Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Montpelierblue

Check out Tomlins goal today....

6 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

There’s more.

Such natural talent, he could have made it to the top years ago if he had applied himself properly. Never thought I’d have said this last year, but he will be the most important signing we make if he signs a new deal. It does amaze me how some players have absolute blinders in the last year of their contract......

• Like 2

Fairly sure that’s a cross. Just putting it back into the right area imo. Either way, no where near as good as his goal against Huddersfield ( is that right?). COYR 

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

It was a cross.

I thought it was cross come shot.  Not overly impressed.

That flick was class though.

• Snake 1

2 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Such natural talent, he could have made it to the top years ago if he had applied himself properly. Never thought I’d have said this last year, but he will be the most important signing we make if he signs a new deal. It does amaze me how some players have absolute blinders in the last year of their contract......

That’s what he does. Impresses/tries when looking for a contract and then proceeds to act/play like a **** once he’s comfortable again. 

If someone could get him on a rolling yearly contract they’d have a good player. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

How can people watch that and not want him back ?

Seriously???

Who would want him back? Get him back on loan when he is after a new contract and he will be unplayable and look a right genius, sign him up on 25k per week straight after and he will turn into a complete and utter bell end who upsets the whole club. He will retire and probably regret why he never put it all in, and played at the very top for a top team - because he does have the talent, just a shocking attitude. He didn't exactly do a lot on loan at Posh last season ffs - that should tell you all you need to know about the person/player.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

That player we had on loan, have him back in the blink of an eye.

That player we signed looking like Tomlin, his clone, forget it. 

Still think he missed a pen on purpose trying to get LJ sacked. It was that bad.

best of luck to Cardiff. 

• Rovers 1

With about 5 points separating 3rd to 14th place the playoffs are there for anyone who can be consistent. You beat Fulham away then lose two at home, you couldn’t predict that stuff, it is what you have to love about the championship, the relentlessness of it all too. We have Preston and Millwall at home next,  could get six points, could get none.....Millwall looking good at mo.

7 hours ago, RedSA said:

That’s what he does. Impresses/tries when looking for a contract and then proceeds to act/play like a **** once he’s comfortable again. 

If someone could get him on a rolling yearly contract they’d have a good player. 

Rolling one year contract.....🤩 nailed it

19 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I refuse to believe this is serious 

Having just watched two games in a week where we are crying out for creativity watching Tomlin do what he does whilst 3-0 against Leeds makes it hard to watch, knowing if on form etc he could be the difference in close games. 

But you're right I was joking about Tomlin but not about getting some creativity into our team.

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Having just watched two games in a week where we are crying out for creativity watching Tomlin do what he does whilst 3-0 against Leeds makes it hard to watch, knowing if on form etc he could be the difference in close games. 

But you're right I was joking about Tomlin but not about getting some creativity into our team.

Can agree there could do with another quality winger and get rid of the likes of Watkins and Adelakun. Maybe recalling Paterson as another option could help. Definitely not a Tomlin type player though 

I'm happy enough without Tomlin on balance, his antics here the reason but otoh he could and still can light up a game.

As well as the great moments though, he seems to be finding some form. Remember reading that he was back in shape etc in the summer, and getting his way back in- seems to have started showing it more for a couple of months. Measuring it not just by great moments but by his output- goals and assists.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

We know!! He knew his time was up at Bournemouth, so had to turn it on with us, either to show us or others what he could do. Played games all summer, and personally once that went on and on, we should have pulled the plug. Became toxic whilst under contract, unfit and lazy, and had to go. The circle of Tomlin just continues, and will do so until he retires.

Personally couldn't care less what happens to him, but I think the best move for Cardiff is to get rid. I spoke to a cardiff supporter I know when the rumours of him going to you started, and said "depending on which version you get, he'll either be the best signing you'll make, or will look like the worst player ever". I think you've probably seen both sides haven't you?

3 hours ago, Taz said:

We know!! He knew his time was up at Bournemouth, so had to turn it on with us, either to show us or others what he could do. Played games all summer, and personally once that went on and on, we should have pulled the plug. Became toxic whilst under contract, unfit and lazy, and had to go. The circle of Tomlin just continues, and will do so until he retires.

Personally couldn't care less what happens to him, but I think the best move for Cardiff is to get rid. I spoke to a cardiff supporter I know when the rumours of him going to you started, and said "depending on which version you get, he'll either be the best signing you'll make, or will look like the worst player ever". I think you've probably seen both sides haven't you?

We sure have. He didn’t feature in our promotion year team at all, yet doubled his wages to a reported 32k on promotion.

shame he wasn’t fit and leaner last year like he is now, as we could have really done with him in the PL. I think he shed 2 stone and is clearly much fitter than he ever has been with us. I know he had issues before with a drunken assault charge was it? With all that behind him maybe he’s seen the light....who knows. You can have flint back though....😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

We sure have. He didn’t feature in our promotion year team at all, yet doubled his wages to a reported 32k on promotion.

shame he wasn’t fit and leaner last year like he is now, as we could have really done with him in the PL. I think he shed 2 stone and is clearly much fitter than he ever has been with us. I know he had issues before with a drunken assault charge was it? With all that behind him maybe he’s seen the light....who knows. You can have flint back though....😂

I read an interview with him in the summer (might have been in your local rag) where he said he`s realised he`s pissing his career away and had decided to do something about it hence the weight loss and improved attitude. He also seemed to have accepted he`d been an arsehole in the past and had sought professional advice to sort his head out.

It looks like it might have worked and fair play to him but it`ll be a long time before I forgive him for the disruption he caused at City I`m afraid.

20 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Still think he missed a pen on purpose trying to get LJ sacked. It was that bad.

Arguably the only thing he cared about was himself - there's no way he would miss on purpose he would want the goal stat.

And yes, properly managed I would have him back (not with LJ though).

I’m pretty sure I read he did have to undergo serious therapy and had considered taking his own life maybe? That’s a long dark rd if correct, so good on him for bouncing back as he has. Wouldn’t wish that kind of mental anguish on anyone.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, weepywall said:

Fair play, fantastic comeback, got a decent manager there now.

Now? The previous one took them up into the premier league .... he was a pretty decent championship manager 😉🤓🍷

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now? The previous one took them up into the premier league .... he was a pretty decent championship manager 😉🤓🍷

Yes, sorry, that came out wrong, what I meant was I think they have a very decent replacement for Warnock.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2019 at 06:21, Spoons said:

He's also available on a free at end of the season .......what we could do with his creativity especially after this week. 

That's probably why he's decided to perform the way we know he can, he's looking to secure another contract !

In saying that he's one hell of a talent when his minds on the job :clap:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Yes, sorry, that came out wrong, what I meant was I think they have a very decent replacement for Warnock.

Absolutely no need to apologise Chief .... 

21 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

That player we had on loan, have him back in the blink of an eye.

That player we signed looking like Tomlin, his clone, forget it. 

best of luck to Cardiff. 

I agree he missed it on purpose. Don't think he was supposed to take it either. How anyone can want someone like that back at our club is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

More promotions from the championship to top division than any other manager in history. Impressive

All I'm going to say is since I turned up at my first city game I've always wanted to be entertained for my money's worth.

Jacki, Taylor, tinnion, Hartley, jet , Cole, Caulker.....And Tomlin. These type of players who entertain aren't always well liked in the dressing room etc or end up staying around for long but it's more exciting to watch as a fan. 

12 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

More promotions from the championship to top division than any other manager in history. Impressive

That’s not true is it? Warnock has the most promotions in football league history but he’s only been promoted from the championship to the premier league on three occasions as a manager - Steve Bruce has done it four times ... 

On 14/12/2019 at 19:51, Spoons said:

He's also available on a free at end of the season .......what we could do with his creativity especially after this week. 

So's Jacky Rodwell

Guess you want us to sign him too

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s not true is it? Warnock has the most promotions in football league history but he’s only been promoted from the championship to the premier league on three occasions as a manager - Steve Bruce has done it four times ... 

Oh yeah, Could be right, didn’t he do it with sheff Utd, Notts county, qpr and us?

4 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Oh yeah, Could be right, didn’t he do it with sheff Utd, Notts county, qpr and us?

You could be right, I forgot that football existed before 1992! He took Notts Co up to the old first div I think, so apologies for that. He’s equal with Steve Bruce then 

Someone needs to have a word with Morrison and get that ridiculous moustache shaved off!

Obviously uses the same grooming products as Flint