It is time to move on to the next step

A manager who knows this division and has been there before

That is how to move onto the next step

But SL is to friendly with LJ now

And is blinded on the next step

So I think we will be getting more of the same this and next season

Is that a poem?

47 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Alternatively we've just been beaten and people are pissed off.

Maybe a bit early to panic yet but the signs are there that we might be on another of our frequent downturns, what I'm getting at is that more people liked that post or agreed with it than might have been expected given our league position, it doesn't take much for the forums confidence in LJ to waver given our past history of these type of runs.

Crikey, did people actually go to the game? Our team of professional footballers made mistakes more or less every minute of the match, probably every 30 seconds of the second half. Misplaced pass, poor touch, unnecessary tackle, bad handling, overhit long ball, missed shot, unmarked attacking opponent, misplaced pass, poor touch, misplaced pass, misplaced pass, misplaced pass. 

How on earth do you pin this on the manager? A majority of the players were absolutely shocking, you can't do much if so called professionals (bar Ashley Williams and at a push Eliasson) all look like they've been on the lash the night before. I have kept quiet about this but it's not the first bad home game where the real difference is opponents execute crisply and accurately, we don't.

8 hours ago, nickolas said:

Yet he’s the one who has purchased all these little mini-mees who play as he did ( tippy tappy shite and get bullied by more physical players ). 
We have spent huge sums both in fees and wages down the last few years. Cant help but think we should be spending ( as per Bristol Rugby ), on a top coach who can get the best out of players. 
And yes i know we are ‘still 7th’ etc, but i just have a feel of inevitibility about a season that again promises so much but lets us fall just short again. 

Rarely overly impressed with LJ as a player for his dad tbh, but I must say overall as a manager I think he's done a decent enough job, just that he's bought into the scientific side of things a bit much, we're a bunch of blokes playing football ffs not a set of pawns in a strategic game of chess..

As a player I thought if he had gone into hairdressing instead of football his speciality cut would have been 'short back and sides' much like his ball playing on the field . 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Crikey, did people actually go to the game? Our team of professional footballers made mistakes more or less every minute of the match, probably every 30 seconds of the second half. Misplaced pass, poor touch, unnecessary tackle, bad handling, overhit long ball, missed shot, unmarked attacking opponent, misplaced pass, poor touch, misplaced pass, misplaced pass, misplaced pass. 

How on earth do you pin this on the manager? A majority of the players were absolutely shocking, you can't do much if so called professionals (bar Ashley Williams and at a push Eliasson) all look like they've been on the lash the night before. I have kept quiet about this but it's not the first bad home game where the real difference is opponents execute crisply and accurately, we don't.

@Olé - it’s just not one match though is it? It’s been this way for a couple of years now. It’s his squad, his tactics, setup. Just like in any other workforce it’s the Manager in the firing line when his or hers team underperform and rightfully so. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

My take - a bit like a striker fluffing his lines because he can't handle the moment, right at the crucial time - I think our players are over-coached and think too much too often. When things start to go a little wrong the thinking overtakes the doing. 

With LJs over-emphasis in turning every aspect of the game into a scientific formula that would fill any whiteboard, I'm pretty sure where the responsibly lies most of the time. 

And yes, the players bear some of the responsibility too. 

Blinded by science. 

LJ probably couldn't fill a buffet plate without organising the sausages as wing-backs, the sandwiches in their role as defensive midfielders. 

I see the same problem in national level power chair football. The unhappiest players are those that are coached relentlessly, who cannot move a wheel without being told where to be and what to do. When the coaching changes they become free sprits able to express their talent. Of course there is a happy balance. Does LJ provide it? 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

You actually are Lee,, aren't you??...

Throwing the whole squad under the bus

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

My take - a bit like a striker fluffing his lines because he can't handle the moment, right at the crucial time - I think our players are over-coached and think too much too often. When things start to go a little wrong the thinking overtakes the doing. 

Oh I do agree with that. I almost added in my post that if people want to blame LJ for anything it's not that the players are making so many mistakes themselves, but that they do so looking overcome by the pressure of what they're supposed to be doing, which I wouldn't expect to be the case with doing the basics right - unless they're seriously over-thinking things.

When someone pointed out how many goals we're conceding yesterday in reference to the perception our attack is at fault, I said at the time that it sometimes looks like players are so busy thinking about what they need to do next to aid our complex pattern of attacking play, that they screw up what they're supposed to be doing now with their first touch or pass.

13 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

His squad/players and his team selection, he also works/trains with them most days he in fact should man up and take the blame for his "powderpuff" midfield and non existant strikeforce.

We have had many posts/threads about our missing players and now apart from one they are back so why are we not kicking on? We should recall our Welsh international midfielder and start him and Smith replacing Naggy and Mass; if we fail to bring in a PROVEN striker in this league this next window we should all walk away in dis-belief;

We have been here before failing to invest in proven players then falling away from great position, the signs are there again being possibly only a couple more defeats away from a below midfield position, glass half empty outlook for sure. With Sheff Weds up next, who smashed Forest its not looking great. Talking of Sheffield we could/should easily be matching Utd`s flying position not flaffing around like we are.....go for it F.F.S. wake the hell up.

I have that feeling in me water that say's we are embarking on one of "those runs"

Again.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

I felt a lot of that was because the players didn’t know what to do. If you’re under pressure then you’re going to make mistakes.

9 hours ago, Super said:

He hasnt a clue when setting us up at home and has been like that for a few seasons. 

And that's the gist of it. We have been the same at home now for the last 2 years. He has no idea how to approach and set up for  home games.

This isn't a little run of games. It's been 2 years! 

We will never get top 6 unless we sort out our home form. He has given no indication in the last 2 years he can do it, so why do people think he can now?

Just now, Andy082005 said:

And that's the gist of it. We have been the same at home now for the last 2 years. He has no idea how to approach and set up for  home games.

This isn't a little run of games. It's been 2 years! 

We will never get top 6 unless we sort out our home form. He has given no indication in the last 2 years he can do it, so why do people think he can now?

It's the big fat elephant in the room that won't go away. 

I'm surprised he's not questioned or challenged on it more. 

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Oh I do agree with that. I almost added in my post that if people want to blame LJ for anything it's not that the players are making so many mistakes themselves, but that they do so looking overcome by the pressure of what they're supposed to be doing, which I wouldn't expect to be the case with doing the basics right - unless they're seriously over-thinking things.

When someone pointed out how many goals we're conceding yesterday in reference to the perception our attack is at fault, I said at the time that it sometimes looks like players are so busy thinking about what they need to do next to aid our complex pattern of attacking play, that they screw up what they're supposed to be doing now with their first touch or pass.

Agree with this. If it is indeed the case players cannot handle/accommodate what is required of them, does that also lead to the conclusion we do not have the 'right' players in the squad (as talented as some are), to effectively carry out LJ's philosophy? 

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Because it is a reflection of the Managers ideas. 

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Maybe him thinking for a change; let them worry about us and lets knock them into the middle of next week and go for thier throats....Pride, Passion and Belief, smash em. Sling the laptop Lee football is simple enough

What like 5-2 win, vs Huddersfield two weeks ago you mean?

On the simple game, disregard analysis etc. Don't necessarily agree. Teams and tactics to name two have really evolved in recent times.

10 years ago and probably less, the bulk of sides at this level played 4-4-2 with wingers. Far from the case now!

It's hard to say what the best tactical solution is but one thing I am sure of us that IF we want to be a side who dominate the ball, then 4-4-2 and certainly a more traditional type is a crap way to go about it these days in the main.

Conversely 4-4-2 could be good If we're happy to have less possession but quick and perhaps strongly pressing counterattacking play. Think Millwall two seasons ago or even at times Birmingham under Monk. 

Unconvinced a side goes up with 4-4-2 now too, or it's quite rare- certainly a more traditional type.

Does LJ know definitively what he wants, or is trying to achieve? Have my doubts!

30 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

Agree with this. If it is indeed the case players cannot handle/accommodate what is required of them, does that also lead to the conclusion we do not have the 'right' players in the squad (as talented as some are), to effectively carry out LJ's philosophy? 

Or perhaps it is his philosophy that is flawed?

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Agreed Ole.

Also i noticed yesterday that our players seemed not to be enjoying playing.

17 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

he doesn't look at all bothered by the defeat does he. two games with no spark would get a few managers showing a bit of remorse

are you totally off your flipping rocker? what do you want him to do, send you a personalized letter of apology? crawl on his hands and knees begging forgiveness. Of the many people that need to get a grip, you're most certainly one of them. 

Archived