IGNORED

Forest green rovers new ground approved

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I can’t be bothered to quote the different posts but,

@Mike Hunt-Hertz it is a shame, but there is no way Nailsworth would be able to contain a full size stadium and all the logistics.

@wendyredredrobin there are many modern buildings made with wood, it’s treated in such a way that it would take huge temperatures to burn. The problem at Bradford was caused by smokers and the litter that had gathered under the terrace, not the infrastructure itself. 

And just to add to the other discussion, I did notice vegan options on at least one of the outlets at the gate last weekend.

It was mentioned on one of the comedy programmes, that there is no meat option on a vegan menu, in contrast.

Kind of reinforces my point. Ashton Gate didn't used to have vegetarian options, but recognise the need to give fans a choice, so now cater for them. Forest Green dont give you that option, or rather Dale Vince doesnt. Imagine the uproar if Steve Lansdown became teetotal, and so Ashton Gate sold no alcohol whatsoever . Who would be moaning then ?

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Kind of reinforces my point. Ashton Gate didn't used to have vegetarian options, but recognise the need to give fans a choice, so now cater for them. Forest Green dont give you that option, or rather Dale Vince doesnt. Imagine the uproar if Steve Lansdown became teetotal, and so Ashton Gate sold no alcohol whatsoever . Who would be moaning then ?

Vegetarian and vegan are not the same. Very few clubs offer vegan options.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

They don't stop you bringing in you're own food.

As a someone who enjoys a Steak or Burger, I can't recommend the food and drink supplied at FGR's enough.

It's by far the best and tastiest food I've ever eaten outside of hospitality at a Football Stadium.

Every meat eater I know that's eaten there, has commented on how good it is.

Most said of the burgers and pies, that if you didn't know it was Vegan you couldn't tell the difference...apart from they taste far better than the pies and burgers served up at football stadiums.

Also the players, when signing their contract to play, do so agreeing to not eating red meat.

Most have gone to a full Vegan.

As a commited meat eater...I believe the Vegan diet has many health benefits. As do many Athletes.

Unfortunately...finding quality organic meat these days is harder and harder.

It's just full of crap and not really what we should be putting in our bodies.

Meat 40 years ago was healthy...now... I'm not so sure, unless completely organic.

17 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Because if I want a meat pasty, or a sausage roll they wont sell me one, when every other ground would. Thats forcing their beliefs on me.

More science than beliefs, nowadays pal.

Only the ignorant whinge about it. 

23 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Because if I want a meat pasty, or a sausage roll they wont sell me one, when every other ground would. Thats forcing their beliefs on me.

So a vegan fan who wants food not tainted by cruelty and torture, but is unable to at the vast majority of grounds, has not also been forced by other's beliefs?

14 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I wouldn't....

On 19/12/2019 at 22:15, maxjak said:

How is it forced upon fans?  What a ludicrous point of view............it is no more forced upon fans, than the gristley meat pies, mushy pasties and cardboard burgers served at most grounds.   You have a choice, to buy or not to buy?  Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

How about offering an option of either vegan food or non vegan food?? Surely thats the proper way to approach it??

17 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Really enjoyed my half time meal at FGR. Healthy and I was seated and could chat to fellow football fans. Very nice indeed. 

GM crops covered in pesticide and turned into a pie is no more healthy than a hormone enhanced meat pie, both containing cheap palm oil encouraging deforestation.

Sustainable plant and meats are available which do little damage to you or the planet.

I would not trust a vegan, vegetarian or meat pie to be planet friendly at any football ground.

On 20/12/2019 at 20:49, glastonred said:

Don't agree. The future is vegan; otherwise we won't have a planet!

100%. Fair bloody play to FGR for actually trying to change the world. It's a necessity and we're just putting it off.

Most here would be amazed at how much better vegan food can be too.

On 19/12/2019 at 22:46, WarksRobin said:

Do vultures squat? Do they even have knees?

I don’t think they have knees which could explain why you never see vultures in church . 

On 20/12/2019 at 09:41, italian dave said:

By that token, almost every other club in the country denies vegans their rights and forces them to eat animal derived products.

Bastards.

:protest:

47 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

100%. Fair bloody play to FGR for actually trying to change the world. It's a necessity and we're just putting it off.

Most here would be amazed at how much better vegan food can be too.

I expect most people know exactly what vegetables taste like.

They just prefer them covered in lashings of delicious gravy.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I expect most people know exactly what vegetables taste like.

They just prefer them covered in lashings of delicious gravy.

Clearly somebody who knows zero about vegan food.

For 99% of ingredients if someone told you they were banned no one would bat an eyelid, but when it comes to meat people get all snowflakey about it. Especially given in a blind taste test in many cases no one would be able to tell the difference.

14 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Therein proving your ignorance unfortunately mate.

Some of the alternatives would blow your mind as to how meat-like they are. 

I'm sure you know best.

I'm sure most of us carnivores have meals without meat sometimes.

Calling me ignorant makes you come over as another fanatic, just like Vince, trying to impose your minority views on the vast majority.

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm sure you know best.

I'm sure most of us carnivores have meals without meat sometimes.

Calling me ignorant makes you come over as another fanatic, just like Vince, trying to impose your minority views on the vast majority.

I'm not really the fanatic here mate, you're the one criticising his decision! But thinking eating vegan is eating a plate of vegetables every night is just clueless and part of what puts people off. So I called you out on it.

Archived