IGNORED

Antoine Semenyo

RoystonFoote'snephew

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well that’s obvious nonsense isn’t it? 

Hindsight is 20/20 and it’s easy to criticise from the armchair - less easy to make the right decision with so many moving variables

On paper AS was probably the closest of our home grown players to the first team, ability wise so was the prime candidate to be here and available to be used if we needed him. 

Who’s development would you have ‘halted’ so that AS could go out?

Yes I was being flippant

I would put a youth player on the bench who we haven’t loaned out. A under 18 player if needed. He wouldn’t be halted as hasn’t been loaned out anyway. Don’t need 7 subs so just waste one position to not halt Semenyo. 

28 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Agree. LJ loves filling out a squad. No need for it, let the academy players be the 5th choice CB or the 4th choice CM. Semenyo hasn’t been that great I’ll admit but to never use him and sign a bloke like Rodri over him is a bit wrong imo. 

I’d go one step further and say we shouldn’t have signed Williams. If sign him as back up. Play Moore. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’d go one step further and say we shouldn’t have signed Williams. If sign him as back up. Play Moore. 

I thought this at the time but I kind of give them a pass for signing Williams now.  At least he adds experience and has generally been a good addition.

Rodri was predictably a complete waste of time and all it's done is limit game time for the likes of Semenyo and Szmodics

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nonsense! 

Every manger at all levels will tell you that he needs options on the bench and if you have a youth team player sat there that is one option less.............:dunno:

Pretty sure clubs at Champions League level have done it.

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

I thought this at the time but I kind of give them a pass for signing Williams now.  At least he adds experience and has generally been a good addition.

Rodri was predictably a complete waste of time and all it's done is limit game time for the likes of Semenyo and Szmodics

I completely understand the majority view on Williams. I’m certainly in the minority in thinking Moore should start every game!

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s a list of the players I’ve considered as being in the “senior” squad.  You can probably remove Cundy from that. Totals 40.  Perhaps take out Hinds and Janneh, still 38.

D1209CAE-CFED-41D2-B21B-43A9F189420D.thumb.jpeg.22b95f0bb772198bd948cd9e6f62f3d7.jpeg

I genuinely forgot Adelukan was still here. What a waste of everyone's time

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I (quietly) agree. We could've played a back three of Baker Moore and Baldwin if we were desperate to play a three vs Boro. (The first game after Williams signed)

We instead played a 2 (When Williams was on the bench), so could've managed without Williams easily up until now. 

Perhaps we'd have been a few points worse off, tough for LJ if everyone expects top 6.

I still think that would be doable without signing Williams and beneficial for the future.

48 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Agree. LJ loves filling out a squad. No need for it, let the academy players be the 5th choice CB or the 4th choice CM. Semenyo hasn’t been that great I’ll admit but to never use him and sign a bloke like Rodri over him is a bit wrong imo. 

Rodri and Semenyo are completely different types of player . 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I genuinely forgot Adelukan was still here. What a waste of everyone's time

Went from playing around 30 games a season at Scunthorpe just one league below to just 5 appearances in total here.  Absolute waste and not the first one.

3 hours ago, Roe said:

I also don't get how we've somehow thrown all our eggs in one basket with Semenyo being the only "first team" home grown player we've got to choose from atm.  I understand the need to develop all the young players we have and get them minutes, but it seems odd that none of them are trusted to progress here.

This! Maybe just maybe our academy ain't all it's cracked up to be, all I see is most of our young tea s getting dicked on a regular occurrence with excuses rolled out they are playing a year up and apparantely semenya is the only one capable of filling a bench position

18 hours ago, Highguy said:

I think we should cashed in and sold him when Chelsea was sniffing around after his spell at newport we missed out

johnson recently said in an interview he lacks confidence and is shy when it comes to asking coaches for help or going over clips of footage, he wasn’t in any football academies so he needs extra coaching but if we loan him out he might not get the level of coaching he needs as the lower the leagues the lower the coaching quality so therefore would be better staying with us getting the suppose coaching he requires to improve and play for u23s and on bench for us as home grown player 

That is exactly what was reported as having been said. ......  That he has no academy background, so needs to be coached to a high level in the nuances of tactics and formations, and it would be better to keep him here for daily routines and drills to enable him to fit into team play.  So it would be an about turn to send him to a lower league side?  The kid has potential, but I am certain that it will be a while until he contributes week in/week out to our attack........I like him, and i am certain he will become a quality striker in time.

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

That is exactly what was reported as having been said. ......  That he has no academy background, so needs to be coached to a high level in the nuances of tactics and formations, and it would be better to keep him here for daily routines and drills to enable him to fit into team play.  So it would be an about turn to send him to a lower league side?  The kid has potential, but I am certain that it will be a while until he contributes week in/week out to our attack........I like him, and i am certain he will become a quality striker in time.

What have you seen to instill certainty??

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

its just an opinion.........i could be wrong.  But i have faith in the kid. ?

He does seem to “glide” on the pitch at times when I have seen him. He has an effortless look about him. I think he could be really good just not sure if he can as a striker. Doesn’t seem to have any striker instincts whatsoever. Maybe more of an attacking midfielder or wide forward in the future. A loan spell as a striker would tell us a lot more about him. 

12 hours ago, RedDave said:

I completely understand the majority view on Williams. I’m certainly in the minority in thinking Moore should start every game!

Dave there are quite a lot of us in your camp. We'll see what happens the next time he starts with a three. Any game time Taylor Moore gets with Williams is probably worth a x3 in experience points.

12 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I believe he should have had more sub appearances than he has had so far. I also think Rodri was a ridiculous signing.

He has made 8 appearances in the championship this season, thats over a third of our games. HE hasn't shown alot and he even got a few starts. I think he needs minutes and will be a great player but it would be hard to give him more than he is already getting. 

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

He has made 8 appearances in the championship this season, thats over a third of our games. HE hasn't shown alot and he even got a few starts. I think he needs minutes and will be a great player but it would be hard to give him more than he is already getting. 

When did he last play though? Barnsley away? 

Rather than being thrown in at the deep end, it would've made more sense to gradually bring him into the team via sub appearances but that wasn't done and now they clearly don't trust him.

The last 2 games we've badly needed something else up front and while he'd presumably be 3rd choice striker atm he's been nowhere to be seen. 

Archived