IGNORED

THE'RE COMING FOR US.

pillred

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Given their league position and current form it's not as laughable a claim as it once was is it, hate to say it but unless we buck up our ideas we could well be playing them next season. (in the Championship).

Right....and?

If they get promoted then fair play to them, I’d rather that than have us relegated and join them in L1.

Its only the Gas FFS ?

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Everything that is wrong with our fanbase summed up in one OP.

More worried about Rovers catching us up than the fact that we are capitulating in another attempt to get to the top flight.

Sad and embarrassing.

The day I have the slightest worry about anything regarding those to$$ers is the day I give up with football.

Thankfully that day will never exist.

If they ever gain promotion to the Championship, which is possible, they would be torn to shreds in this league and be relegated in one swift plummet.

Whilst in reality we are just 1 league apart, the distance between us is like comparing the Sun to Pluto.

Pillred, I suggest you come out from under the bed, no need to worry!

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

If they ever gain promotion to the Championship, which is possible, they would be torn to shreds in this league and be relegated in one swift plummet.

Whilst in reality we are just 1 league apart, the distance between us is like comparing the Sun to Pluto.

Absolutely!

They don't have the Money.

They don't have the Ground.

They don't have the Fanbase.

If somehow they manage to fluke it this season, and my god L1 must be complete horseshite if that pub team are up there, it would be so so funny watching them get hammered every week.:laugh:

I think the lowest points tally is something like 23, Blackpool. I think they'd be lucky to get 12 points all season.

10 hours ago, martnewts said:

You don’t think their manager leaving will have any effect on them then?

That bit of news only came out after the game but no, with Ian Holloway looking like he might be their next manager.

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

Everything that is wrong with our fanbase summed up in one OP.

More worried about Rovers catching us up than the fact that we are capitulating in another attempt to get to the top flight.

Sad and embarrassing.

Cheeky B*****rd who said I was worried? but them being in the same League as us is not as far fetched as it was.

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

How can you compare a Newspaper to a Dog ?

16 hours ago, pillred said:

Given their league position and current form it's not as laughable a claim as it once was is it, hate to say it but unless we buck up our ideas we could well be playing them next season. (in the Championship).

So if we don’t buck our ideas up rovers will get promoted ? What a rather odd statement 

16 hours ago, pillred said:

Let’s face it we will be in the same league as the Gas next year as they are playing very well and most probably get into the championship next season. This will be good for Bristol football but a bit embarrassing for City. 

Rovers are continuing to do well and we are continually slipping.

27 minutes ago, City oz said:

Let’s face it we will be in the same league as the Gas next year as they are playing very well and most probably get into the championship next season. This will be good for Bristol football but a bit embarrassing for City. 

You still suffering from Jet Lag  ?

55 minutes ago, City oz said:

Let's see how they get on in the January window, if they have got anybody any good they wont be able to hold on to them if other clubs are after any of their players and I don't see them being able to strengthen.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

I'm not sure how we're continually slipping? Our year-on-year league finishes get better with each season, crowds are growing and so is our reputation around the country as a progressive club. The number of people in the footballing world who see us as a premiership club in the waiting grows each year. Rovers, meanwhile, aren't talked about outside of their own postcode. We are light years ahead of them in every conceivable way and even ending up in the same league as them wouldn't  change that. 

Personally would relish a league derby against them, but if it doesn't happen I shan't be upset. 

I won’t get an answer to this but why would Rovers getting promotion to the Championship be embarrassing for City?

If a club like Burton can make it to the 2nd tier then a similar sized club like Rovers could as well. 

As for continually slipping, we’ve improved our League position in each of the last 5 seasons.

**** me

Wibble.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I won’t get an answer to this but why would Rovers getting promotion to the Championship be embarrassing for City?

If a club like Burton can make it to the 2nd tier then a similar sized club like Rovers could as well. 

As for continually slipping, we’ve improved our League position in each of the last 5 seasons.

**** me

Perhaps not slipping but lucky in the position we are on past performances 

They will do well to finish in the top half imo. Manager looks like he's gone (and if he isn't he has probably upset the board anyway, and that relationship has gone sour), main striker will be gone in January, I would bet good money they will not spend anything in January even if they get good money for Harris. If a new manager comes in he will not be given anything either unless they ship players out. They haven't got a pot to pee in, but if the unthinkable did happen and they managed to go up it they would go straight back down - and would get them in even more debt. Imagine Wally realising the players have watertight contracts and they all get huge pay rises for promotion.....

Archived