Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

City fan 1982

Early leavers

I never leave early but my mind was made up with the announcement that parsons st station was shut. I had to catch connecting train at temple meads at 17.44. So had no choice but to leave early for the 40 min walk to get my train.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I never leave early but my mind was made up with the announcement that parsons st station was shut. I had to catch connecting train at temple meads at 17.44. So had no choice but to leave early for the 40 min walk to get my train.

The station wasn't shut it was the road.

Just now, Spoons said:

No need to kick a man when he’s down Spoons.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Where did your gut go then, anywhere nice?

Down the pub.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

They did say over the tannoy it was shut near the end of the game but when people got back there were able to catch the train 

The announcement didn’t make it clear as to whether it was Parson Street (the road) or Parson Street (the station) that was closed. Many fans around me left after the announcement was made.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The announcement didn’t make it clear as to whether it was Parson Street (the road) or Parson Street (the station) that was closed. Many fans around me left after the announcement was made.

It did say due to a police incident the road parsons street was shut. To be fair it's been shut since 1.30pm , sounds like a nasty assault. Not football related. 

Awful game, I was actually surprised how many were still in game at final whistle. 

Early leavers...

Bentley

32Lopes Pereira

Substituted forHuntat 59'minutes

22Kalas

29Williams

25Rowe

Substituted forSzmodicsat 69'minutes

8Brownhill

42Massengo

4Nagy

Substituted forO'Dowdaat 59'minutes

19Eliasson

14WeimannBooked at 79mins

9Diédhiou

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I though the exodus was people rushing to see what the police incident was! Potentially much more interesting than we saw on the pitch

Was there till the end. Not of loyalty just could not believe what I was watching.  One of the most inept displays from a City side I have seen in 50 years.

Apart from Williams header and the Hunt ball in did we create a chance?  Did we have any shots at goal?   Slow on the move everybody behind the ball. Counter attack what's that?

Sorry to say we are a side built in the managers image, I don't see any January signings making any difference Jono will not set a side up any different. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I switched sky off as soon as Milwalls second went in - we looked that bereft of any creativity and I always stay or watch until the bitter end

To be fair we shouldn't have come back after Millwall's second Tuesday night

Two piss poor performances in a row certainly isn't what we're about 

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Was there till the end. Not of loyalty just could not believe what I was watching.  One of the most inept displays from a City side I have seen in 50 years.

Apart from Williams header and the Hunt ball in did we create a chance?  Did we have any shots at goal?   Slow on the move everybody behind the ball. Counter attack what's that?

Sorry to say we are a side built in the managers image, I don't see any January signings making any difference Jono will not set a side up any different. 

100% spot on @stephenkibby.

45 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Thank you. Finally the penny is beginning to drop.

I did not go today because I'm sick of the boring play, the negative tactics and the constant changing of formations and tactics.

I actually laughed, listening to RB when the match started and we conceded within a minute, and I've been supporting City for 70 years. I do not believe that Johnson and Lansdown can actually see how peed off many of us are.

• Like 6
  • Snake 1

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Bit of an overreaction there StephenK - I’m not saying it was a great watch, far from it but Nagy and Massengo were both way below the quality that we’ve previously seen from them both. Massengo getting caught in possession that led to the killer second goal.

City did create chances, Williams missing a free header to equalise, Eliasson forcing a cracking save and Famara being an inch away from a Hunt Cross.

What let City down was the two midfielders being way,way under par and that led to the slow tempo and lack of momentum. Nagy was eventually replaced 

Fortunately City have over a week to recover and prepare to a very tough trip to Hillsborough...............:cool2:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bit of an overreaction there StephenK - I’m not saying it was a great watch, far from it but Nagy and Massengo were both way below the quality that we’ve previously seen from them both. Massengo getting caught in possession that led to the killer second goal.

City did create chances, Williams missing a free header to equalise, Eliasson forcing a cracking save and Famara being an inch away from a Hunt Cross.

What let City down was the two midfielders being way,way under par and that led to the slow tempo and lack of momentum. Nagy was eventually replaced 

Fortunately City have over a week to recover and prepare to a very tough trip to Hillsborough...............:cool2:

Well that sounds like a game we deserved to win, For me it was nothing of the sort. Blackburn so deserved to win today.

If our win at Fulham was  deserved when we under the cosh for long periods of the game please enlighten me how Blackburn didn't deserve that win today?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well that sounds like a game we deserved to win, For me it was nothing of the sort. Blackburn so deserved to win today.

If our win at Fulham was  deserved when we under the cosh for long periods of the game please enlighten me how Blackburn didn't deserve that win today?

Where did I say that Blackburn didn’t deserve to win today? My point is that City were far too lightweight in midfield but despite that still managed to create chances - which we failed to take.

You reckon today was the most inept display that you’ve seen in 50 years - that has to be a massive overreaction your part. Can you not remember getting beaten 0-5 by Wolves ( mascot punch up) and 0-6 by Cardiff? That later defeat was most inept performance I can recall seeing at AG........jeez.......that was so humiliating and I still cringe thinking about in now..........:facepalm:

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I agree with a lot of that but I can think of plenty of displays that were more inept in the last 15 years, never mind 50...

• Like 3

Wasn't there yesterday. I'm guessing after 2 seasons of crap home performances and Millwall to boot, there were huge numbers of empty seats at kickoff? 

To my mind, the point is not how early people left, but how they could endure that yesterday until the 77th minute? 

Hats off to everyone then for keeping faith until the second goal on 77 minutes. And here's hoping we go deeper than that next time, maybe beyond 80 mins?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

On a weekend of over reactions, this is one of the finest! If that was the worst you've seen in 50 years then you haven't seen many games in that time ( and I know you have!).

The Williams header and the Hunt cross were about the two easiest chances we'll get all season. And we had others, first half particularly. 

And why would LJ set up differently to the shape, style etc that has seen us improve our status season on season and got us to being consistently serious  play off contenders for the first time?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kivsy said:

Surprised there’s no thread yet , 

I left after the second goal , 

no happy clappers calling out early leavers ? 

I'm more concerned at the 'dont show uppers '

Plenty are staying away now 

Missed the Huddersfield game, so apart from Charlton 2nd half haven’t seen a decent home game for a long time 

Let someone have my Season ticket yesterday warned them of falling asleep 

Edited by Rossi the Robin

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On a weekend of over reactions, this is one of the finest! If that was the worst you've seen in 50 years then you haven't seen many games in that time ( and I know you have!).

The Williams header and the Hunt cross were about the two easiest chances we'll get all season. And we had others, first half particularly. 

And why would LJ set up differently to the shape, style etc that has seen us improve our status season on season and got us to being consistently serious  play off contenders for the first time?

You really think we are serious play off contenders?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You really think we are serious play off contenders?

Yes. We've been there or thereabouts all season. Not just sitting in mid table hoping to sneak in after a good run. Listen to every opposing fan interviewed on OSIB, not one so far hasn't suggested we'll make the play offs. 

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yes. We've been there or thereabouts all season. Not just sitting in mid table hoping to sneak in after a good run. Listen to every opposing fan interviewed on OSIB, not one so far hasn't suggested we'll make the play offs. 

They don’t see us every week though, they just see the results where we’ve won 2-1 or 1-0 or whatever and think they're a good team, when in reality most wins have been against the run of play & it can’t continue to happen.

xG is catching up with us, we’ve been extremely clinical when getting chances this season so far, but that was never going to last & and our defence is as leaky as ever.

Honestly don’t like people leaving early but can’t blame people for this one. Saying that every game people leave early and I don’t know why, we won 5-2 against Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago and people were leaving at around the 80th minute. Why?

30 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

xG is catching up with us, we’ve been extremely clinical when getting chances this season so far, but that was never going to last & and our defence is as leaky as ever.

Agreed. I've feared this for a while though in slight mitigation, regular rolling injuries certainly haven't helped.

On the xG point though, a third aspect to add- feeds into the defence bit. Shots/chances conceded,  it's pretty high.

Bentley- he cannot and it's no reflection on him as such, keep up the high, high saves % he has often had this season. It's been fairly unnatural tbh! 

We also quite interestingly seem to be returning to a theme that we saw at times last season. Better without the ball. Points to possession graph...bet we gain more, perhaps a fair few of our points when we have under 50% yet with players such as Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill, Eliasson and Weimann to name 5- and of course Palmer if we can ever get the best our of him again well that's a fairly poor reflection! Injuries have also helped to destroy continuity top.

Still overall however, Has to come down to LJ in various ways. I do though think that when all fit and well, Hunt-Moore-Kalas-DaSilva will give us a nicely balanced back 4, with ability to play out,  and play a higher line with more ease due to age and attributes.

30 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Honestly don’t like people leaving early but can’t blame people for this one. Saying that every game people leave early and I don’t know why, we won 5-2 against Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago and people were leaving at around the 80th minute. Why?

When the result seems certain, many will leave. 

At 5-2 up this applies. 

At 2-0 down, likewise. 

31 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Because they want to! If it’s a problem please approach these people and advise them they are wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

There can be loads of different reasons - work, having young kids, having a train to catch.  Surely it's obvious that if people leave early when winning 5-2 they're not doing it through choice.

• Like 1

The second goal summed up out afternoon. It was cold and we were going nowhere, creating nothing and the atmosphere was as flat as a pancake. My daughter was complaining that she was bored. As soon as that goal went in I knew we didn’t even have a chance of a single point, so why sit there any longer freezing when the team kicked off again and started knocking it around the back four? Sorry, time to go home!

44 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Because in Britain we decide how good an event is by how quickly we can get home from it.

Person A:I hear you went to X event last night, how was it? 

Person B(standard response) :it was pretty good, only took me 30 minutes to get home. 

• Haha 5