IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

Yo Robins. Hows it jingling along this christmas? Hope everyone's well. 

Should be an intriguing game tomorrow and one that looks as close as ever on paper. I'd honestly take a point which would put us into 6th, a position that any Wednesday fan would've snapped your hand off for in August. 

Your squad looks quite different this season, how have your range of signings fitted in for you? As an outsider you look as dangerous as any team outside the top 2. 

In regard to our FFP 'issues' there's a lot of complexities to the whole scenario however if we have, as we vehemently seem to be appealing, the evidence that the EFL have completely accepted and supported our stadium sale then I don't see how we can be heavily punished. It's a twisted situation. On the one hand I know other clubs and fans will be livid with what we have done. It does seem like we've taken advantage of a naughty loophole. However if the EFL have ratified this in the first place then they will look like the most two faced, shoddy, piece of crap governing body the football world has seen... ? Unfortunately even if we do have the evidence we claim to have, I think the EFL will still throw the book at us as some sort of example. Especially after our chairman has gone all out and threatened them back. Silly because I thought football was played on the pitch! 

Safe journey to your fans, and hope you have a right old session and a merry time in Sheff. ?

Hopefully we turn up today as Wednesday could well be up for this one. I’m still baffled by the level of performance in last two home games. 
January is close now and if we have any intentions of signing a striker we will soon find out. Without one I fear our season will end in a mid table finish , get a quality striker and play offs are achievable.

Lj has to get team selection right today and more importantly motivate the players to perform, let’s just hope we can get back on track . Would definitely settle for points over performance today. 

9 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

We have needed to buy a striker for a couple of years but have proved totally unwilling to spend the money required to secure a proven Championship striker. I cannot see this window being any different.

We brought in a proven championship striker in August but he got injured. Who would you go for who would be happy to come here?

Sheffield Wednesday are a good side, but so are we. I look at that Wednesday team, and there is nothing to fear. 

Bannan is a very good passer of the ball, but surely we can set us up to give him little time and space to dictate things.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sheffield Wednesday are a good side, but so are we. I look at that Wednesday team, and there is nothing to fear. 

Bannan is a very good passer of the ball, but surely we can set us up to give him little time and space to dictate things.

Yes, keep Bannan away from the ball. He is a very good player. Hope Nagy and the lads dont give him any time of space.

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Me too. We don`t want another West Brom.

Will it be West Brom or Fulham? That's one of our main problems. Never know what kind of performance we will get.

Until streaky Lee can get us playing with some consistency and eliminate the flat performances we will struggle to reach the  play offs.

59 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And they no longer have Lucas Joao or Lewis McGugan, nailed on away win ?

I do think we can win, but will take a draw. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And they no longer have Lucas Joao or Lewis McGugan, nailed on away win ?

I do think we can win, but will take a draw. 

I'll take a win, Dave. What with me lucky omen and all. Currently supping a pint of stout named 'Fairy Tale of Brew York" in The Graduate pub near Sheffield Uni. Eee its testeeee.

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yo Robins. Hows it jingling along this christmas? Hope everyone's well. 

Should be an intriguing game tomorrow and one that looks as close as ever on paper. I'd honestly take a point which would put us into 6th, a position that any Wednesday fan would've snapped your hand off for in August. 

Your squad looks quite different this season, how have your range of signings fitted in for you? As an outsider you look as dangerous as any team outside the top 2. 

In regard to our FFP 'issues' there's a lot of complexities to the whole scenario however if we have, as we vehemently seem to be appealing, the evidence that the EFL have completely accepted and supported our stadium sale then I don't see how we can be heavily punished. It's a twisted situation. On the one hand I know other clubs and fans will be livid with what we have done. It does seem like we've taken advantage of a naughty loophole. However if the EFL have ratified this in the first place then they will look like the most two faced, shoddy, piece of crap governing body the football world has seen... ? Unfortunately even if we do have the evidence we claim to have, I think the EFL will still throw the book at us as some sort of example. Especially after our chairman has gone all out and threatened them back. Silly because I thought football was played on the pitch! 

Safe journey to your fans, and hope you have a right old session and a merry time in Sheff. ?

To be honest, I hope you and Derby and everyone else who's cheated the system (that's what it is) get relegated.

And I happen to have quite a soft spot for Wednesday, grew up fascinated by the team with Hinchcliffe and Booth, Sibon and Carbone.  Used to use Wednesday on the early computer games etc. 

Archived