IGNORED

Players to move on

OneTeamInBristol

I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion and I'm ready for the onslaught but I would move the following players on in Jan or the summer (assuming we stay in the Champ):

Palmer - too inconsistent and doesn't seem to fit any of our current play styles. Luxury player, but do we need that?

O'Dowda - goes missing for months on end, will get the most for him now due to new contract.

Baker - solid enough CB but makes too many rash mistakes. Future of the defence should be built around Kalas and Moore.

Walsh - doing well on loan but can't see him making a place in the starting XI with Brownhill, Massengo, Nagy, Smith, Morrell, Bakinson in the same position.

Watkins - useful player but not used enough, surely use wages better elsewhere.

Adelakun - is he even real? Never physically seen him in person.

None of them are bad players just feel like we could get some better/more useful replacements for the money we would get for some of these.

17 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion and I'm ready for the onslaught but I would move the following players on in Jan or the summer (assuming we stay in the Champ):

Palmer - too inconsistent and doesn't seem to fit any of our current play styles. Luxury player, but do we need that?

O'Dowda - goes missing for months on end, will get the most for him now due to new contract.

Baker - solid enough CB but makes too many rash mistakes. Future of the defence should be built around Kalas and Moore.

Walsh - doing well on loan but can't see him making a place in the starting XI with Brownhill, Massengo, Nagy, Smith, Morrell, Bakinson in the same position.

None of them are bad players just feel like we could get some better/more useful replacements for the money we would get for some of these.

I think the same, but i think Baker should stay.

Palmer?

Let’s get rid of the one player that can break down a defense. We can just play Szmodics right? He will run around a lot so that will make it ok. 

I’d rather ship out Weimann than Palmer. Get an actual striker in who makes striker runs and finds space in the box. 

Agree about most the others except Baker. Expensive but think you need 3 champ CBs and not sure Williams is here next season. Add Vyner to it and that should be plenty of cb cover

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Anyone know why Palmer wasn't on the bench Saturday? That was a game that was crying out for a player like him to come on.

My interpretation of what has been said is that Szmodics has been killing it in training, and Palmer presumably hasn't been. Which really is how competition for places should work.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Anyone know why Palmer wasn't on the bench Saturday? That was a game that was crying out for a player like him to come on.

Johnson wasn’t happy with his performance on Tuesday night so dropped him (evening post interview)

i agree that the game was crying for him should have been on the bench  

Just now, mozo said:

My interpretation of what has been said is that Szmodics has been killing it in training, and Palmer presumably hasn't been. Which really is how competition for places should work.

True enough, which would maybe explain why Szmodics was on the bench instead of Palmer, but I would still think Palmer would have made the greater difference Saturday. He would have struggled to make less.

16 minutes ago, Laner said:

I'd suggest Semenyo could do with a further loan spell at a lower league club. Get some games, goals and confidence.

Means we can only use 6 subs, unless you have another academy product to step up to the bench in mind?

However yes, it could do him some good IMO- but the above point also needs factoring in too.

Question is, will we have many takers for most of these fringe players?

Unsure I'd move on Walsh just yet btw- he can fit into and compete if we finally move towards what I've felt we ultimately need, a bonafide 4-3-3 or similar- young enough to grow further, and goal and assist at QPR. His defensive side can let him down but that can be worked on, plus a three gives a bit more security/margin for error. Certainly no need to ship out Palmer!

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Patterson.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Means we can only use 6 subs, unless you have another academy product to step up to the bench in mind?

However yes, it could do him some good IMO- but the above point also needs factoring in too.

I'd not thought of that re: subs. However, I don't think he's good enough yet for the Championship, so won't be missing much with him not being on the bench.

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Johnson wasn’t happy with his performance on Tuesday night so dropped him (evening post interview)

i agree that the game was crying for him should have been on the bench  

Does this mean Johnson will drop himself for the next game and put Macca in the dugout on his own? 

Seems fair. 

Love all these threads that start with something like move players on as if we can just give them 4 hours notice. 

For any player to move there must be a willing buyer or there contract has ran out. 

If anyone was to move in January it would be the players that are attracting attention, Brownhill and to a lesser extent Elliason. There are plenty f rumours vis-a-vis Brownhill all I can see for Jan is incoming

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So was Millwall.....and that went well didn't it! 

17 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Exactly. 

0-2 down chasing a game is not a good time to bring on someone like Kasey Palmer.

0-0 struggling to break down a defence is. 

1-0 down v Charlton he came on- made a difference.

Brilliant pass for that Brownhill winner. Maybe had he been brought on at 1 down Saturday...

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Palmer?

Let’s get rid of the one player that can break down a defense. We can just play Szmodics right? He will run around a lot so that will make it ok. 

I’d rather ship out Weimann than Palmer. Get an actual striker in who makes striker runs and finds space in the box. 

Agree about most the others except Baker. Expensive but think you need 3 champ CBs and not sure Williams is here next season. Add Vyner to it and that should be plenty of cb cover

I thought i was the only one who didn’t think weimann was all that.

Archived