IGNORED

Midfield

Super

Condensed space due to lack of forwards having the ability to stretch the play. Why is Andi Weimann dropping short? How do we score when he does that?

Lack of ball playing central defender to create space. Kalas was horrific. Williams had to bring the ball forwards, how does he get back if he does that?

What is Massengo meant to do? He's not going to burst past people. I thought he was the worst of the three by a mile. He looked his age today. Where was his movement?

Nagy played terribly but he was the one turning and trying to play forwards. He also had to come collect the ball of the central defenders all the time. He was doing his Marlon Pack impression, it was awful, by that i mean it looked just like him.

Brownhill on the left I'm happy to pan LJ for. Brownhill and Hunt, or Pereira and Eliasson. Pick one for the right hand side. The other combos don't work so well.

Us at 1-0 down to a big quick pressing team was always going to look like that. But when we're ahead it looks great. So pick your poison unless you believe we have players for all situations.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Absolutely terrible. Massengo and Nagy clearly cant play together. Brownhill shifted from centre to left then to the right. None of them pick up runners. No positives truly dreadful.

Truly awful in midfield today . All are very good players, but all a bit fragile for the Championship. Easily caught in possession today. Gave  the ball away countless times even when not being pressed. Brownhill was not in the game at all. Shame as looked so promising against Huddersfield. Crying out for a fit Korey Smith and even Joe Morrell. 

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Condensed space due to lack of forwards having the ability to stretch the play. Why is Andi Weimann dropping short? How do we score when he does that?

Lack of ball playing central defender to create space. Kalas was horrific. Williams had to bring the ball forwards, how does he get back if he does that?

What is Massengo meant to do? He's not going to burst past people. I thought he was the worst of the three by a mile. He looked his age today. Where was his movement?

Nagy played terribly but he was the one turning and trying to play forwards. He also had to come collect the ball of the central defenders all the time. He was doing his Marlon Pack impression, it was awful, by that i mean it looked just like him.

Brownhill on the left I'm happy to pan LJ for. Brownhill and Hunt, or Pereira and Eliasson. Pick one for the right hand side. The other combos don't work so well.

Us at 1-0 down to a big quick pressing team was always going to look like that. But when we're ahead it looks great. So pick your poison unless you believe we have players for all situations.

Re Nagy, you’re spot on. To be fair to him he was the only midfielder willing to take the ball from Williams/Kalas. The problem was when he got the ball and looked forwards, I’m pretty sure he would have seen 6 or 7 red shirted players staring at him and not moving. Therefore he either tried a risky ball forward and lost it, or gave it back to the CBs and repeated the above.

29 minutes ago, Smokey said:

To be fair Nagy and Massengo did alright against Huddersfield and Fulham.

Smokey, to be fair they did ok against a dire side and a good side having a bad day. The gushy hype around Nagy and Massengo, for me, has been embarrassing. If LJ persists in selecting them week after week we are going nowhere 

21 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Because it was the only way to get the ball. He may as well got out a deckchair otherwise!

17 minutes ago, Brooko said:

Smokey, to be fair they did ok against a dire side and a good side having a bad day. The gushy hype around Nagy and Massengo, for me, has been embarrassing. If LJ persists in selecting them week after week we are going nowhere 

Nagy is a massive upgrade of Pack apparently.

28 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Re Nagy, you’re spot on. To be fair to him he was the only midfielder willing to take the ball from Williams/Kalas. The problem was when he got the ball and looked forwards, I’m pretty sure he would have seen 6 or 7 red shirted players staring at him and not moving. Therefore he either tried a risky ball forward and lost it, or gave it back to the CBs and repeated the above.

Exactly this.

zero movement.woeful.

43 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I actually think Weimann needs to come deep more often. He was awful up top with Diedhiou. We don't have a player in that attacking midfield position that a number 10 should be taking up. So our midfielders don't have many forward passing options. We pretty much just go down the right wing at the moment. Time to scrap 442.

51 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Did you watch Huddersfield or Fulham games?

Is that going to be the response after a bit of criticism from now on?

We’ve played well I’d say 6 out of 22 games. That’s not good enough for the squad we have and if we’re serious about a play off place. We’re currently 7th but I can only see us go one way at the moment!

It’s been absolutely painful to watch.

50 minutes ago, David Brent said:

One criticism of LJ has always been that he tinkers too much. These last 2 games were the right opportunity to tinker, at least with the midfield...Massengo was awful and definitely needs a rest. Brownhill on the right doesn’t work at home. 

Blackburn made SIX changes today from Wednesday night.

They looked a lot sharper.

38 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

We did this the entire match and not just in the midfield. The lack of basic pass and move play today was criminal.

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Is that going to be the response after a bit of criticism from now on?

We’ve played well I’d say 6 out of 22 games. That’s not good enough for the squad we have and if we’re serious about a play off place. We’re currently 7th but I can only see us go one way at the moment!

It’s been absolutely painful to watch.

The response was to the statement that Nagy and Massengo cannot play with each other so I don’t know what you’re on about. They have played well together twice so clearly they are able too 

Archived