again. He could get it right tactically in every game, but when these highly talented players can’t stand up and win their physical battles you get performances like today and Tuesday. It’s down to the 11 players on the field to do the business once they cross the white line, and for all of their technical ability they can’t seem to stand up and win their 1 v 1 battles! Whether Johnson is the right man for the job or not over the last 2 games you have to question their desire, commitment and mentality

12 minutes ago, Lez said:

Play offs still is the expectation and we are 7th having been 4th 3 hours ago?! 

4 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Play offs still is the expectation and we are 7th having been 4th 3 hours ago?! 

Have you been watching this??

It's absolute dirge....weak,, out muscled,,lacking any shape,spirit/togetherness,,cohesion,,the man on the ball looking for someone to show but nobody showing so back again it goes...the players seem to be unable to deliver what's being asked of them.

You can only blame Lee - anybody thinking this is a bona fide play off/promotion chasing set up then you must be howling at the moon.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Have you been watching this??

It's absolute dirge....weak,, out muscled,,lacking any shape,spirit/togetherness,,cohesion,,the man on the ball looking for someone to show but nobody showing so back again it goes...the players seem to be unable to deliver what's being asked of them.

You can only blame Lee - anybody thinking this is a bona fide play off/promotion chasing set up then you must be howling at the moon.

I just try to keep an even keel whether we win or lose, and use the table as a guide to how well we are doing overall. Which is quite well. 

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

This is a rubbish excuse we replace with better players we are not weaker for selling Bryan (DaSilva ), Flint (Kalas), Reid (Adobe), Webster (Williams)

I could dispute whether Williams is better than Webster or whether the loss of Reid meant we had to completely change our approach but the point is that whoever you bring in you have to mould them into a team, which doesn't happen overnight.

It doesn't help of course that 3 of those you mention have been injured for long periods.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkInChance said:

Top coach for the rugby and the progress is clear, The football well not so clear unfortunately....

A bit of a false comparison perhaps. Nationally and internationally rugby union is a much smaller game. You can get a world class player for no transfer fee and a £1m a year salary. There is zero chance of getting a football coach of similar standing to Pat Lam's in rugby.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Definitely got it wrong this week. Got it so right against Fulham and Huddersfield though. Hope LJ learns from this. Doing well overall so far this season though.

Out of interest, what by your standards would be a poor season at this stage?

I ask this because I fear Wednesday will give us a hiding.

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Not fit to lace the boots of the 76/77 promotion side. Rock solid defence, midfield full of running, tacking and goals and a top quality striker 

True, though Alan Dicks had 9 years to build a structure and a team. Plus there was not the financial disparity created by parachute payments so we could go toe to toe with WBA for promotion in those days on a more level playing field.

17 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Do you not watch games, the table does lie , we’re bang average 

No I don't bother watching any games, I just guess and come on here to annoy people. Streuth.

Guess what, in some games we're crap and sometimes we're average and sometimes we're good. The last 2 we were poor and the 2 before that we were very good. And the table says we're the  7th best team in the division so far.

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

Out of interest, what by your standards would be a poor season at this stage?

I ask this because I fear Wednesday will give us a hiding.

Lower half would be poor imo. Top half ok. 7th and 3 points off 3rd good.

I think we have the players in most positions to be doing a lot better than these last 2 games. No doubt LJ has made bad decisions in the last 2 that needs to change.

Archived