IGNORED

Our club shop is a disgrace (Merged)

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, Olé said:

While we're all piling in, the thing I find most bizarre is since the temperatures have dropped the official site has churned out video after video and photo after photo of City staff and players wearing a black beanie with the new Robin crest on it. They even went to an assault course and filmed a day of activity that may as well have been a modelling photo shoot for said hat.

Do they sell the hat? Have a wild guess.

I don't get it at all, you could produce those hats in the UK in under two weeks if you sacrifice a bit of margin. Maybe City are too reliant on pallet orders from China with massive lead time. I'm selling winter hats almost daily for the past month and ordered new stock to replace depleted lines at the end of November which will be in this week. I can do that in my spare time.

I don't know who is doing this as a REAL job at City but it's hopeless. My guess is the club have been burned in prior years with larger commitments and unsold stock but they have gone to the other extreme where they want zero risk on stock, they even make people pre-order! If the club with its commercial turnover can't afford to bet on producing items at risk it's a bit feeble.

Black beanie and gloves with City badge on could be sold eternally...would never have to change. So imo...stock should always be full.

Makes sense to me mate. But I get your drift.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

While we're all piling in, the thing I find most bizarre is since the temperatures have dropped the official site has churned out video after video and photo after photo of City staff and players wearing a black beanie with the new Robin crest on it. They even went to an assault course and filmed a day of activity that may as well have been a modelling photo shoot for said hat.

Do they sell the hat? Have a wild guess.

I don't get it at all, you could produce those hats in the UK in under two weeks if you sacrifice a bit of margin. Maybe City are too reliant on pallet orders from China with massive lead time. I'm selling winter hats almost daily for the past month and ordered new stock to replace depleted lines at the end of November which will be in this week. I can do that in my spare time.

I don't know who is doing this as a REAL job at City but it's hopeless. My guess is the club have been burned in prior years with larger commitments and unsold stock but they have gone to the other extreme where they want zero risk on stock, they even make people pre-order! If the club with its commercial turnover can't afford to bet on producing items at risk it's a bit feeble.

Totally agree. If the stock was there fans would buy it. Bobble hats are hugely popular at the moment, loads of clubs have them, didn’t Leicester or someone recently GIVE them out at a recent match....and we can’t even BUY something similar!

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I have emailed a letter referring to the above points to the commercial section at the club and will write to John Lansdown. The shop really is a shambles and needs to be sorted out. The club is losing a lot of revenue.

Please let us know if you have a response, would be interesting to know. I expect the SLO will find your email on his desk when he starts next week. 

34 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I have emailed a letter referring to the above points to the commercial section at the club and will write to John Lansdown. The shop really is a shambles and needs to be sorted out. The club is losing a lot of revenue.

Please let us know there response many thanks 

6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes I noticed the out of season baseball caps last night when I popped in with the forlorn hope of buying a beanie. I suppose come spring / summer the caps will be out of stock but the shop will be full of beanies.

We still have some One Team Beanies available if of interested (email us for info oneteaminbristol@icloud.com) 

One Team in Bristol Black.JPG

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What was probably a problem too, was that they have deleted items off the website that are not available, instead of marking them out of stock. The website search engine isn't the best either, when I found my hat I'm sure it was under training gear not souvenirs or accessories

They have also got stuff in the shop, that isn’t available on the website. The red youth puffa jacket being the item. Staff in the shop told me that it should be online, but got home to find it wasn’t . Luckily was able to get someone to pick me one up for my son from the shop. Sort it out City. COYR  

6 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

They have also got stuff in the shop, that isn’t available on the website. The red youth puffa jacket being the item. Staff in the shop told me that it should be online, but got home to find it wasn’t . Luckily was able to get someone to pick me one up for my son from the shop. Sort it out City. COYR  

I think there is a disconnect between website and shop. There appears to be a problem with links, search addresses etc. 

12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I am still surprised they have a physical shop.

Surely it would be more efficient to just have an online shop and use the space the shop currently occupies for something more lucrative.

Get the idea that some items people want to try/inspect before buying, but I'd have thought they could manage that with limited space - just by having one of each size available to try and then direct people online.

The coffee shop is very popular,could use the club shop for its extension

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Just get rid of shop and go fully online only. Shop not fit for purpose. Little or no stock. It needs improving quickly. 

If it goes online only should be easier to manage stock levels etc? 

No, you need a physical presence at the ground. It just needs to be run/stocked properly

To combine a few comments already mentioned - we get around 20000 fans each week; the stock levels are embarrassingly inadequate, the size of the store is not fit for purpose - and do we need a physical store ...

I guess the reality comes down to “Do the club really want a store?”

Do they value their fans enough to invest in a quality store which provides sufficient supplies ALL year round to cope with demand?

Fans want to sample stock, check sizes (I can be anything from a medium to an extra large) and ‘see’ what they are buying rather than have to return items on a regular basis.

Come on BCFC if you are serious about supporting your Fan Base create a much BIGGER and BETTEE store that can cope with demand and the 20000 fans who attend games each week.

In my 51 years of coming to Ashton Gate I have never known the store to be as poor as it is today and over the past few years!  This has been probably the worst affect of having Bristol Sport rather than just Bristol City in one store!

There needs to be a physical store to check materials, quality sizes etc but it needs to be on supporters can be proud of. I'm embarrassed by the current store not just because of lack of stock but the range of merchandise, which was much better before the stadium rebuild. On line only disenfranchises many, and would you trust the current management with an online returns policy? 

11 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There needs to be a physical store to check materials, quality sizes etc but it needs to be on supporters can be proud of. I'm embarrassed by the current store not just because of lack of stock but the range of merchandise, which was much better before the stadium rebuild. On line only disenfranchises many, and would you trust the current management with an online returns policy? 

Totally agree. Having a shop at the stadium is important imo. Especially to know about sizing, as that seems to vary with City clothes, year on year. I also think that the shop is too small for purpose, especially on match days. COYR 

23 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think the shop in the current location was always short term, when they build the arena complex next door I’m sure they will incorporate a much bigger shop and then change the current one to something else, 

That won't make any difference if they don't get an experienced retail manager in to run it.

Whatever happened to that bloke and his brother who used to live in the flats behind The Dolman ?

He'd sort the merchandise retail side of things out in an instant... a local lock-up stock storage and a couple of old suitcases and he'd shift loads of stuff on a matchday from the carpark.   

We should take a leaf out of Derek's book and adopt a more professional approach to knocking a bit of gear out! 

23 hours ago, spudski said:

Black beanie and gloves with City badge on could be sold eternally...would never have to change. So imo...stock should always be full.

Makes sense to me mate. But I get your drift.

Quite agree. I went in to get some City winter hats this time last year for my girls and there was no headwear on sale other than baseball hats and no winter goods whatsoever.

If we gave a shite about Bristol Bears there was oodles of their stuff to buy for the cold months.

C'mon Bristol Sport. This is really poor. 

If you want us to buy the merch for the club, sort out stocks sensibly. Other stores can do it.

Archived