IGNORED

Forest green rovers new ground approved

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I'm not really the fanatic here mate, you're the one criticising his decision! But thinking eating vegan is eating a plate of vegetables every night is just clueless and part of what puts people off. So I called you out on it.

Dismissing other people's views as 'ignorance' are the words of either a fanatic or just a rude individual.

Nobody cares if some choose not to eat meat - get on with not having it, nobody's interested.

Vince should retain a choice of fare for those visiting FGR, not impose his fanatical menu on everybody, and eat what he dictates or they go hungry.

That's all most people are arguing here.

On 20/12/2019 at 08:40, The Horse With No Name said:

Kind of reinforces my point. Ashton Gate didn't used to have vegetarian options, but recognise the need to give fans a choice, so now cater for them. Forest Green dont give you that option, or rather Dale Vince doesnt. Imagine the uproar if Steve Lansdown became teetotal, and so Ashton Gate sold no alcohol whatsoever . Who would be moaning then ?

Haha what a childish statement. Wish city had an owner like vince. Puts care and people first

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Dismissing other people's views as 'ignorance' are the words of either a fanatic or just a rude individual.

Nobody cares if some choose not to eat meat - get on with not having it, nobody's interested.

Vince should retain a choice of fare for those visiting FGR, not impose his fanatical menu on everybody, and eat what he dictates or they go hungry.

Fair enough, I just disagree as to whether Vince should feel obliged to offer any food in particular whatsoever though. Particularly a category of food that is ethically questionable at best.

On 19/12/2019 at 21:57, The Horse With No Name said:

Promoting veganism  yes, top marks but forcing it upon their fans, and away fans is just wrong. 

So you think what you eat at a football ground is more important than the game itself? 
As a non vegan/Vegetarian I’d either take my own food/eat before the game, or give it a try

I usually go for the vegan menu on flights.

That way you get your meal delivered before all the rest get theirs. You can enjoy the meal in peace, then sit back, close your eyes and listen to some nice music when all hell is breaking out around you.  ?

I find the butter is a bit weird, but the rest of the meal is fine. ?

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So would you, by the same token, agree that it should be compulsory to have vegan options available at all 91 other grounds?

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So would you, by the same token, agree that it should be compulsory to have vegan options available at all 91 other grounds?

No, I don't believe in attempting compulsion, hence I don't agree with Vince.

It's up to individual clubs to decide if it's financially viable for them to provide such options to cater for a tiny minority - 1.16% of the population in the UK in 2019.

Most clubs probably offer chips (cooked in veg. oil) already.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's up to individual clubs to decide if it's financially viable for them to provide such options to cater for a tiny minority - 1.16% of the population in the UK in 2019.

So, you're not happy when Vince chooses to "impose" (your word) his views on others, but you're quite happy for the 91 other Chairmen to impose their views on others? Why should other clubs not "retain a choice of fare"? 

On 20/12/2019 at 01:00, maxjak said:

So making you only eat meat pasties and sausage rolls IS NOT forcing beliefs on you?  OK?  In the immortal words of Pauline Calf    " If you like it, do it, if you don't like it, do it..........you might like it"   In other words.......Instead of lips and ass, growth hormones, and  antibiotics pumped into creatures with no say in the matter,  you just might enjoy eating something pure for a change.  That's not forcing you,  it's educating you. ?  And, if you have no wish to try something new and beneficial, then that, of course,  is your perogative?

Where have you been to eat meat ‘pumped with growth hormone and anti biotics’?

58 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Where have you been to eat meat ‘pumped with growth hormone and anti biotics’?

It's not where iI have been? , as i haven't eaten meat for 30 years, but if you do your research, you will find it turns up in beef, pork etc, and dairy products,  For decades the meat and dairy industries have added synthetic estrogen and testostorone to increase the size of an animal for it's meat yield, and drastically escalate milk production.  Many animals are fed a diet laced with synthetic hormones to ensure they grow at a unaturally rapid rate.  I could go on, but if you are seriously interested as to what you are putting into your body as a meat and dairy consumer, all the information is out there, you just have to read?  I am not being alarmist, just repeating facts that are available to all.   If you are determined to stick to a diet of meat and dairy, the safe way to go is organic produce. Happy eating! ?

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Vince obviously thinks it is financially viable and I understand the players eat a vegetarian diet on match days. It obviously did them no harm today winning 4-3 against The Gas 

7 hours ago, 42nite said:

That way you get your meal delivered before all the rest get theirs. You can enjoy the meal in peace, then sit back, close your eyes and listen to some nice music when all hell is breaking out around you.  ?

I try to avoid all airline food as it reduces the risk of food poisoning 

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

It's not where iI have been? , as i haven't eaten meat for 30 years, but if you do your research, you will find it turns up in beef, pork etc, and dairy products,  For decades the meat and dairy industries have added synthetic estrogen and testostorone to increase the size of an animal for it's meat yield, and drastically escalate milk production.  Many animals are fed a diet laced with synthetic hormones to ensure they grow at a unaturally rapid rate.  I could go on, but if you are seriously interested as to what you are putting into your body as a meat and dairy consumer, all the information is out there, you just have to read?  I am not being alarmist, just repeating facts that are available to all.   If you are determined to stick to a diet of meat and dairy, the safe way to go is organic produce. Happy eating! ?

I don’t think you could substantiate any of this for British reared animals.

15 hours ago, 42nite said:

I do exactly that. The quality is usually far superior. But let's not tell everyone or it will dumb down in short fashion. Interestingly just looking at flights now and found that business class was almost exactly the same price as economy. Bizarre. 

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

Ok....if you say so.  Good luck with that?  Of course, now that the Great British public has voted us out of the EU, there will be plenty of lovely USA meat coming our way.  Happy eating ?

17 hours ago, 054123 said:

I'm sorry but that is absolute bollocks! Or should I say "bullocks!"

It is a total myth, perpetrated by the meat and dairy industries, that British animal welfare is the best in the world. It isn't! Take a look at the video 'Land Of Hope And Glory', and you will soon be disabused of that notion.

On 21/08/2020 at 18:43, Sniper said:

@2.35 - That Andi ****** up slipped over:laugh:

21 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I'm sorry but that is absolute bollocks! Or should I say "bullocks!"

It is a total myth, perpetrated by the meat and dairy industries, that British animal welfare is the best in the world. It isn't! Take a look at the video 'Land Of Hope And Glory', and you will soon be disabused of that notion.

Out of interest which country is the best in the world?  

Archived