IGNORED

Early leavers

City fan 1982

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Was there till the end. Not of loyalty just could not believe what I was watching.  One of the most inept displays from a City side I have seen in 50 years.

Apart from Williams header and the Hunt ball in did we create a chance?  Did we have any shots at goal?   Slow on the move everybody behind the ball. Counter attack what's that?

Sorry to say we are a side built in the managers image, I don't see any January signings making any difference Jono will not set a side up any different. 

I agree with a lot of that but I can think of plenty of displays that were more inept in the last 15 years, never mind 50...

11 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Was there till the end. Not of loyalty just could not believe what I was watching.  One of the most inept displays from a City side I have seen in 50 years.

Apart from Williams header and the Hunt ball in did we create a chance?  Did we have any shots at goal?   Slow on the move everybody behind the ball. Counter attack what's that?

Sorry to say we are a side built in the managers image, I don't see any January signings making any difference Jono will not set a side up any different. 

On a weekend of over reactions, this is one of the finest! If that was the worst you've seen in 50 years then you haven't seen many games in that time ( and I know you have!).

The Williams header and the Hunt cross were about the two easiest chances we'll get all season. And we had others, first half particularly. 

And why would LJ set up differently to the shape, style etc that has seen us improve our status season on season and got us to being consistently serious  play off contenders for the first time?

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On a weekend of over reactions, this is one of the finest! If that was the worst you've seen in 50 years then you haven't seen many games in that time ( and I know you have!).

The Williams header and the Hunt cross were about the two easiest chances we'll get all season. And we had others, first half particularly. 

And why would LJ set up differently to the shape, style etc that has seen us improve our status season on season and got us to being consistently serious  play off contenders for the first time?

You really think we are serious play off contenders?

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yes. We've been there or thereabouts all season. Not just sitting in mid table hoping to sneak in after a good run. Listen to every opposing fan interviewed on OSIB, not one so far hasn't suggested we'll make the play offs. 

They don’t see us every week though, they just see the results where we’ve won 2-1 or 1-0 or whatever and think they're a good team, when in reality most wins have been against the run of play & it can’t continue to happen.

xG is catching up with us, we’ve been extremely clinical when getting chances this season so far, but that was never going to last & and our defence is as leaky as ever.

30 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

xG is catching up with us, we’ve been extremely clinical when getting chances this season so far, but that was never going to last & and our defence is as leaky as ever.

Agreed. I've feared this for a while though in slight mitigation, regular rolling injuries certainly haven't helped.

On the xG point though, a third aspect to add- feeds into the defence bit. Shots/chances conceded,  it's pretty high.

Bentley- he cannot and it's no reflection on him as such, keep up the high, high saves % he has often had this season. It's been fairly unnatural tbh! 

We also quite interestingly seem to be returning to a theme that we saw at times last season. Better without the ball. Points to possession graph...bet we gain more, perhaps a fair few of our points when we have under 50% yet with players such as Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill, Eliasson and Weimann to name 5- and of course Palmer if we can ever get the best our of him again well that's a fairly poor reflection! Injuries have also helped to destroy continuity top.

Still overall however, Has to come down to LJ in various ways. I do though think that when all fit and well, Hunt-Moore-Kalas-DaSilva will give us a nicely balanced back 4, with ability to play out,  and play a higher line with more ease due to age and attributes.

30 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Honestly don’t like people leaving early but can’t blame people for this one. Saying that every game people leave early and I don’t know why, we won 5-2 against Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago and people were leaving at around the 80th minute. Why?

When the result seems certain, many will leave. 

At 5-2 up this applies. 

At 2-0 down, likewise. 

31 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Honestly don’t like people leaving early but can’t blame people for this one. Saying that every game people leave early and I don’t know why, we won 5-2 against Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago and people were leaving at around the 80th minute. Why?

Because they want to! If it’s a problem please approach these people and advise them they are wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

There can be loads of different reasons - work, having young kids, having a train to catch.  Surely it's obvious that if people leave early when winning 5-2 they're not doing it through choice.

The second goal summed up out afternoon. It was cold and we were going nowhere, creating nothing and the atmosphere was as flat as a pancake. My daughter was complaining that she was bored. As soon as that goal went in I knew we didn’t even have a chance of a single point, so why sit there any longer freezing when the team kicked off again and started knocking it around the back four? Sorry, time to go home!

44 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Because in Britain we decide how good an event is by how quickly we can get home from it.

Person A:I hear you went to X event last night, how was it? 

Person B(standard response) :it was pretty good, only took me 30 minutes to get home. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

You are deluded if you think home form is improving.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

There can be loads of different reasons - work, having young kids, having a train to catch.  Surely it's obvious that if people leave early when winning 5-2 they're not doing it through choice.

I expect there to be a few leavers but the stadium was the half of the capacity by the 80th minute. My point is against Huddersfield they played well and they should be applauded for their efforts. What has everyone got to get back for? Strictly Come Dancing?

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

When the result seems certain, many will leave. 

At 5-2 up this applies. 

At 2-0 down, likewise. 

Many times it has been a close game and people have left early. Think back to the Charlton game the attendance was about 20k about 10k saw Brownhills late goal.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yes. We've been there or thereabouts all season. Not just sitting in mid table hoping to sneak in after a good run. Listen to every opposing fan interviewed on OSIB, not one so far hasn't suggested we'll make the play offs. 

So the fact that the last two seasons prior to this one, where we dropped away because we were not good enough....doesn't concern you?

Especially considering because it looks like we will start to drop away....because we are not good enough 

Players come, player go....but our style, our performances, our results....stay exactly the same. Ineffective and underwhelming 

This manager will not turn us into top 6 team over the course of a season . He just isn't good enough 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

So the fact that the last two seasons prior to this one, where we dropped away because we were not good enough....doesn't concern you?

Especially considering because it looks like we will start to drop away....because we are not good enough 

Players come, player go....but our style, our performances, our results....stay exactly the same. Ineffective and underwhelming 

This manager will not turn us into top 6 team over the course of a season . He just isn't good enough 

Fair enough. I just didn't notice you on here saying that six days ago. And, it's not a view I'd share until there's some evidence to support it.

And, by the way, we were 14th this time last season. So hardly "dropped away".

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm more concerned at the 'dont show uppers '

Plenty are staying away now 

You say that but there were over 21,000 there yesterday. Only 600 odd from Blackburn. 

Not bad considering ‘plenty are staying away’. I’m far from pleased with the way things are going FYI but I don’t think plenty are losing patience just yet. 

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I expect there to be a few leavers but the stadium was the half of the capacity by the 80th minute. My point is against Huddersfield they played well and they should be applauded for their efforts. What has everyone got to get back for? Strictly Come Dancing?

If I leave on 90 instead of waiting for injury time it saves me about 30 minutes getting home.  Sometimes I'll wait, sometimes I've got better things to do or commitments to keep - like getting home to sort the kids out so the missus can go out.  Football is a tiny part of life, and footballers paid five figures every week can have a little cry in their sports cars on the way home if they miss me.  Have some perspective.

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You say that but there were over 21,000 there yesterday. Only 600 odd from Blackburn. 

Not bad considering ‘plenty are staying away’. I’m far from pleased with the way things are going FYI but I don’t think plenty are losing patience just yet. 

Tickets sold don't necessarily correlate with attendances in the ground itself- haven't for a while.

Seems to be just standard in modern football- if someone has purchased a ticket, or is an st holder the official figures show them as having "attended" even if they have not!

Club will have access to both sets of figures but there certainly were not 21,000 there Saturday IMO.

Archived