IGNORED

Massengo

miloemily

I have just read an article on Massengo in the daily mail by the secret scout. Got me thinking as it is positive that someone might take a gamble and buy him in January and loan back to  is for the rest of the season. If this was the case what would be an acceptable transfer fee? 15m? More?

Any potential purchaser would be buying Massengo’s potential. He’s still very slight as many lads are at 18 but when beefs up he could develop into quite an asset for City.

Give him another 3 or 4 years of physical and mental growth and he’ll become quite some player. No reason why he can’t achieve that whilst at City.

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

We bought him for around that

No we didn't.  (and neither did Chelsea before that one rears its head again....!)

Was about £2-3m plus add ons I think. 

But as others have said, anyone taking a punt wouldn't be buying the player he is, but the player he will be.  Worth remembering though that he came here to play games.  He's already left a big club for that reason....I can't see him going to another one so soon.

1 hour ago, miloemily said:

I have just read an article on Massengo in the daily mail by the secret scout. Got me thinking as it is positive that someone might take a gamble and buy him in January and loan back to  is for the rest of the season. If this was the case what would be an acceptable transfer fee? 15m? More?

So you read an article about him and then you thought that someone might buy him in January and loan him back to his us.

Wow man, that’s some imagination, what type of shirt  you been smoking?

Hopefully stays with us for another season at least. Swear I read somewhere that his old man doesn’t wish for him to move just yet & instead wants him to stay with us for a bit longer so he continues to play. 

Next season he’d qualify as our club developed player in the 18 as well. 

18 minutes ago, swanker said:

So you read an article about him and then you thought that someone might buy him in January and loan him back to his us.

Did he shag your Mrs 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Any potential purchaser would be buying Massengo’s potential. He’s still very slight as many lads are at 18 but when beefs up he could develop into quite an asset for City.

Give him another 3 or 4 years of physical and mental growth and he’ll become quite some player. No reason why he can’t achieve that whilst at City.

Agree with all of that, although I can't see him staying with us. We always end up offloading our best talent

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Ben Sherman...?!!

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't think he's worth anything like that yet tbh. Maybe 8

Last weeks performance against Blackburn  only 5 mill. He’s young and of light build but we all know he has skill. Potential for the future is a yes but not this season. City need to keep him but he’s not what we need to get promotion this season. 

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

No we didn't.  (and neither did Chelsea before that one rears its head again....!)

Was about £2-3m plus add ons I think. 

But as others have said, anyone taking a punt wouldn't be buying the player he is, but the player he will be.  Worth remembering though that he came here to play games.  He's already left a big club for that reason....I can't see him going to another one so soon.

Yeah you’re right but it’s rising to 8 mill so it would be pointless selling with not really any profit

Archived