IGNORED

Players to move on

OneTeamInBristol

I’d be very surprised if LJ allowed Famara to move on - unless City received a profit making bid and that’s unlikely. Our head coach appreciates what Famara brings to both boxes. He’s another defender at set plays and a real handful in the opposition box.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wright move on. He seems to have slipped down the CB pecking order.

Someone reckoned thats Wieman should move on.....:facepalm:......AW is Johnson’s first name on the team sheet ffs.....he won’t be going anywhere.

On 16/12/2019 at 12:03, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm aware this will be an unpopular opinion and I'm ready for the onslaught but I would move the following players on in Jan or the summer (assuming we stay in the Champ):

Palmer - too inconsistent and doesn't seem to fit any of our current play styles. Luxury player, but do we need that?

O'Dowda - goes missing for months on end, will get the most for him now due to new contract.

Baker - solid enough CB but makes too many rash mistakes. Future of the defence should be built around Kalas and Moore.

Walsh - doing well on loan but can't see him making a place in the starting XI with Brownhill, Massengo, Nagy, Smith, Morrell, Bakinson in the same position.

Watkins - useful player but not used enough, surely use wages better elsewhere.

Adelakun - is he even real? Never physically seen him in person.

None of them are bad players just feel like we could get some better/more useful replacements for the money we would get for some of these.

No way should we get rid of Baker - he’s having a good season, he’s a top defender at this level and not sure I’m aware of too many ‘rash mistakes’ attributable to him ...

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’d be very surprised if LJ allowed Famara to move on - unless City received a profit making bid and that’s unlikely. Our head coach appreciates what Famara brings to both boxes. He’s another defender at set plays and a real handful in the opposition box.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wright move on. He seems to have slipped down the CB pecking order.

Someone reckoned thats Wieman should move on.....:facepalm:......AW is Johnson’s first name on the team sheet ffs.....he won’t be going anywhere.

‘Someone’

17 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Time to move Weimann on and replace with quality. Can also see Pato, Wright and Watkins going in the summer. 

I wouldn't move Weimann on unless we got in 2 better strikers than him permanently. We only have him and Fam at the moment. Who knows, maybe one of our youths will be ready by next season.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Can you really see Janneh or Semenyo in the Prem ? 

:whistle2:

Not sure how far they will go. Both got huge potential though. Janneh with his pace, work rate and natural goal poaching ability and Semenyo with his pace, strength and touch. 

I would like to think they both end up better than Weimann. Only 19 so long way to go for both of them.

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Exactly. Move him on and replace with quality. 

I think Weimann's contract is up in 2021.

The likes of him, Hunt and Baker we will need to make decisions on with contracts ending end of next season.

All approaching 30. Weimann 28, Hunt 29 and Baker 28. To keep improving we have to be ruthless with who we sell.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think Weimann's contract is up in 2021.

The likes of him, Hunt and Baker we will need to make decisions on with contracts ending end of next season.

All approaching 30. Weimann 28, Hunt 29 and Baker 28. To keep improving we have to be ruthless with who we sell.

I’m pretty certain we can get somebody else to run around and point for 90 minutes. Shocking that that’s enough to make AW undroppable. 

Could maybe see Hunt getting another deal with us although PP will be first choice next season I would imagine.

Baker is an odd one. Not a world beater by any means but playing some of his best football for us this season and seemingly happier and enjoying himself more so than previously. Maybe worth another deal?

4 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’m pretty certain we can get somebody else to run around and point for 90 minutes. Shocking that that’s enough to make AW undroppable. 

Could maybe see Hunt getting another deal with us although PP will be first choice next season I would imagine.

Baker is an odd one. Not a world beater by any means but playing some of his best football for us this season and seemingly happier and enjoying himself more so than previously. Maybe worth another deal?

I think Weimann offers more than that. But yeah I do get your point that his running around seems to make him get more credit than he sometimes deserves, he isn't great on the ball like people seem to think.

I guess if we find the perfect partner for him then he might get back to the player we saw briefly earlier in the season so may be worth giving a new deal next summer if that is the case.

I guess those will all have to prove they are worth a new deal from now till the end of the season. 

Hunt has done well, but for me Pereira is the better defender and will be better in almost every area of his game once he improves his decision making on the ball. Quicker, stronger, better in the air and technically very good on the ball too. He will be real quality in the future imo. 

I'd sell Hunt in the summer if Vyner improves enough to be trusted. Or even if Korey gets a new deal, LJ really likes him at right back. Possible decent options there as back up to Pereira next season.

Baker is the one I would definitely sell. Too many mistakes, even this season he has made too many, and it's been an improved season for him. And he can't bring the ball out.

With Moore still young and improving, Williams being our best defender this season and Kalas obviously better than Baker, I wouldn't want Baker earning a new deal and would sell next summer for sure. He is one of our higher earners.

38 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Pedro`s only on loan though (with an option to buy admittedly) so may not be here next season.

Archived