IGNORED

Our club shop is a disgrace (Merged)

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, DolmanDave said:

Still no gloves or hats in the club shop whatsoever. 

Been trying for a pal the last few weeks  and no luck each time.

Hopefully back in stock before next summer when we need them ?

Why in the winter and build up to Christmas would it be a good idea to have plenty of stock of hats and gloves for sale? 

Amateur doesn't come close. Get a grip Bristol Sport.

12 hours ago, DolmanDave said:

Still no gloves or hats in the club shop whatsoever. 

Been trying for a pal the last few weeks  and no luck each time.

Hopefully back in stock before next summer when we need them ?

Bristol Sport don't do warm. Hence the cold dryers and cold water. 

4 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Over the last 3 or 4 season (since the shirts with the icthy necks) I've spent my money on gear for the prem side I follow as the city offerings are such poor quality, stock is so random and they seem to have decided female customers don't even exist.

Dear oh dear, you won't get much sympathy now I'm afraid.

Can it get worse?

Yes, they can continue the lack of engagement with their customers. An explanation as to why key winter/Xmas items are ‘out of stock’ and why we have such an uninspiring range of products is way overdue.

If you’re crap at least acknowledge it and  explain how things are going to be made better. Jesz talk about alienating your customer base!

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Well our SLO started today. Maybe time to pass on feedback? 

I'd hope the lack of sales through the shop is feedback enough? 

I've not spent a penny in there this season. Nipper has spent probably £100 less than he normally does. 

Just down to stock, although range not good. 

On 14/12/2019 at 11:16, Magic Man said:

A rumour I've heard from a reliable source is that we are changing our kit supplier next season from BS to Umbro. 

Also rumoured to be making the Bears kit which, at first, sounds crazy, but Umbro are getting into rugby and have a deal at the end of 2020 to start producing the England kit. 

I was a bit surprised by this as I thought we were committed to producing our own kits but this would explain why stock in the shop is being kept at a low level?? 

Wouldn't surprise me. With both sides able to get 20k+ attendances, we have probably become a club that are worth working with, rather than a generic ideti-kit also ran.

If that does happen, it will be interesting to see if kids still get a free shirt.

On 13/12/2019 at 15:36, Drew Peacock said:

Maybe they haven't got the right skill set or it is not set up for them to do their job.  The Head Honcho of the shop should be ensuring the right items are on the shelves and that they are being purchased correctly.

I can't believe the manager has no retail experience but I can imagine he hasn't got the right experience and I can imagine BCFC don't pay enough to ensure they get the right experience.

I always found the art of management was getting the right managers under me and that made my life so much easier.  Get the wrong one in and , oh dear.....

I agree. 

We say the same about women at work.
Get the right one under you and makes life so much easier. Get the wrong one under you and oh dear......

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

Quality and variety has been very disappointing since Bristol Sport took control of merchandise 

The whole range is poor, they have completely ignored Christmas , a perfect time to shift any old tat with the badge on. Last year they had no stack when I went in looking for a shirt .The Christmas jumpers had a reindeer on, which is fine but surely a little thought could have conjured up a Robin?  They should have the double season video along with others, it really does seem half arsed. 

On 11/12/2019 at 08:44, exAtyeoMax said:

People like to go shopping, even with all the online options, it’s still good to see what’s on offer first hand. Share the experience of buying your child’s first shirt or whatever... it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it shouldn’t be done away with

Agreed but they need to make the shop bigger it's hardly an experience when it's busy..

On 17/12/2019 at 08:10, Bristol Rob said:

Wouldn't surprise me. With both sides able to get 20k+ attendances, we have probably become a club that are worth working with, rather than a generic ideti-kit also ran.

If that does happen, it will be interesting to see if kids still get a free shirt.

Maybe a telling quote from Mark Kelly buried in here on the launch of the frankly piss poor “Heritage “ range for Bristol

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/bears-launch-heritage-range-in-store-and-online/

Bristol Sport managing director Mark Kelly said: “We’re aware of feedback around the range and volume of merchandise available in the Bristol Sport store.

“Unfortunately, due to supplier delays, coupled with increased demand, we have experienced limited retail stock at times this year.

“We apologise to our supporter base for any inconvenience caused and are working on a number of positive solutions that will be rolled out in 2020.

“Customer service is our highest priority and we are always looking to make improvements.”

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Maybe a telling quote from Mark Kelly buried in here on the launch of the frankly piss poor “Heritage “ range for Bristol

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/bears-launch-heritage-range-in-store-and-online/

Bristol Sport managing director Mark Kelly said: “We’re aware of feedback around the range and volume of merchandise available in the Bristol Sport store.

“Unfortunately, due to supplier delays, coupled with increased demand, we have experienced limited retail stock at times this year.

“We apologise to our supporter base for any inconvenience caused and are working on a number of positive solutions that will be rolled out in 2020.

“Customer service is our highest priority and we are always looking to make improvements.”

When did Mark get elected to parliament! ?

Million and one things they could do, work with @Olé and be a SB stockist, reply to people with a book to sell to see if they can come to an arrangement, consult with fans on not just what they might want to see as a first team kit, but what other items/goods people would buy, and importantly established price points that make people think they are getting value, and not a grey hoodie for sixty notes that you'd turn your nose up at twenty quid in sports direct, just because it has the City badge on it.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:31, Sir Geoff said:

I have emailed a letter referring to the above points to the commercial section at the club and will write to John Lansdown. The shop really is a shambles and needs to be sorted out. The club is losing a lot of revenue.

Did you ever get a reply from the club or Jon ?

On 17/12/2019 at 21:43, BS15_RED said:

Everton’s kit is made by Umbro, I just had a look at their range, there’s some nice looking stuff on there. A double deal for both City and Bris would be a bit of a feather in Umbro’s cap.

I hope you are right about Umbro, but can we really se it happening? Yes if we were coming from another brand, but coming from our own would mean that we had it very wrong and I can’t see them admitting that. No doubt there are all sorts of penalties we can impose for not getting the merchandise on time etc so maybe we are getting the stock we do have for almost nothing, so anything we sell I’d pure profit?

Yes Umbro etc would sell masses if it’s what people want, but I’m not entirely convinced the club know what fans want anyway. We could be left with stock we can’t shift again.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Would love replica home and away kits from that year with the new badge on.

I’m sure many of us would Spudski but we’re dealing with incompetent people who so say ‘run’ the club shop.........:disapointed2se:

With MKelly involved nothing will happen - just as nothing has happened with the PA system in Dolman. That’s must be close on four years now.......jeez.......:facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure many of us would Spudski but we’re dealing with incompetent people who so say ‘run’ the club shop.........:disapointed2se:

With MKelly involved nothing will happen - just as nothing has happened with the PA system in Dolman. That’s must be close on four years now.......jeez.......:facepalm:

Oh well...not end of the world...

Tbh.... I'd rather they turned the PA off completely. Only want announcement of Subs...and you can read them on Screens.

Would rather have an atmosphere build naturally with no music and no waffle.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

They need totally new speakers in the dolman those we currently have cant provide the clear output we need(old and dated) Seems to be a case of cheap option instead of solving the problem and thats the only way sound will improve..Or there is a massive issue with acoustics of the ground.

14 hours ago, Street red said:

They need totally new speakers in the dolman those we currently have cant provide the clear output we need(old and dated) Seems to be a case of cheap option instead of solving the problem and thats the only way sound will improve..Or there is a massive issue with acoustics of the ground.

Speakers are needed all over the ground to be fair, but probably worse in the Dolman.    I'm at the back of the South Stand and can barely hear anything pre-match in particular. (Some would say that's a blessing!).  It's something that Jerry is going to raise now he's in place in the SLO role - he sits in the Dolman himself so knows how bad it is there in particular.

15 hours ago, Street red said:

New speakers won't solve the problem. Rubbish in rubbish out is the old hi-fi maxim. The acoustics and speaker placement are more likely to be the problem.

19 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

New speakers won't solve the problem. Rubbish in rubbish out is the old hi-fi maxim. The acoustics and speaker placement are more likely to be the problem.

The last I heard from MKelly......:facepalm:......was when he explained at Senior Reds about 18/12 ago that the club had received two quotes to sort out the problem. One was significantly higher than the other so ‘the club’ was going to see what the two different quotes actually involved..........,:dunno:

We’ve heard nothing since and the PA system particularly in the Dolman is as as muffled and unclear as it’s ever been. That must be around three seasons now and absolutely zilch, zero, nothing, bugger all has been done to fix it.

The buck stops at MKellys office and it’s still sat on his desk alongside his feet............:disapointed2se:

Archived