IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

What if we travelled with a sub keeper, but overnight they became ill?

Would that be an excuse or not.

Not with the lad who has been warming up with us the last however many games and if he wasn’t there and had to make a dash up the motorway this morning then so be it. “Professional” is the key word. We have plenty enough keepers on the books to fill a space on the bench.

So no, absolutely no excuse for that particular decision.

1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

Both carrying knocks

Then you call up one of the other keepers.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I really do, you are an obnoxious, arrogant troll with no mates. With seven subs allowed there is no excuse for no keeper end of story.

Have you not considered why LJ would have not included a keeper on the bench?

1) Statisically a replacement keeper is very rarely needed.

2) To cover the rare possibility that one is required do you not suppose that one of the outfield players would be able to play in goal?

3) Having an extra outfield player on the bench gives LJ more options to make changes.

So......you obviously don’t get it............:cool2:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

2) To cover the rare possibility that one is required do you not suppose that one of the outfield players would be able to play in goal?

3) Having an extra outfield player on the bench gives LJ more options to make changes.

Both reserve keepers are injured.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If you need 7 outfield subs instead of 6 to give you more “options” then something is wrong with your starting XI.

I have considered that an outfield player can play in goal, Mr Troll, for example when all three subs have been made. That normally occurs with about 15 minutes to go.

However, despite your arrogance, it is clear and understandable to most people that an outfield player cannot do the job to the standard of a trained goalkeeper should an injury occur after 5 minutes for example.

Stick your stats up your arrogant, trolling arse, sideways, and enjoy the game.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thanks for the info - apologies to LJ in that case.

Not a good omen is it..

We still have two other keepers on the books. Yes, they are inexperienced, but one of them should either have been either there as cover if the injuries were known about or driven up as soon as the injuries were known. I find it hard to believe that BOTH injuries only became known about literally last minute.

Big question for me is how our 3 CBs will line-up.

Looks like it will be Kalas | Williams | Moore (r-l).  But I wonder with Nuhiu’s selection due to Fletcher’s injury, whether it might be different, or whether they’ll just pass him on depending on where he runs.  Expect him to try to peel onto Taylor Moore.  I don’t mind that as long as we track runners, especially Rhodes.  Can’t expect any of our 3 CBs to win everything in the air, but it would be poor if we don’t anticipate flick-ons.  Williams experience in the cover / positioning will be key.

Weimann to get Lees sent off - you heard it here!

Archived