IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

In order of worse performances so far: Hunt, O'Dowda, Brownhill, Rowe

Good performances from Diedhiou and Moore. Most others ok. Weimann not really getting involved again. Smith looks rusty but doing decent enough.

HT 0-0. Only decent chance we have had wasted by COD after 15 seconds. COD & Weimann both offering nothing, Brownhill getting is some good positions but making poor choices, Hunt having an absolute mare. 

Plus points: (apart from us not losing!) Moore done well, Fammy looking good, Williams & Kalas steadfast, Bentley good.

I'd get COD off at HT for either Eliasson or Palmner, but doubt LJ will make a change before we go behind.

Very poor first half.  But still 0-0, thankfully.

Kalas starting to get up early and powerfully and beginning to win his headers.

Fam trying his best with limited service.

Brownhill as poor as I’ve seen him.

Williams excellent in the centre sniffing out trouble, Bentley solid until that situation right at the end.  Moore doing ok defensively (but better with the ball)

Hunt, not his best, those two dispossessions summed it up.

Surely we can’t play any worse second half....hat beside me ready to eat.

The point is that this level and type of performance cannot be sustainable for any length of time. It’s becoming a habit and it is very poor to watch.

What people who would like to see us reach the play offs playing this type of negative football need to realise is that playing this way really is shit or bust....don’t get promoted and a surprising number of ST holders might find other stuff to do on Saturdays, Tuesday’s Wednesday’s and Sundays next season.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

In order of worse performances so far: Hunt, O'Dowda, Brownhill, Rowe

Good performances from Diedhiou and Moore. Most others ok. Weimann not really getting involved again. Smith looks rusty but doing decent enough.

Thought Smith grew into the game....keeping us from exposing our CBs.  Doing a great job.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

I cant see what COD brings to the team when playing this formation. Also Brownhill has been poor again thats the last 3 games now. There's no service to our front men again. Get COD and Brownhill off for Nagy and Massengo

That's what I don't understand about Eliasson being dropped, we are told he doesn't fit this formstion, but considering I would be as much use as COD in midfield I can't fsthom how Eliasson can be worse. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

The point is that this level and type of performance cannot be sustainable for any length of time. It’s becoming a habit and it is very poor to watch.

What people who would like to see us reach the play offs playing this type of negative football need to realise is that playing this way really is shit or bust....don’t get promoted and a surprising number of ST holders might find other stuff to do on Saturdays, Tuesday’s Wednesday’s and Sundays next season.

It’s been a habit for quite some time 

Archived