IGNORED

Forest green rovers new ground approved

Never to the dark side

41 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

At least other lot will know what a brand new ground looks like.

I already know what they look like thank you very much, I have seen umpteen artists impressions on the front page  of the Evening  Post of what they look like. 

It's actually sitting in one watching my team that I'm interested in!

Brilliant News............I understand it will be the first all wooden stadium in Europe?   They maybe 2nd Division in their current football position, but they are Premiership in their forward thinking attitude.  Promoting Veganism and Enviromental issues is the way forward for the future.  Massive heads up to this superb football club!

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Brilliant News............I understand it will be the first all wooden stadium in Europe?   They maybe 2nd Division in their current football position, but they are Premiership in their forward thinking attitude.  Promoting Veganism and Enviromental issues is the way forward for the future.  Massive heads up to this superb football club!

Great news! As a vegan myself, Forest Green are definitely my second club. I went to see them during an international break last year, and will do so again whenever I can. Though I can't quite get myself to chant "Up the Rovers!

3 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Great news! As a vegan myself, Forest Green are definitely my second club. I went to see them during an international break last year, and will do so again whenever I can. Though I can't quite get myself to chant "Up the Rovers!

Maybe safer to chant 'Up the Forest', or on reflection, that might not be PC!

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Their kit is made from bamboo fibre as well as it`s hugely more sustainable than cotton.

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

Promoting veganism  yes, top marks but forcing it upon their fans, and away fans is just wrong. 

9 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Promoting veganism  yes, top marks but forcing it upon their fans, and away fans is just wrong. 

How is it forced upon fans?  What a ludicrous point of view............it is no more forced upon fans, than the gristley meat pies, mushy pasties and cardboard burgers served at most grounds.   You have a choice, to buy or not to buy?  Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

45 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Do vultures squat? Do they even have knees?

It’s a decent question - I obviously meant ‘squatting’ in its other definition - but lots of questions remain unanswered - why is there only one Monopolies Commission? Why is it called ‘rush hour’ when nobody moves? Why are they called apartments when they are all together? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why has lisp got an ‘s’ in it? These things keep me awake at night ...?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

How is it forced upon fans?  What a ludicrous point of view............it is no more forced upon fans, than the gristley meat pies, mushy pasties and cardboard burgers served at most grounds.   You have a choice, to buy or not to buy?  Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Because if I want a meat pasty, or a sausage roll they wont sell me one, when every other ground would. Thats forcing their beliefs on me.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Because if I want a meat pasty, or a sausage roll they wont sell me one, when every other ground would. Thats forcing their beliefs on me.

So making you only eat meat pasties and sausage rolls IS NOT forcing beliefs on you?  OK?  In the immortal words of Pauline Calf    " If you like it, do it, if you don't like it, do it..........you might like it"   In other words.......Instead of lips and ass, growth hormones, and  antibiotics pumped into creatures with no say in the matter,  you just might enjoy eating something pure for a change.  That's not forcing you,  it's educating you. ?  And, if you have no wish to try something new and beneficial, then that, of course,  is your perogative?

6 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Don’t think they would stop you buying one elsewhere and bringing it in though. I have only been there once, and oddly enough not to watch City and really enjoyed myself. I’m not vegan or veggie or anything but fully respect their set up and beliefs. Nice club.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s a decent question - I obviously meant ‘squatting’ in its other definition - but lots of questions remain unanswered - why is there only one Monopolies Commission? Why is it called ‘rush hour’ when nobody moves? Why are they called apartments when they are all together? Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why has lisp got an ‘s’ in it? These things keep me awake at night ...?

OTIB - asking the big philosophical questions. 

I can’t be bothered to quote the different posts but,

@Mike Hunt-Hertz it is a shame, but there is no way Nailsworth would be able to contain a full size stadium and all the logistics.

@wendyredredrobin there are many modern buildings made with wood, it’s treated in such a way that it would take huge temperatures to burn. The problem at Bradford was caused by smokers and the litter that had gathered under the terrace, not the infrastructure itself. 

And just to add to the other discussion, I did notice vegan options on at least one of the outlets at the gate last weekend.

It was mentioned on one of the comedy programmes, that there is no meat option on a vegan menu, in contrast.

Archived