IGNORED

Early leavers

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tickets sold don't necessarily correlate with attendances in the ground itself- haven't for a while.

Seems to be just standard in modern football- if someone has purchased a ticket, or is an st holder the official figures show them as having "attended" even if they have not!

Club will have access to both sets of figures but there certainly were not 21,000 there Saturday IMO.

We were a couple of thousand short of that figure imho 

I tried purchasing tickets for the dolman stand and other areas but they came up as not available mainly  due to season ticket holders which is no problem. However there were a massive amount of seats empty in areas where tickets could not be purchased. 

My estimate of the true attendance would be somewhere between 16 and  18 K. At best. It’s a great stadium compared to others in the same league as city but for some reason it does not seem a stadium that can promote atmosphere - well That’s another topic for another day.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You say that but there were over 21,000 there yesterday. Only 600 odd from Blackburn. 

Not bad considering ‘plenty are staying away’. I’m far from pleased with the way things are going FYI but I don’t think plenty are losing patience just yet. 

No, there really weren't. There were about 16,000 in there yesterday .

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

No, there really weren't. There were about 16,000 in there yesterday .

I seem to recall we always have lower actually in the stands in the weeks before Christmas especially on a Saturday due to shopping and evenings out - life sometimes gets in the way of football despite our best attempts

Tuesday night we were sat in the south stand end of the dolman,on 80 mins had neck ache after watching 35 mins of the ball in our half in front of the away end. didn't try and get 1 goal back until millwall had scored 2. that was much the same as the first half and I could have quite easily have gone home at half time.

23 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You say that but there were over 21,000 there yesterday. Only 600 odd from Blackburn. 

Not bad considering ‘plenty are staying away’. I’m far from pleased with the way things are going FYI but I don’t think plenty are losing patience just yet. 

Stayed at home with the nipper. 

On 15/12/2019 at 20:02, Dullmoan Tone said:

I seem to recall we always have lower actually in the stands in the weeks before Christmas especially on a Saturday due to shopping and evenings out - life sometimes gets in the way of football despite our best attempts

Shopping? You mean twiddling with yer phone, then waiting for a parcel to arrive? 

People can't be bloody bothered at the moment cos 1. It's cold/wet, and 2. It's sh1te. 

Been shite or at least underwhelming at home for more than just the last 2 seasons!

i can understand Parson st closure causing early departure on this occasion, but I would point out that I never leave early, no matter how bad Johnson serves it up!

Do I believe this year will be the one we move into the prem - no I don’t! 
Will we ever make it? Perhaps, but definitely not with LJ at the helm. Too clever by half and it’s obvious the players don’t rate him either

I did something I've never done before and left at half time. Me and the boy had been feeling shitty all week (hence  we  missed the Millwall game) but thought we'd make the effort. Couldn't believe what how crap we were, and when he asked to go home at half time I couldn't be bothered to argue. Utter dross.

On 15/12/2019 at 14:57, Lew-T said:

How many season ticket holders didn't go? I know a fair few that didn't 

Certainly didn't look like 21k to me 

On 15/12/2019 at 10:45, Pezo said:

Because in Britain we decide how good an event is by how quickly we can get home from it.

Person A:I hear you went to X event last night, how was it? 

Person B(standard response) :it was pretty good, only took me 30 minutes to get home. 

You may laugh, but it would need to be a very special event to persuade me to go the NEC! 

The opinion that people can do what they please as long as it doesn't affect anyone else is correct but with leaving early this isn't always the case.

Few times a season I sit in the Dolman (ST in South Stand) and as soon as the 85th minute comes about dozens of fans start descending down the stairs and making people get up to let them out completely blocking the view of hundreds of people in the blocks around them especially when the ball is near the touchline.

At the Wolves cup game it got tasty between the early leavers and the fans in the block next to them (quite rightly) having a go as they couldn't see the end of a very exciting game that we were pushing for the equaliser in just so people can skip the queues. 

45 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

The opinion that people can do what they please as long as it doesn't affect anyone else is correct but with leaving early this isn't always the case.

Few times a season I sit in the Dolman (ST in South Stand) and as soon as the 85th minute comes about dozens of fans start descending down the stairs and making people get up to let them out completely blocking the view of hundreds of people in the blocks around them especially when the ball is near the touchline

It happens every game. 

My seat is midway down the old B block in the Dolman and it’s bloody annoying when fans from higher up decide to descend with minutes still to play. They all stop and watch if anything promising is developing and guys around me all yell to keep moving but it makes no difference...........:disapointed2se:

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It happens every game. 

My seat is midway down the old B block in the Dolman and it’s bloody annoying when fans from higher up decide to descend with minutes still to play. They all stop and watch if anything promising is developing and guys around me all yell to keep moving but it makes no difference...........:disapointed2se:

I start making my way down with about 2 mins of injury time left...by which time there's usually a couple of end seats near the bottom free, so me and the boy dive into those to keep out of other's way.  Being at the back and getting the train the only way to see all the match is to do this, but we do try to get to the bottom quickly to minimise disruption.  Sadly many others don't show the same courtesy, and the stewards do nothing to shepherd them out either.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It happens every game. 

Maybe they can’t hear what’s being said...

Archived