IGNORED

Surely a question for LJ?

jtc1

WHY when chasing a game do you make 2 subs and bring them both on at full back, unless Perreira was injured what a waste of a sub we was not getting out played in his position or anything, then to make matters worse we bring on COD at LB !!! Last couple of seasons he moans about having to “flog the players” and they were drained eg. Villa away few years back, we have Smith available and he plays same 2 fragile CM’s yet again ! Logical subs for me was Smith and COD for Nagy and Massengo at HT and put Brownhill in CM with Smith and play 2 proper wingers.

Weimann also is loved by Johnson and is a willing runner etc but what is his position for us? Always seems like he has a free role, Fam is constantly alone up top.  

strange subs and original selection AGAIN.

not wanting him gone or anything just see some contradicting factors constantly.

12 hours ago, Super said:

He clearly has no faith in Semenyo that is obvious.

Because the lad has not come through an academy system since a young age I think he has a lot to learn.

I have seen nothing so far, albeit that is very little, to suggest , as yet, he has a big future.

Very happy to be proved wrong.

7 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Because the lad has not come through an academy system since a young age I think he has a lot to learn.

I have seen nothing so far, albeit that is very little, to suggest , as yet, he has a big future.

Very happy to be proved wrong.

7 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Semenyo has burnt his opportunity with a few utterly shameful performances.  I don't know why he's on the bench, he needs a load and an attitude transplant. 

The kid is only 19 years old ffs. If you had seen some of his performances such as Preston away last year you would have seen that there is a player in there, just needs the right coaching for it to come out. LJ has publicly said that Semenyo has no attitude problem and can't see why people think that, not every player has the work-rate of Weimann.

Massengo has a lower average rating than Marley Watkins this season, has 0 goals or assists, hasn't offered much defensively, was scared of the ball yesterday and wasn't even attempting to go for headers or make tackles. Does this mean he has no future, should have his attitude questioned and should be dropped from the match day squads?

No, they are both young and learning, keep them on the bench and keep them in an environment where they are going to learn. 

7 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Semenyo has burnt his opportunity with a few utterly shameful performances.  I don't know why he's on the bench, he needs a load and an attitude transplant. 

What a load of bollocks mate. 

“Shameful” performances??? Give your head a wobble. He would probably want a loan but he is on the bench because he is the only academy developed player capable enough to make the bench....not his choice, no attitude

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Based on what? He’s looked miles off the pace at this level from what I’ve seen of him so far. Needs a full season out on loan at a reasonable level. 

If hes off the pace then why? Gary probert has said himself that city don't get the best out of him or get him in the box also said he's got a fantastic eye for goal..He can play anywhere along a front three left or right Chelsea wouldn't want him if he didn't have the talent.. Yes now he probably would be best off going out on loan but it needs to be championship or league 1 for sure.

Chelsea and Everton tried to sign Semenyo, United apparently were interested. Leicester's Danny Simpson subbed because he simply could not handle Semenyo when Newport knocked them out the cup.

Came on against Preston last season and changed the game, players bouncing off of him, hit a shot harder with his left foot than I imagine our other forwards can with their stronger foot that blasted against the bar from distance.

He is quick, strong, powerful shot with either foot and has a trick on him.

But because he isn't instantly brilliant every game at championship level at 19, I guess it must mean he's shit and will forever be shit.

Sell him. In fact sell every single crap young player that isn't a top championship player yet. They must be crap, they aren't good enough for us at 19, and 19 year olds clearly never improve.

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

The kid is only 19 years old ffs. If you had seen some of his performances such as Preston away last year you would have seen that there is a player in there, just needs the right coaching for it to come out. LJ has publicly said that Semenyo has no attitude problem and can't see why people think that, not every player has the work-rate of Weimann.

Massengo has a lower average rating than Marley Watkins this season, has 0 goals or assists, hasn't offered much defensively, was scared of the ball yesterday and wasn't even attempting to go for headers or make tackles. Does this mean he has no future, should have his attitude questioned and should be dropped from the match day squads?

No, they are both young and learning, keep them on the bench and keep them in an environment where they are going to learn. 

Like, I said happy to be proved wrong - let’s see what happens.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Based on what? He’s looked miles off the pace at this level from what I’ve seen of him so far. Needs a full season out on loan at a reasonable level. 

Could not agree more. He was brought back from Newport for whatever reason, his development would have been better served if he had stayed there until the end of the season.

He is young and very raw, there may be something there, there might not, but he needs to play and is not ready for this level.

It’s been reported that Semenyo is really good in training, but like so many others he can’t break through, at the moment he must know he is only in the squad because of the rules - great way to build the confidence of a youngster and waste talent.  Some on here don’t like being reminded of the talent we have had that fell by the wayside under LJ or spent their time on loan when they should be getting experience with the club! and I’m not going to do that - the BBC do it better! Saturday they focussed on Peterborough and their three Record prolific scorers - someone should tie LJ to a chair and make him watch it! Yes there is a gap, but the goal is the same size whatever level of the EFL you play in - A coach not fit for purpose!

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Chelsea and Everton tried to sign Semenyo, United apparently were interested. Leicester's Danny Simpson subbed because he simply could not handle Semenyo when Newport knocked them out the cup.

Came on against Preston last season and changed the game, players bouncing off of him, hit a shot harder with his left foot than I imagine our other forwards can with their stronger foot that blasted against the bar from distance.

He is quick, strong, powerful shot with either foot and has a trick on him.

But because he isn't instantly brilliant every game at championship level at 19, I guess it must mean he's shit and will forever be shit.

Sell him. In fact sell every single crap young player that isn't a top championship player yet. They must be crap, they aren't good enough for us at 19, and 19 year olds clearly never improve.

Don’t think people are saying that at all

12 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He was fantastic at Newport. He needs the right coach to guide him. 

Maybe LJ doesn't know how and someone else could do it. 

Bet he wishes that rumoured Chelsea deal had materialised. I'd hazard a guess things might have turned out well on loan at another Championship club in the process. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

He was fantastic at Newport. He needs the right coach to guide him. 

Maybe LJ doesn't know how and someone else could do it. 

Bet he wishes that rumoured Chelsea deal had materialised. I'd hazard a guess things might have turned out well on loan at another Championship club in the process. 

I see comments like that and don’t understand them. 

Doesn’t know how to do what? Not being funny but if he could get Bobby Reid challenging for the golden boot I’m sure he’s capable of guiding Semenyo.

We’ve fairly consistently had reasonably prolific goal scorers at the club under Johnson - Kodjia, Abraham, Reid, Fam to a degree - even when the team has struggled. I’m not sure we have any inherent striker coaching problems...

You can’t seriously tell me you think he’d be contending for a place at Chelsea when he can’t get in our team? 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I see comments like that and don’t understand them. 

Doesn’t know how to do what? Not being funny but if he could get Bobby Reid challenging for the golden boot I’m sure he’s capable of guiding Semenyo.

We’ve fairly consistently had reasonably prolific goal scorers at the club under Johnson - Kodjia, Abraham, Reid, Fam to a degree - even when the team has struggled. I’m not sure we have any inherent striker coaching problems...

You can’t seriously tell me you think he’d be contending for a place at Chelsea when he can’t get in our team? 

That's not what I said. Read my post again and you'll see I was suggesting he might have had more success at another Championship club (if Chelsea loaned him out).

Archived