IGNORED

How much do we give LJ in January?

scrumpy88

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I heard ‘supporters’ around me getting on players backs in the 5th minute. I remember laughing and noting the time. My favourite early comment was ‘play the pass you blonde haired c***’ when Hunt held the ball. We are a poor fan base at home. We need to learn to back our bloody team, and help rather than hinder them. 

Well as Hunt wasn't on the pitch at 5 minutes, I think we may have a case of mistaken ID  :laugh:

29 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I heard ‘supporters’ around me getting on players backs in the 5th minute. I remember laughing and noting the time. My favourite early comment was ‘play the pass you blonde haired c***’ when Hunt held the ball. We are a poor fan base at home. We need to learn to back our bloody team, and help rather than hinder them. 

We are a poor team at home. Chicken and egg?  No, i think football fans are football fans anywhere, and always react to what they see

Poor tactics / poor atmosphere. Easy.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Can’t believe how anti LJ this forum becomes at a drop of a hat. We’ve had injury nightmares and are still very in the play off mix. Maybe home performances would be better if the crowd weren’t so quick to turn on every player? Must feel like playing away!

Johnson IN.

Are you for real mate , with the absolute dross served up at home for the last 2 seasons I think the crowd have been really patient 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe.

However what I will say is that we were all moaning about injuries and how our second team had kept us in contact two months ago. We are only Desilva and Afobi short of having everyone fit. The last two games have been awful. Utter nonsense! 

I do think this poses a challenge for Johnson to explain how we have underperformed since key players returned.

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We are a poor team at home. Chicken and egg?  no, i think football fans are football fans, anywhere.

Poor tactics / poor atmosphere. Easy.

5 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Are you for real mate , with the absolute dross served up at home for the last 2 seasons I think the crowd have been really patient 

I take both your points gents, I’m not one for arguing online and at the end of the day we’re on the same side and want the same things. I just think he’s shown enough for us to stick by him, and I’m cautious about a managerial change. If it goes bad we could end up back in League 1, which we don’t deserve. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

What's the going rate now a days Kivsy? I used to get 50p :laugh:

Wow I supposedly got sixpence! But only ever saw thrupence! The other half was supposedly saved in the post office- never ever saw it though! 
To raise cash to go to the gate I used to collect bottles and save the deposits

6 hours ago, scrumpy88 said:

Everyone saying about signing reinforcements in January but how much do we give LJ to spend? 

He has spent millions of pounds since he’s been here and still playing god awful football most weeks. Do we just let him keep spending and hope he gets it right? 

Nothing. Best squad in years. Make it work. 

6 hours ago, Redpool said:

Nothing. He has had backing previously. If he cannot get into the top 6 this season with his squad. He will have to go in the summer.

Yep. Just like any other coach would. That today was awful and most home games the last 30 months stop this ass licking every one wants us to improve the players but why not off the pitch too? 

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the anomaly was more the games against Huddersfield and Fulham. 

Case of a stopped clock being right twice a day...? Sometimes a team just click. The trick is doing it regularly and imposing yourself on the opposition. 

Our recruitment has been brilliant last 3 windows. But what I don't want to hear is LJ saying 'it doesn't matter what type of striker we bring in as we can adapt' - which is what he said last summer.

No LJ, you need to know what type of striker you are bringing in. Have a clear plan of what type of players you need. Not just anyone who might not compliment each other.

Archived