IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

Hello!

It's been a funny old week for our neighbours across the river, losing their manager to a team not only a league below them but also sent them down in their away kit all that time ago. #NeverForget

Now we all know City are the shithousing kings but with these rustles of Bristol Rovers, Mansfield are giving us a run for our money.

Coincidentally, Sheffield Wednesday are the blue team for Sheffield. Whilst their red neighbours fly high in the Prem, drawing with Man U (we beat them just saying) and today, an article said that Chris Wilder was making English managers look "sexy" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50836875 ?, Wednesday are vying for a promotion spot to join their neighbours next year. Perhaps Garry Monk wants to make ginger managers sexy. Once you go ginge....... ?

Anyway, Wednesday are in a spot of dog doo doo because they sold the stadium to the club owner and it looks like they may have been diddling the books so the EFL have given them a bollocking but we all know **** all will happen. The EFL can't even step in when a club is going under. You really think they give a shit about clubs cooking the books? Nah. They just need to look like they care.

Anyway, Garry Monk is the new Warnock for dirty play and whilst today he is welcoming back Moses Odubajo from a ban, Sam Hutchinson is still suspended. Kalas played last week and Jay Dasilva is back on grass though if he features at all, he'll probably come off the bench for 10 minutes at the end.

Today, my biggest concern is not our form. It's the fact that our squad are made of Quavers. I'm worried that a dodgy tackle from the opposition might take out one of our strikers or centre backs or anyone tbf and then that's it, season finished. So truthfully, I'm hoping for a boring 0-0 draw. I'm ashamed of myself.

So with that said, I'm off to wash myself in the Malago to rid my sins. 

To all on here, I hope you have a lovely holiday season and myself or Hav will be back on Boxing Day. 

COYRs!

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello!

It's been a funny old week for our neighbours across the river, losing their manager to a team not only a league below them but also sent them down in their away kit all that time ago. #NeverForget

Now we all know City are the shithousing kings but with these rustles of Bristol Rovers, Mansfield are giving us a run for our money.

Coincidentally, Sheffield Wednesday are the blue team for Sheffield. Whilst their red neighbours fly high in the Prem, drawing with Man U (we beat them just saying) and today, an article said that Chris Wilder was making English managers look "sexy" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50836875 ?, Wednesday are vying for a promotion spot to join their neighbours next year. Perhaps Garry Monk wants to make ginger managers sexy. Once you go ginge....... ?

Anyway, Wednesday are in a spot of dog doo doo because they sold the stadium to the club owner and it looks like they may have been diddling the books so the EFL have given them a bollocking but we all know **** all will happen. The EFL can't even step in when a club is going under. You really think they give a shit about clubs cooking the books? Nah. They just need to look like they care.

Anyway, Garry Monk is the new Warnock for dirty play and whilst today he is welcoming back Moses Odubajo from a ban, Sam Hutchinson is still suspended. Kalas played last week and Jay Dasilva is back on grass though if he features at all, he'll probably come off the bench for 10 minutes at the end.

Today, my biggest concern is not our form. It's the fact that our squad are made of Quavers. I'm worried that a dodgy tackle from the opposition might take out one of our strikers or centre backs or anyone tbf and then that's it, season finished. So truthfully, I'm hoping for a boring 0-0 draw. I'm ashamed of myself.

To all on here, I hope you have a lovely holiday season and myself or Hav will be back on Boxing Day. 

COYRs!

There was me thinking I had a problem being premature 

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello!

COYRs!

1-0 to City. Merry Christmas septic.

The game (tomorrow!) represents a big opportunity to get everything back on track, and us fans back in a happy place.

We know how dangerous we are away from home and it's just the kind of game we tend to win.

However...Wednesday are brimming with confidence at the moment and another defeat would be the 4th in 6 games for us, which combined with a poor performance would also be a sign that the wheels have come off.

So, a draw would be a reasonable result, with two more winnable games to come next. A hard earned 1-1 is my prediction.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I've had a mare haven't I?

frustrated homer simpson GIF

I'm blaming Christmas. It's put me out of sync. :laugh:. Ah well. It's ready for tomorrow anyhoo.

No problem starting the match thread the day before, even by accident. I've seen some forums where they put it up several days in advance, and have a long pre match build up.

Not sure that would suit OTIB but at least if you aim to get it up the day before there's no chance of forgetting it on the day, having to rush it last minute, or of it going up so late many potential contributors have already set off for the match.

Certainly not a criticism of the sterling efforts by yourself and the perennial honeymooner, but food for thought perhaps.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello!

COYRs!

Thanks a lot Peg.

I've just got to the ground but no ******* here.:laugh:

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I've had a mare haven't I?

frustrated homer simpson GIF

I'm blaming Christmas. It's put me out of sync. :laugh:. Ah well. It's ready for tomorrow anyhoo.

Now if you'd posted your MDT from the train to Sheffield, you'd have been guaranteed classic thread status!

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Fifth is more likely as we`re not going to turn over Preston or Fulham`s GD

The important thing is to get back on the winning trail , as Fulham did today.

The club must not yield  an inch to our opponents if we want to maintain our promotion push .

It is the mental side which will show the winners. We must believe and squeeze every last drop of effort out of the squad. 

How we perform over this festive period will have a huge say in whether we are serious contenders or not .

I thought after Fulham that we were but the last two disappointing home results mean that questions are being asked once more .

Well done to Barnsley today who showed guts . 

Archived