IGNORED

THE'RE COMING FOR US.

pillred

35 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why would Rovers getting promoted to the Championship be embarrassing for Bristol City?

Wouldn’t you be embarrassed as city have always been the number 1 club in Bristol for many years and the gas over the other side of bristol not even in the football league not so many years ago. If that’s not a good enough answer I do not know what is 

34 minutes ago, City oz said:

Wouldn’t you be embarrassed as city have always been the number 1 club in Bristol for many years and the gas over the other side of bristol not even in the football league not so many years ago. If that’s not a good enough answer I do not know what is 

Sorry mate, no it isn’t a good answer.

1) Even if the Gas were to get promoted we’d still be the ‘number 1’ club in Bristol.

2) Anyone can get promoted. Getting prompted is one thing, sustaining Championship football is another thing and I don’t believe for one second that their owners want to spend the money needed to make them competitive. 

3) In 2013 Yeovil leapfrogged is into the Championship whilst we were relegated back to L1, arguably a far more ‘embarrassing’ situation. Somehow I managed to survive that shame.

4) Burton and Luton have been Non League in the last 10 years and we’ve played them on an even footing in the Championship in recent years.

I get very quickly bored of Sagheads telling me that we should feel embarrassed because we’re only 10/15/20 League places above them etc as if they’re proud to be SHIT. If they get promoted it is not embarrassing for us, no more so than any other L1 team getting promoted.

6 hours ago, City oz said:

Let’s face it we will be in the same league as the Gas next year as they are playing very well and most probably get into the championship next season. This will be good for Bristol football but a bit embarrassing for City. 

Rovers are continuing to do well and we are continually slipping.

At least you get what I was trying to say.

17 minutes ago, Posset red said:

So your saying we should get promoted and we have a team worthy of that ..... dream on Sunshine 

Not sure how much more simply I can put it but for you I will make an exception, first of all where did I say we should get promoted? I said IF we don't go up we could well be playing them next season that is all. The clue was IF we don't buck our ideas up, in other words improve on what we currently are. meaning at the moment I don't think we are good enough is that clear enough for you?

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

Not sure how much more simply I can put it but for you I will make an exception, first of all where did I say we should get promoted? I said IF we don't go up we could well be playing them next season that is all. The clue was IF we don't buck our ideas up, in other words improve on what we currently are. meaning at the moment I don't think we are good enough is that clear enough for you?

So you’d be so annoyed if we don’t buck our ideas up and get promoted. Why don’t we just get promoted and then win the prem ..... wake up 

Just now, Posset red said:

How’s the Christmas school holidays going ? You having a good time ? 

Well considering I retired over 3 years ago and the schools don't break up until the end of the week I wouldn't know. But yes retirement is great thanks.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

Well considering I retired over 3 years ago and the schools don't break up until the end of the week I wouldn't know. But yes retirement is great thanks.

Strange because you have the mind set of a kid ohhhh it’s going to be all Bristol city’s fault if we don’t buck our ideals and rovers get promoted. God forbid the thought of having to play them ?

5 hours ago, wood_red said:

They will do well to finish in the top half imo. Manager looks like he's gone (and if he isn't he has probably upset the board anyway, and that relationship has gone sour), main striker will be gone in January, I would bet good money they will not spend anything in January even if they get good money for Harris. If a new manager comes in he will not be given anything either unless they ship players out. They haven't got a pot to pee in, but if the unthinkable did happen and they managed to go up it they would go straight back down - and would get them in even more debt. Imagine Wally realising the players have watertight contracts and they all get huge pay rises for promotion.....

I was wondering if maybe their owners realise going up could cost them more money that they've had a little word with the cockman about maybe doing not so well in future! Could be why he's so upset but surely even the gas wouldn't do something like that would they?!

5 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Strange because you have the mind set of a kid ohhhh it’s going to be all Bristol city’s fault if we don’t buck our ideals and rovers get promoted. God forbid the thought of having to play them ?

What on earth have you been drinking tonight you don't half come out with some crap, read my post again, for some strange reason you have got completely the wrong end of the stick.

On 16/12/2019 at 01:50, Born and Red in 82 said:

You still suffering from Jet Lag  ?

Yep now on the return leg back to OZ. Just like to say even though trip back was for a family emergency the positives was me being able to be at the gate against Blackburn, thatchers, family, city supporters, hospitality was great where ever I went, bought a new city scarf (not sure why though as its bloody 35 degrees in perth) marmite, beef hoopla hoops, And the Bristol town in general 

Archived