IGNORED

Williams contract extension

fishy

2 hours ago, fishy said:

Was chatting to someone at the weekend that seemed to think that due to the number of appearances Williams has automatically triggered a 12 month extension in his contract. Anyone know if there's any truth in this. I'd certainly be happy if it was. 

It is certainly true that the 6 month extension to the end of the season was triggered early because he hit his appearances target so quick.

I had a good chat with him on Tuesday at CHSW.  I didn’t talk about contracts (unsurprisingly), other than say that I couldn’t believe nobody snapped him up before we did!!  He said he was really enjoying it here, and said it could be worse, he could still be at Stoke!! ?

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is certainly true that the 6 month extension to the end of the season was triggered early because he hit his appearances target so quick.

I had a good chat with him on Tuesday at CHSW.  I didn’t talk about contracts (unsurprisingly), other than say that I couldn’t believe nobody snapped him up before we did!!  He said he was really enjoying it here, and said it could be worse, he could still be at Stoke!! ?

I would hope we offer him an extension including some coaching responsibilities, As said earlier, he oozes both class and experience. We don't have anyone with remotely close to his 'assets'.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would hope we offer him an extension including some coaching responsibilities, As said earlier, he oozes both class and experience. We don't have anyone with remotely close to his 'assets'.

Totally agree....think he’ll reflect on his situation in the summer after the Euros.

Archived