IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

HT - we look a little more organised defensively at least.

Virtually devoid of ideas going forwards. Famara losing his battle with the CB. Weimann non-existant.

Rowe increasingly becoming a ghost with every game, desperate for JD to freshen that up.

Brownhill having a very poor one, Hunt too. Indecision going forwards and careless at the back. 

CB's are the only positive. Moore with some good work stepping out from the back. We need a "foot on it" in the middle second half.

And you can talk all about the manger and selection as much as you want, but there is no legislating for moments like COD not even managing to hit the target with that early chance. Very very poor effort. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

We have no attack .

Utterly pathetic.

We cant get the ball outside our half. 

Brownhill - Useless

Smith - Liability

O'Dowda - Non-existent. 

Weimann - One run. 

Diedhiou - Having to try and do everything. 

I thought we were excellent for the first fifteen seconds.

Downhill from there.

No midfield, nothing going forward.

Only positives are that Wednesday aren't much better and look a bit one dimensional and Diedhiou is having a good game.

Brownhill needs to play himself into the game its passing him by, O'Dowda has done nothing at all other than the weak shot right at the start and it looks as if his confidence is shot, Smith has faded as the game has gone on.

No energy in midfield at all.

Not a good advert for Championship football.

Honestly think it's a decent first half, we're playing a decent side (who are in graat form) away from home and had them relatively contained. It's not been the most exciting so far but we've looked to break quickly and Moore has been excellent and Dheidhiou has looked sharp despite poor service. 

Midfield has been poor and lacking creativity and ideally well change something there at half time or early on. 

Diedhiou doesn't get much praise from me but he's battled like a proper target man today. Really impressive. 

The back 3 have been assured.

Great to see Smith charging into challenges despite his recent injury woes. He's been good.

Actually I'm happy that it's been a low quality borefest because we're still in the game. I'd take a point. 

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

HT - we look a little more organised defensively at least.

Virtually devoid of ideas going forwards. Famara losing his battle with the CB. Weimann non-existant.

Rowe increasingly becoming a ghost with every game, desperate for JD to freshen that up.

Brownhill having a very poor one, Hunt too. Indecision going forwards and careless at the back. 

CB's are the only positive. Moore with some good work stepping out from the back. We need a "foot on it" in the middle second half.

And you can talk all about the manger and selection as much as you want, but there is no legislating for moments like COD not even managing to hit the target with that early chance. Very very poor effort. 

Manger, very seasonal.

17 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

how has COD been given a new deal. 
he has no positive effect on games and how he starts and comes on ahead of others I’ll never know. 

we heard last week how “good” Szmodics has been, he gets a 20 min cameo and now banished again, as was Palmer for last weeks game. 
Yet COD is always used- I just don’t get it. 

Amen.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I thought we were excellent for the first fifteen seconds.

Downhill from there.

No midfield, nothing going forward.

Only positives are that Wednesday aren't much better and look a bit one dimensional and Diedhiou is having a good game.

Brownhill needs to play himself into the game its passing him by, O'Dowda has done nothing at all other than the weak shot right at the start and it looks as if his confidence is shot, Smith has faded as the game has gone on.

No energy in midfield at all.

Not a good advert for Championship football.

:laughcont:

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

That's what I don't understand about Eliasson being dropped, we are told he doesn't fit this formstion, but considering I would be as much use as COD in midfield I can't fsthom how Eliasson can be worse. 

Today he’s been lightweight and ineffectual.

THE LAST TWO GAMES WE HAVE BEEN UTTER SHIT. Something had to change. Well here we are. Back to where we were a couple of weeks ago but not losing at ht. 

personally I could not care less about how “entertaining” we are, not one Jot. Points are all I’m interested in! This is what LJ will be judged on at the end of the season by everyone 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought Smith grew into the game....keeping us from exposing our CBs.  Doing a great job.

Would be great if he was match fit though. You can tell he's been out for a long spell but still so much better than O'Dowda who for the life of me I can't see what he gives us.

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have no attack .

Utterly pathetic.

That’s what happens when you insist on such a negative set up (yes I know 532 doesn’t HAVE to be negative, but the way we play it is). 

Who is there on the pitch that can take a man on and beat him or come up with that moment of creative magic that can make something from nothing? No one. 

Meanwhile our best offensive players and best technical players sit on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Here at Wednesday and its absolute dross. We can't pass for toffee and Hunt is having a nightmare. Will LJ bring on Palmer, a player that can create (at both ends), or Eliasson, and switch to a back 4. Fingers and toes crossed because there's nowt else. 

Fair play to you guys. Watching in pub and terrible advert for Championship football. Both teams poor so if either can raise their game in second half then it's there for taking. That said I'd take a point now. Time for Palmer me thinks.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Eliasson won't come on at 0-0

If LJ is brave then he will. But you might be right.

Just noticed Rodri is on the bench! No goalie. Weird. 

I would even bring Eliasson on and move Weimann deeper and wide and go 343.

A couple of incidents involving Big Dave have really boiled my p155 in that first half.  1) Sheffield defender had most of Diedhiou's shirt off him whilst he pulled him down on the halfway line.  Even I saw that from Murcia.  2) Dave catches a Sheffield defender with his elbow on the upper arm.  Defender goes down clutching his bastard head!  I really do despair about modern footy.  What game is the ref actually at????

Archived