IGNORED

What changes would you make for Sunday?

Charlie BCFC

Personally would like to stick to the system for one more game as it worked away against Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday would be a similar test where the system will be effective on the counter. Would make a couple of personnel changes. First one that will happen is Hunt back in for Pereira as I felt we were a better team with him on. Would also look at bringing Smith back in as Massengo has played a few in a row and I think he needs a break, Smith would bring leadership to the midfield. Other than that would make no more changes unless they are forced

Sheffield Wednesday are actually quite a counterattacking side- not so sure it's similar to Fulham in certain respects.

In terms of form it might be.

Hunt and Smith in make sense. In terms of the higher line, I think we perhaps need to speed up this process, this transition- Moore and Kalas are our best CB pairing for that IMO- are both fit now or? One to consider anyway!

Also not so sure on Diedhiou- shame that Palmer and O'Dowda's form in recent times not so good as I think one of them could've played quitre effectively behind Weimann in a 4-4-1-1. Still unsure on Diedhiou, stylistically, if we want a more fluid shape etc.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Change 32311 formation and bring Smith in for Massengo:

Bentley

Kalas Williams Baker

Smith Nagy

Hunt    Brownhill     Rowe

Weimann

Diedhiou

I thought Weimann was suspended after collecting his 5th yellow?

If you are going to play 3 CBs, rather see Moore than Baker.  

This is where LJ earns his corn, I would be surprised (again) if we didn't revert back to 3 CB's. Surely  time for Korey to come in. 
I think it was harsh dropping Baker and wouldn't be surprised to see him back, must admit I like the balance he brings to the team. Maybe rest Eliasson, could be used as an impact sub, I'd stick with Nagy and with Fam and Weimann being undroppable that only leaves who comes in for NE. Might not be popular, and he hasn't covered himself in glory lately, but I'd be tempted to stick COD in. He does carry the ball well, and was looking better until the change in formation. 
I would seriously look at resting Weimann, he's looked off it recently. It would also allow us a chance to use COD and Eliasson together, but that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
So ....

Bentley

Kalas  .. Williams ..Baker
Hunt                            Nagy                        Rowe
             Brownhill                        Smith 

Weimann                                                   COD
                                    Fam

7 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Personally would like to stick to the system for one more game as it worked away against Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday would be a similar test where the system will be effective on the counter. Would make a couple of personnel changes. First one that will happen is Hunt back in for Pereira as I felt we were a better team with him on. Would also look at bringing Smith back in as Massengo has played a few in a row and I think he needs a break, Smith would bring leadership to the midfield. Other than that would make no more changes unless they are forced

Madness!!! stick with same side and we get rinsed. Have you not watched the last few games? SW just thumped Forest and they are very very physical. 
COD and Eliasson out wide. Drop Nagy and Massengo. In comes Smith to join Brownhill in the mid. 

I get the impression that Smith will probably come in for Massengo and not too much else will change. HNM looked to just be trying to play comfortably and doesn't really have the physicality to compete when we play against combative midfield two. 

This is what I would go for:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Williams Rowe

Nagy Brownhill Smith 

Weimann Diedhiou Eliasson

58 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is where LJ earns his corn, I would be surprised (again) if we didn't revert back to 3 CB's. Surely  time for Korey to come in. 
I think it was harsh dropping Baker and wouldn't be surprised to see him back, must admit I like the balance he brings to the team. Maybe rest Eliasson, could be used as an impact sub, I'd stick with Nagy and with Fam and Weimann being undroppable that only leaves who comes in for NE. Might not be popular, and he hasn't covered himself in glory lately, but I'd be tempted to stick COD in. He does carry the ball well, and was looking better until the change in formation. 
I would seriously look at resting Weimann, he's looked off it recently. It would also allow us a chance to use COD and Eliasson together, but that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
So ....

Bentley

Kalas  .. Williams ..Baker
Hunt                            Nagy                        Rowe
             Brownhill                        Smith 

Weimann                                                   COD
                                    Fam

I like it...12 players should give us a good advantage, lets hope they don't notice! 

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

recall Morrell and play him instead of Nagy

For me it is a no brainer to recall him in January been saying it for a few weeks now. We aren’t that deep in CM considering Nagy and Massengo aren’t used to the league and amount of games and pace. Korey injury prone and probably not the player he was a few years ago. Brownhill utilised in other positions at times. 

As for Sunday I am a bit conflicted on what to do. Leaning towards 532. Everyone should be quite rested and up for this one so no selection issues. 

Bentley

Kalas.        Williams.      Baker

Hunt                                                        Rowe

Smith Nagy Brownhill

Weimann Fam

Should make us stronger on set pieces. Have Baker over Moore as think Baker suits us away and with Fletcher and Rhodes going to go with experience. Nagy over Massengo because I think with a 5 the midfield should be a bit more creative and I have the second goal against Fulham in mind but Nagy can contribute a bit more around the opposition box. Also HNM might need a game off to freshen up. Long month and think he needs protecting still as good as he is. Weimann and Fam because those are our biggest goal threats. Hunt/Periera a toss up for me. Thought PP was a good attacking threat in our good 20 min stretch against Blackburn. 

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Change 32311 formation and bring Smith in for Massengo:

Bentley

Kalas Williams Baker

Smith Nagy

Hunt    Brownhill     Rowe

Weimann

Diedhiou

Quite like that...solid look about it.

Maybe Moore in for Williams though - bit more mobility.

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

What Elliason gives you going forard you lose in defence, particularly if we dont convert chances.

Who the **** knows what LJ is going to do on Sunday, he has no clue himself yet!

I never really buy this, every time I see Eliasson play he works hard and makes challenges. 

He certainly gets more stuck in then our centre mids.

Archived