IGNORED

LJ!!! Curr Avon who ?? (Merged)

Curr Avon

Those of you with long memories and empty lives may recall that my last 'meeting' with LJ occurred 5 hours prior to the Man Utd victory on 20 December 2017. A chance encounter in Cafe Nero, Clifton Village.

Leap forward 2 years and Part Deux happened at the Passenger Shed, Temple Meads last night. My firm's Christmas party and in amongst the corporate revellers I spied familiar faces in fancy dress. Scott Murray resplendent in a pink dress and tutu, Jamie McAllister as the Beast, sans Beauty (probably washing her hair) and our gaffer in regency garb. I reminded Lee of our previous encounter and he was charming as ever, despite me getting his wife's name wrong, again. Whats the point of this post. Well, l'll be at Hillsborough this Sunday and hope this is another good omen. As Barry Norman used to say, "and why not."

See all you hardy travellers on Sunday.

Merry Christmas one and all.

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Whats the point of this post.

So exciting that you typed it out twice!

I pray I'm never sat next to you on a long haul flight with such interesting anecdotes as this 

I thought the first encounter was five hours before a game? How is a game three days after the latest meeting relevant? 

17 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Those of you with long memories and empty lives may recall that my last 'meeting' with LJ occurred 5 hours prior to the Man Utd victory on 20 December 2017. A chance encounter in Cafe Nero, Clifton Village.

Leap forward 2 years and Part Deux happened at the Passenger Shed, Temple Meads last night. My firm's Christmas party and in amongst the corporate revellers I spied familiar faces in fancy dress. Scott Murray resplendent in a pink dress and tutu, Jamie McAllister as the Beast, sans Beauty (probably washing her hair) and our gaffer in regency garb. I reminded Lee of our previous encounter and he was charming as ever, despite me getting his wife's name wrong, again. Whats the point of this post. Well, l'll be at Hillsborough this Sunday and hope this is another good omen. As Barry Norman used to say, "and why not."

I Must be pissed I'm seeing double

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I pray I'm never sat next to you on a long haul flight with such interesting anecdotes as this 

I thought the first encounter was five hours before a game? How is a game three days after the latest meeting relevant? 

Sorry, I was trying to copy and paste elsewhere and accidentally duplicated it. My excuse is typing on a train journey. As for the relevance, well, you could say Im clutching at straws, but its good to be positive, yeah? Happy Christmas ADBA

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

He should’ve duplicated the post and started it “those of you with short memories”!!! ???

'Well this is unbelievable, we meet again Lee!'

'Sorry, who are you... have we actually met before?'

'Yes Lee, it's me Cafe Nero, we met in Curr Avon 2 years ago, I mean I'm Curr Nero, we met in... anyway, remember now?'

LJ. No. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, nice to see you, um... Kurt'

'It's Curr. Yes Lee, you'll remember the last time we met we beat Man. Utd only hours later! Us meeting again like this must be a lucky omen for another unlikely victory at Sheffield!!

Where we may meet yet again, because I'm going!'

'Um....yes,  that's great Curr, um....Scotty! Pssst......Scotty! SCOTTY! SCOTTYGET ME OUT OF HERE!' ?

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I have a long memory and an empty life. But clearly not as long and empty as I thought as I don’t remember Curt Avon/LJ 1. 

As for Sheff We’d if we play anything like the last two games we will get hammered. Although I’m hoping that Curt is right. It’s a sign of an away win...and Scott is a cross dresser!

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Except that Barry Norman never Actually said "And why not" a bit like "you dirty rat" and "beam me up scotty" but apart from that hope it does indeed turn out to be a good omen.

On 20/12/2019 at 19:06, Curr Avon said:

Well this went well

Archived