IGNORED

Yate v Weston

MattWSM

I was there - end result probably harsh on Yate but if one side just about deserved it Weston did. They started by far the better, Yate then seemed to come into the game through sheer bloody mindedness and work rate. Last ten you could sense the WSM goal coming, but it looked like Yate had weathered it and Peare clipped the post just before the last minute goal.

Considering there were two divisions between them last year and Yate have just lost their main goal scorer (Louis Britton), very creditable from the Bluebells.

As an aside, bloody great to have a pint while watching the game

• Admin
2 hours ago, spudski said:

Yes mate...cracking little ground...and where my last ever game playing was.

Up the Bluebells ?

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Yes mate.

I haven't been there for decades, last time I went there the Dunn brothers were both playing for Yate, I used to write match reports for the Weston Mercury and free Weston paper at that time

7 hours ago, MattWSM said:

key points for me

big pitch, freezing cold, muddy and dark and rammed carpark, awful burgers, players arguing with fans, last minute goal celebrations and 3 away points.

all for a tenner

lower league football is good as well as watching City

Yes I went and that abuse between the player and some fans was bizarre. Nice little club house I thought and thought Weston were good value for the win.

Archived