IGNORED

Check out Tomlins goal today....

Montpelierblue

3 hours ago, Taz said:

We know!! He knew his time was up at Bournemouth, so had to turn it on with us, either to show us or others what he could do. Played games all summer, and personally once that went on and on, we should have pulled the plug. Became toxic whilst under contract, unfit and lazy, and had to go. The circle of Tomlin just continues, and will do so until he retires.

Personally couldn't care less what happens to him, but I think the best move for Cardiff is to get rid. I spoke to a cardiff supporter I know when the rumours of him going to you started, and said "depending on which version you get, he'll either be the best signing you'll make, or will look like the worst player ever". I think you've probably seen both sides haven't you?

We sure have. He didn’t feature in our promotion year team at all, yet doubled his wages to a reported 32k on promotion.

shame he wasn’t fit and leaner last year like he is now, as we could have really done with him in the PL. I think he shed 2 stone and is clearly much fitter than he ever has been with us. I know he had issues before with a drunken assault charge was it? With all that behind him maybe he’s seen the light....who knows. You can have flint back though....?

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

We sure have. He didn’t feature in our promotion year team at all, yet doubled his wages to a reported 32k on promotion.

shame he wasn’t fit and leaner last year like he is now, as we could have really done with him in the PL. I think he shed 2 stone and is clearly much fitter than he ever has been with us. I know he had issues before with a drunken assault charge was it? With all that behind him maybe he’s seen the light....who knows. You can have flint back though....?

I read an interview with him in the summer (might have been in your local rag) where he said he`s realised he`s pissing his career away and had decided to do something about it hence the weight loss and improved attitude. He also seemed to have accepted he`d been an arsehole in the past and had sought professional advice to sort his head out.

It looks like it might have worked and fair play to him but it`ll be a long time before I forgive him for the disruption he caused at City I`m afraid.

On 15/12/2019 at 06:21, Spoons said:

He's also available on a free at end of the season .......what we could do with his creativity especially after this week. 

That's probably why he's decided to perform the way we know he can, he's looking to secure another contract !

In saying that he's one hell of a talent when his minds on the job :clap:

21 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

That player we had on loan, have him back in the blink of an eye.

That player we signed looking like Tomlin, his clone, forget it. 

Still think he missed a pen on purpose trying to get LJ sacked. It was that bad.

best of luck to Cardiff. 

I agree he missed it on purpose. Don't think he was supposed to take it either. How anyone can want someone like that back at our club is beyond me.

All I'm going to say is since I turned up at my first city game I've always wanted to be entertained for my money's worth.

Jacki, Taylor, tinnion, Hartley, jet , Cole, Caulker.....And Tomlin. These type of players who entertain aren't always well liked in the dressing room etc or end up staying around for long but it's more exciting to watch as a fan. 

12 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

More promotions from the championship to top division than any other manager in history. Impressive

That’s not true is it? Warnock has the most promotions in football league history but he’s only been promoted from the championship to the premier league on three occasions as a manager - Steve Bruce has done it four times ... 

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s not true is it? Warnock has the most promotions in football league history but he’s only been promoted from the championship to the premier league on three occasions as a manager - Steve Bruce has done it four times ... 

Oh yeah, Could be right, didn’t he do it with sheff Utd, Notts county, qpr and us?

Archived