IGNORED

Forest green rovers new ground approved

Never to the dark side

I will be interested to see what they plan to do with regard to environmentally conscious transport to and from the new stadium. 

The design & access statement claims that there are better transport links for the new stadium. As it stands that will only be true if you are driving a car. 5 miles from the nearest train station and totally inadequate verging on non existent bus links. At least Nailsworth has a fairly regular bus service. 

38 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

I will be interested to see what they plan to do with regard to environmentally conscious transport to and from the new stadium. 

The design & access statement claims that there are better transport links for the new stadium. As it stands that will only be true if you are driving a car. 5 miles from the nearest train station and totally inadequate verging on non existent bus links. At least Nailsworth has a fairly regular bus service. 

Matchday shuttle buses (electric?) I'd guess. 

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Nailsworth is not a suitable place for league football at all. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You were at the Greta “let’s have a mass gathering and sod Covid19” gathering with 15,000 others in Bristol back at the end of February? Each to their own ...

Are you going to be equally scathing about the 23,000 odd that went to Ashton Gate for the Fulham game in March?

I spoke to the FD at FGR a while ago. He told me that the new site would allow them to put up advertising facing the M5 and that based on discussions they'd had with Walsall who have the same, they're expecting new revenues worth nearly as much as their annual gates. 

I hesitate to post this because it sounds wrong! But that's what I was told and if it's true, it's completely game changing for the club.

37 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Are you going to be equally scathing about the 23,000 odd that went to Ashton Gate for the Fulham game in March?

It also took place on February 28th when the total cases reported in the UK stood at 19 (source: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases) so there wasn't much Covid19 to "sod". Perhaps there's just an underlying distaste to Greta Thunberg in BS4's post.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You were at the Greta “let’s have a mass gathering and sod Covid19” gathering with 15,000 others in Bristol back at the end of February? Each to their own ...

⬇️⬇️⬇️

33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It also took place on February 28th when the total cases reported in the UK stood at 19 (source: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases) so there wasn't much Covid19 to "sod". Perhaps there's just an underlying distaste to Greta Thunberg in BS4's post.

@steviestevieneville please scroll on by, you won’t want to read below.

Yes, we didn’t know the extent of covid at that point.....don’t forget our government with an army of scientists behind them were telling us it was nothing.  Johnson hadn’t even bothered attending a COBR meeting at that point.  I learned that he was a lying **** (replace the a in aunt with a c) - in fact I already knew that.  Fulham was the last time I went out as I started to understand the true impact from better sources. I pulled my kids out of school from the Monday.

And, it was educational for my daughter (and me) and she came away inspired by it.  Whether Greta is a puppet, I don’t care, the message is strong.  A 15 year old girl trying to make a difference is cool, even if it’s others pulling the strings.  No different to a 18 stone baby being the puppet for the people really in charge of our country.

You were probably one of the people moaning at the state of the grass on college green, which funnily enough recovered quickly (because that’s what grass does).  Even, so the organiser set up a gofundme site and I chipped in in case funds were needed to repair anything.  So did others, because the type of people who went were “decent humans” (perhaps I could’ve got the City job).

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

It was extremely clear what was coming before the College Green protest took place - Coronavirus horror stories from abroad were already headlining.

I made the decision not to attend the Fulham game for my own and my family's safety, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It was extremely clear what was coming before the College Green protest took place - Coronavirus horror stories from abroad were already headlining.

I made the decision not to attend the Fulham game for my own and my family's safety, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Yep, quite right Nogbad. I remember sitting for hours in a crowded departure lounge in France at the beginning of feb feeling quite uneasy due to the rapid escalation of this crisis,which was undoubtedly going to hit us shortly. Pretty much gave up football, pubs etc when I got back. I have no affection for Boris at all, but blaming him for not being able to see what was happening around you is laughable.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

19 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Yep, quite right Nogbad. I remember sitting for hours in a crowded departure lounge in France at the beginning of feb feeling quite uneasy due to the rapid escalation of this crisis,which was undoubtedly going to hit us shortly. Pretty much gave up football, pubs etc when I got back. I have no affection for Boris at all, but blaming him for not being able to see what was happening around you is laughable.

You were both very prescient in your feelings at that time then, as it wasn't on most people's radar at that point. It was a news story but not something that was making people change their habits yet. The original thread about the visit has plenty of people complaining about the grass at College Green being ruined but not a single voice complaining about the dangers of catching Covid in a crowd...

18 hours ago, sinenomine said:

Whilst the road up the hill from Nailsworth is 'do-able' and the double decker heads up that way before turning round, the road down the hill from Nympsfield is a 'mare at times - single track road with passing places and this would bring traffic from Dursley, Wotton and other Cotswold escarpment towns and villages.  

I was heading up the lane to Nympsfield back in January and came up against the Salford City team coach coming the other way.  Satnav for a coach driver can be a bit of a bugger at times, I guess!

Looking forward to visiting the new place sometime.

12 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You were both very prescient in your feelings at that time then, as it wasn't on most people's radar at that point. It was a news story but not something that was making people change their habits yet. The original thread about the visit has plenty of people complaining about the grass at College Green being ruined but not a single voice complaining about the dangers of catching Covid in a crowd...

Nah not really, it was all over the news. Didn't need to get out the runes to work that one out. When I was leaving France, the first few cases had appeared in a chalet down the road.

As for the grass on College Green, or the annoying little Swede, no interest, I was just agreeing with Nogdad

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know @Davefevs in the real world - it was a harmless jibe, apologies if it riled anyone ...

Nothing to read into my post - I’ve quoted my reply to another poster above...

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

He's clearly not to blame for everything, but he's not blameless either. On 3rd March (after the College Green event?) he was ostentatiously shaking hands with people, and making a point of it. 

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He's clearly not to blame for everything, but he's not blameless either. On 3rd March (after the College Green event?) he was ostentatiously shaking hands with people, and making a point of it. 

Yep, made it clear I've no time for him. My point is solely that the warning signs were out there way before then, and we possibly should take responsibility for our own actions. I mean if I was planning my life around what Boris does or says, I'd have fifteen kids scattered around the country which to the best of my knowledge isn't the case

Archived