Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Maesknoll Red

Hotel near Ally Pally?

Recommended Posts

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap and cheerful hotel in walking distance of Ally Pally, there’s a gig there in Feb that I want to go to and have never been there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap and cheerful hotel in walking distance of Ally Pally, there’s a gig there in Feb that I want to go to and have never been there before.

I've stayed at the Rose View in Muswell Hill before. Not sure about cheap but it's in a great position a few minutes walk through the glorious gardens to the Ally Pally. Fabulous place to go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 18:44, City Rocker said:

I've stayed at the Rose View in Muswell Hill before. Not sure about cheap but it's in a great position a few minutes walk through the glorious gardens to the Ally Pally. Fabulous place to go. 

I've been in the Rose View for a drink a couple of times and it seems nice but never stayed there.

Bit late to the party but my parents used to stay at the Aber Hotel in Crouch End and that seemed alright. Not sure on prices.

To be honest, Ally Pally is in a posh bit of London. If you want something cheaper, you might be better off looking around Finsbury Park, which is a short bus ride away. I'd read reviews carefully though as there are some that are great and some that are dodgy as...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've been in the Rose View for a drink a couple of times and it seems nice but never stayed there.

Bit late to the party but my parents used to stay at the Aber Hotel in Crouch End and that seemed alright. Not sure on prices.

To be honest, Ally Pally is in a posh bit of London. If you want something cheaper, you might be better off looking around Finsbury Park, which is a short bus ride away. I'd read reviews carefully though as there are some that are great and some that are dodgy as...

Ta, I only really know the West of London, it doesn’t look like there is a tube near Ally Pally ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ta, I only really know the West of London, it doesn’t look like there is a tube near Ally Pally ?

There is not but I used to live 5 minutes away and the transport isn’t as bad as the lack of tubes makes it sound. Finsbury Park (Victoria Line), Wood Green (Piccadilly Line) and East Finchley (Northern Line) are all short bus rides away. Also some - not sure about all - gigs have shuttle buses running from Wood Green.

Ally Pally also has a train station with regular trains running from Kings Cross and Old Street out into Hertfordshire with several London stops. Muswell Hill is great for convenience and a lovely area but there may be better bargains to be had by looking at some of the more northern stops of the train line or Piccadilly Line. Some of the areas are admittedly less salubrious though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...