IGNORED

Our club shop is a disgrace (Merged)

sticks 1969

14 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Maybe they will

Maybe they have already. There is a manager, infact several and staff below them. I know it’s hard to believe that but that’s the case. I can’t imagine these managers have absolutely no retail experience and just landed the job somehow, so maybe the problem isn’t with them as such but with the person who selects the items to sell or the supply of them.

3 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

The shop if it can be called that just isn't fit for purpose, work with a couple of bears fans who have been wearing the bobble hats just right for this time of year not a football one in sight, maybe rugby is becoming more important to the owners

Tempting to think that sometimes, but I'd bet my last pound that the rugby makes very little compared to the footy in the shop. 

I know people are more likely to complain than praise at times, that's just the way most of us are.

In saying that though, whilst the shop isn't perfect it's functional to a degree. Its just trying to cover too many sports. As previously stated, City gear only on match days,  Bears on theirs would be better. 

As for the online site, yes, you need that also.

My recent experience.

One of my grandsons wanted for Xmas a bears grey hoodie size 7/8. The online site said none available. A week ago I phoned the shop. A young lady went off to check stock in the shop and behind the scenes. Reported back that they didn't have that size and would not be getting any more in until after Xmas. 

I went down today to get him a bears bodywarmer instead and lo and behold, hanging up in the shop is a bears grey hoodie size 7/8!

ps he already has city gear

On 11/12/2019 at 08:44, exAtyeoMax said:

People like to go shopping, even with all the online options, it’s still good to see what’s on offer first hand. Share the experience of buying your child’s first shirt or whatever... it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it shouldn’t be done away with

Exactly why the ‘big’ clubs such as Spurs & Barcelona retain large shops. I realise that we don’t have the space at the ground for such a large store but it’s a pity that we can’t have a store close by, rather than some of the tile/diy stores. 

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Exactly why the ‘big’ clubs such as Spurs & Barcelona retain large shops. I realise that we don’t have the space at the ground for such a large store but it’s a pity that we can’t have a store close by, rather than some of the tile/diy stores. 

Suppose that if/when they build the hotels and basketball arena there is probably the chance for some jiggery of the shop location. 

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Suppose that if/when they build the hotels and basketball arena there is probably the chance for some jiggery of the shop location. 

I would hope that is what they will do. SL is very keen on the Barcelona model.so when the time comes extend the very successful coffee shop into the existing sports store. Open a purpose built (possibly on 2 floors if there is not the footage) store by the hotel

• Admin
22 hours ago, Ecko said:

Do season ticket holders get any discount either online or in store? 

20 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

We get 10% credit loaded back into our account on anything we spend in the shop 

@Ecko You get a £10 credit to spend in the shop and you also get 10% off every purchase too.

As mentioned by @sticks 1969 above, you also get 10% of your purchase from the shop back as "rewards cash"

image.png

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just looking at this page https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-information/contact-us/

There is this section on there:

image.png

Do we actually sell badges / keyrings and posters?

Out of stock ?

The shop has been awful for decades, moving to our own supplier has done nothing other than make the kit look a bit nicer.  God knows what planet everything gets manufactured and how many times they visit earth.

Despite being badly stocked, the size of the place means it’s always jammed on matchdays, with long queues. So the club probably considers its successful.

Actually it just means plenty of people give up and drift away.

With more space and more interesting stock they could clean up.

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Despite being badly stocked, the size of the place means it’s always jammed on matchdays, with long queues. So the club probably considers its successful.

Absolutely. 

Try going in with a wheelchair on match day. 

Actually, don't. 

23 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If people could purchase stuff online it would help.

On 12/12/2019 at 13:50, RedM said:

Maybe they have already. There is a manager, infact several and staff below them. I know it’s hard to believe that but that’s the case. I can’t imagine these managers have absolutely no retail experience and just landed the job somehow, so maybe the problem isn’t with them as such but with the person who selects the items to sell or the supply of them.

Maybe they haven't got the right skill set or it is not set up for them to do their job.  The Head Honcho of the shop should be ensuring the right items are on the shelves and that they are being purchased correctly.

I can't believe the manager has no retail experience but I can imagine he hasn't got the right experience and I can imagine BCFC don't pay enough to ensure they get the right experience.

I always found the art of management was getting the right managers under me and that made my life so much easier.  Get the wrong one in and , oh dear.....

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Maybe they haven't got the right skill set or it is not set up for them to do their job.  The Head Honcho of the shop should be ensuring the right items are on the shelves and that they are being purchased correctly.

I can't believe the manager has no retail experience but I can imagine he hasn't got the right experience and I can imagine BCFC don't pay enough to ensure they get the right experience.

I always found the art of management was getting the right managers under me and that made my life so much easier.  Get the wrong one in and , oh dear.....

Given they are utter ***** at running a successful shop, I wonder on what basis they felt Adam Baker was surplus to requirements. Presumably on the basis that they wanted the whole club to be modern, streamlined and to maximise turnover and profitability?

Seems not, in reality. 

On 11/12/2019 at 08:38, Bristol Rob said:

I am still surprised they have a physical shop.

Surely it would be more efficient to just have an online shop and use the space the shop currently occupies for something more lucrative.

Get the idea that some items people want to try/inspect before buying, but I'd have thought they could manage that with limited space - just by having one of each size available to try and then direct people online.

Something more lucrative?........What did u have in mind? A Starbucks or perhaps a Pole dancing club?

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder if the club has been viewing OTIB again, hence this news item 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-goalkeeper-kits-back-in-stock/

But astounding that these items are not back in stock after that ad

Screenshot_20191213-223507_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-223528_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was also intrigued why the box in yellow about rewards only mentioned members and not season ticket holders 

Gutted I was hoping to wear the pink one to my Christmas party ? 

A rumour I've heard from a reliable source is that we are changing our kit supplier next season from BS to Umbro. 

Also rumoured to be making the Bears kit which, at first, sounds crazy, but Umbro are getting into rugby and have a deal at the end of 2020 to start producing the England kit. 

I was a bit surprised by this as I thought we were committed to producing our own kits but this would explain why stock in the shop is being kept at a low level?? 

Archived