IGNORED

Jurgen Klopp's big red Liverpool machine

reddogkev

21 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Really enjoyed their players giving it to Rafinha after the final whistle. 

God, he was gross. 

They were a typical south american team like the mexicans the other night. No sympathy for either.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

They were a typical south american team like the mexicans the other night. No sympathy for either.

Can't believe that they only had one booking, even the 'penalty' decision that was reversed could have been a red card! How come there was no free kick outside the area?

Amazing insight into Klopp and Liverpool. He is, IMO, one of the best managers of my lifetime. Not because he a great coach but a a great motivator.

The references to the lack of Premier League / First Division titles and how consuming it is for both club and fans to have it happen again, leads me to say this.

Those City fans under 45/50 years of age must find it difficult to understand what those of us who were around when we got there in 1976. We are driven by the fact that we must return there and every year that we miss out hurts us just like it hurts Liverpool fans not to have won the title for around thirty years. We haven't been there for forty years and it's about bloody time that we were!!

On 19/12/2019 at 19:21, David Brent said:

Klopp has obviously done very well at Liverpool though and it proves that sometimes it’s worth standing by your man and your decision. Arsenal fans TV would’ve wanted him gone after the first season if he was theirs.

Many Liverpool fans wanted Klopp out early before. 

On 19/12/2019 at 03:09, David Brent said:

I sometimes think that there are many city fans, even on here, who would have a dilemma if City played Liverpool.

I’d love to see Liverpool and the other 19 premier league clubs all fail

That's why I don't see how anyone can support 2 teams. What will they do if we get to the prem I wonder.

British team against team not British I support the British team.

I don't give a flying who wins sky's best league in the world  Bollocks unless it's City.

Merry Christmas one and all and may Father Christmas deliver your dreams or wishes.

I certainly don't, or can't support any other side. Quite like it when lesser or not so rich overall off sides stick it to the more established ones though.

Sheffield United being 5th (!) in PL approaching Christmas is a good example! Burnley coming 7th,similar.

Conversely, I'm glad to see Aston Villa struggling and hope it continues for some time.

36 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Quite surprised how seriously the rest of the world takes this competition. Often forget it exists. How anyone could claim that Al-Hilal would be the world's best team if they won it is frankly laughable.

Quite like South American v European Champions. Often quite a good match up if and when that's the final..

The rest? A bit meh IMO. Certainly at club level (probably all levels)  it goes Europe, South America-then daylight, lots of it.

Mexican League probably alright too but you could class it under Copa Libertadores I expect, if not in actual zones thinking style etc.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Quite surprised how seriously the rest of the world takes this competition. Often forget it exists. How anyone could claim that Al-Hilal would be the world's best team if they won it is frankly laughable.

Yet Liverpool are allowed to claim to be the best team in the world after winning it?

On 19/12/2019 at 20:21, Distortia said:

I was thinking this. I suppose a few/many on here are of the age where they were getting into football in the 80s where Liverpool had a lot of success - I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of members were fans of Liverpool in their younger years, die to their success, then switched to City once they were able to go to games and devote more of their lives to their local team. Just a theory though!

You are correct I think most of us or a high percentage are old enough where we started supporting teams in the 80s and even the 70s. I remember having an old fashioned scrap book and cutting out all the Liverpool football reports from the Sunday newspapers and proudly sticking them in my scrap book. I was at Stockwood Green School during these years and all the kids took their scrap books to school on the Monday. Liverpool was the most popular football club with all of us and I dreamed all the time that City who I watched every home game during these years would some day be as good as Liverpool.

Archived