IGNORED

The Injury Incident

Barry Sheene

Surprised no one has mentioned the injury Incident where the Blackburn player was down and the referee kept playing.

Physio's entering the field of play with the game in progress, City player's pushing them back to the touchline and Johnson getting a yellow card. 

Madness all round because the Referee failed to stop the game to get the Blackburn player treated

32 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the injury Incident where the Blackburn player was down and the referee kept playing.

Physio's entering the field of play with the game in progress, City player's pushing them back to the touchline and Johnson getting a yellow card. 

Madness all round because the Referee failed to stop the game to get the Blackburn player treated

It wasn’t a head injury, was it?

The Blackburn player knows exactly what he was doing, he was in a collision with one of our defenders, stayed down while the ball went to one of his team mates in an attacking area knowing that if the attacker went on to score or gain a corner etc play would most likely continue, but would also be stopped once play broke down or we gained possession of the ball. 

Publicly stated we don’t stop, ref did not stop the game! physio ran on pitch Weimann intercepted him, 4th official pally with visiting bench all game reported LJ to ref for side line incident - crap ref ignored the pitch incursion and booked LJ - bad temper continued in tunnel at the break - as usual at the gate inconsistency from the officials! Ist goal, my opinion was goal kick, not corner, but then my eyesight not allways the best, though quest picture looked like it were a goal kick!

That email we sent to all clubs in the summer saying we wouldnt stop play or kick the ball out for an injury, turns out to have been pointless, as the opposition player only has to hold his head and the ref has to stop the game. Thats what happened a few times today. Massengo was trying to play on when the physio came on. Maybe a suspected head injury should carry a 2 minute stay on the touchline just to "be safe"

All this holding heads to stop play is really starting to wind me up. It's such awful tactics to gain an advantage. I am beginnning to think maybe it should be carry on unless the player literally looks out cold. I know, it's ridiculous but what else can be done about it. It happens all the time, and only ever to the winning team.

2 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

I really can’t see why the physios can’t come on while it’s in play like they do in rugby

This, surely it's better for the players if there is an injury too. As long as they don't interfere with play, probably needs a harsher and immediate punishment if they do.

That said what's the deal with LJ getting aggy with the press asking about it after the game? Nothing unfair was asked. Maybe he's feeling the pressure?

Every time we looked like we had some momentum Blackburn would take it all away by feigning a injury or by wasting time. The ref was very weak at dealing with this and he allowed treatment to take place on the field where the player should have gone off to the sidelines. Unless it's a head injury, play on!

Added 3 minutes on when it should have been at least 5. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Every time we looked like we had some momentum Blackburn would take it all away by feigning a injury or by wasting time. The ref was very weak at dealing with this and he allowed treatment to take place on the field where the player should have gone off to the sidelines. Unless it's a head injury, play on!

Added 3 minutes on when it should have been at least 5. 

This.

Its happening far too often in football nowadays, the thing is it’s blatantly obvious to most people (apart from Refs it seems) when someone is down trying to con the Ref and hold up play, yet you’ll find if the cheating bastards team have possession they won’t put the ball out so he can ‘receive treatment’ then when they lose possession their players will give the Ref absolute pelters to stop the game and how the opposition won’t put the ball out of play. Boils my piss.

Something needs to be done, as pointed out above let a physio on whilst the game is in play or better still make them stay on the touchline for however long.

At the risk of being controversial, as farcical and typical of their gamesmanship as it was for them to play on while on the attack and then want to stop the game when it breaks down, I thought the ref was having a very good game and had set his stall out to let things go and play lots of advantage and the real issue was that when play broke down Massengo doesn't break quickly but slows it down on touchline waiting for the obligatory decision/whistle for the physio and gives the situation a chance to happen.

Might be wrong on this one, but it may just be that our own star player had forgotten or was not aware of our directive to the league. Several players had a word with Massengo right after so it certainly seemed to me like we recognised that we had made a mess of the situation ourselves. 

12 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

That email we sent to all clubs in the summer saying we wouldnt stop play or kick the ball out for an injury, turns out to have been pointless, as the opposition player only has to hold his head and the ref has to stop the game. Thats what happened a few times today. Massengo was trying to play on when the physio came on. Maybe a suspected head injury should carry a 2 minute stay on the touchline just to "be safe"

Maybe 5 minutes off the pitch if they need assistance would persuade some of them to stop falling down and rolling around quite so much.

Archived