IGNORED

Players to move on

OneTeamInBristol

21 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Walsh is statistically the highest rated player at Cov who are currently in the playoffs, we should definitely be looking to renew his contract or trigger an extension if we have one. 

We could really regret it in a few years otherwise. 

I’ve not found anything that states we have a year option.  But as long as we offer improved terms (assuming we do), we would be due compensation in the summer.

Personally I think he might move on in January, could be to a Champ club (with an extension here), but I’m totally guessing.

3 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Patterson.

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Yes, would add him to the list.
Forgot about him as he's out on loan.

Pato can't go anywhere because he isn't allowed by the rules to play for 3 clubs in a season. He'll be back to stay, at least until the summer.

Just now, petehinton said:

oh i was already thinking ahead toward summer, hence Wright/Adelukan. January window just loan out a few to cover wages if that helps get a striker in. 

Ah thought you were talking about January.

Yeah, there are definitely some squad players we can shift in January- we'd get a profit on Wright that way for sure. Taylor too if Oxford look to buy.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah thought you were talking about January.

Yeah, there are definitely some squad players we can shift in January- we'd get a profit on Wright that way for sure. Taylor too if Oxford look to buy.

I'm led to believe Taylor to Oxford will be made permanent pretty early on in Jan

4 hours ago, GTFABM said:

I thought i was the only one who didn’t think weimann was all that.

I like him. Honest pro and can play a lot of positions but he isn’t the striker going to get us promoted. Part of it he doesn’t work as well with Fam but think that is Palmer’s problems as well yet Palmer gets the stick for it. Weimann is just another runner for me in a team full of them. Palmer one of very few with top level creativity, technique and skill. Think we need more of that not less

Adelukan

Watkins

Diedhiou (only to help fund a replacement though)

Paterson

Rodri 

Loans for Semenyo, Bakinson and Szmodics (although this would mean we need to bring in two new strikers )

The academy player on the bench would be Janneh unless we bring back Max which I personally dont think would be in the best interests of his development.

A lot of it depends on what teams offer. I'd sell any player for the right price.

It would have to be crazy money to get our best young players like Bentley, Brownhill, Eliasson etc. 

But by next summer even the likes of Weimann and Hunt, both approaching 30 and with a year left on their deals in the summer. If a team comes in with pretty decent offers like Cardiff did with Pack, then i'd happily sell. Also obviously depending on who we look to bring in to replace them.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Wright, Paterson, Adelukan, O'Dowda all need to be released/shifted on imo

COD not so sure, LJ can’t seem to get the best out of him, saturday he was in full back position for some of the time!?

2 Ireland managers have had him playing through the middle! Who’s wrong? We could really do with a player taking the ball forward!

Palmer is a liability, constantly trying clever footwork and failing and then getting arsie and getting himself booked, played well with afobe but offered nothing since

Paterson - not going there, Adelekun not a clue as he is another young one that LJ don’t show us!

current midfield??? We need a midfield coach!!!! and I don’t mean our current ex midfielder

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Getting rid of Diedhiou is nonsense. 

So you wouldn't sell him and replace with a better striker that suits our strengths?

You would just keep him regardless?

Seems a bit blinkered to me fella.

I'd personally want Afobe back if deemed fit and healthy in the summer a loan of the ilk of Nketiah in January, and money from the sale of Famara spent on another Striker that fits.

Yes...three quality strikers.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

So you wouldn't sell him and replace with a better striker that suits our strengths?

I'd personally want Afobe back if deemed fit and healthy in the summer a loan of the ilk of Nketiah in January, and money from the sale of Famara spent on another Striker that fits.

It'd be Weimann, Afobe and A.N.Other?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Think Fam was v.good v Huddersfield and Fulham....but if I could use / had to use him to trade I would.

19 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion and I'm ready for the onslaught but I would move the following players on in Jan or the summer (assuming we stay in the Champ):

Palmer - too inconsistent and doesn't seem to fit any of our current play styles. Luxury player, but do we need that?

O'Dowda - goes missing for months on end, will get the most for him now due to new contract.

Baker - solid enough CB but makes too many rash mistakes. Future of the defence should be built around Kalas and Moore.

Walsh - doing well on loan but can't see him making a place in the starting XI with Brownhill, Massengo, Nagy, Smith, Morrell, Bakinson in the same position.

Watkins - useful player but not used enough, surely use wages better elsewhere.

Adelakun - is he even real? Never physically seen him in person.

None of them are bad players just feel like we could get some better/more useful replacements for the money we would get for some of these.

I think we should move on OneTeaminBristol for starting such pointless threads 

Archived