IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Bit early for that, but I am becoming disillusioned at how boring we are to watch. 

I don’t think it is too early. I’m far more patient than most and I will point to five consecutive seasons of league position improvement as proof that we are heading in the right direction. But the inconsistency shows no signing of ending, it’s been an issue for far too long, and I can’t help but wonder if now would be the right time for a change while we have a squad and a league position that would attract a quality manager like Hughton.

Another woeful performance in which their goalie hasn’t had to make a save. 3 losses on the spin in which we have scored just once. What a dire December this could end up being. We look tired, flat & clueless with the ball and the less said about our midfield the better. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Just looking at our stats for the last five games we’ve had 11 shots on target in 7 1/2 hours of football .  That really is shocking ? . I’m not going to start demanding heads on spikes here but every year that LJ has been here has seen exactly the same thing happen . We get in a great position with a squad hit by injuries  then we implode once the injured players come back and LJ has choices to make . Questions do need to be asked . 

Except that's not how it's panned out.

2016/17 we were in midtable and on the slide. LJ record losing run.

2017/18, yeah quite possibly bit the injuries did continue into 2018, that 2nd half of season. Should've made the playoffs but let's not overlook the impact of the Cup run. 

2018/19. Injuries undoubtedly, but we were marooned in and around midtable at this stage. Looked for all the world like a midtable/lower top half finish before the 9 wins on the spin (7 League, 2 Cup). 

So exactly the same thing...except not really.

Johnson has had 4 years to create this shit. We have been turgid all season aside from the odd freak performance like Fulham.

There is no way with our resources we should be behind the likes of Preston, Swansea (no fans, no money, youngsters) Brentford and vying with QPR, Millwall, Blackburn, Hull for upper mid table.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Except that's not how it's panned out.

2016/17 we were in midtable and on the slide. LJ record losing run.

2017/18, yeah quite possibly bit the injuries did continue into 2018, that 2nd half of season. Should've made the playoffs but let's not overlook the impact of the Cup run. 

2018/19. Injuries undoubtedly, but we were marooned in and around midtable at this stage. Looked for all the world like a midtable/lower top half finish before the 9 wins on the spin (7 League, 2 Cup). 

So exactly the same thing...except not really.

We looked a better side with the injured players excuse which is madness. Since Kalas, Nagy & Smith have been fully fit we’ve played worse football. Only JD left to come back? Even with him at left back we don’t know our best side 

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

CH is a smart man. I think he would look at the project as to what it can offer. We have the stadium, training facilities, financial backing, somewhat of a squad to build on. I think it would be Hughton’s ideal next job.

You realise he isn't about dominant, attacking possession football either right?

His sides are generally cohesive though and his record pretty good. Don't see him here at this stage though, regardless of LJ's future.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

No thanks, Brighton got rid of him for a reason.

What reason would that be? Playing style? The bloke got them promoted and established in the top division.

Getting sick of our obsession with playing style over achievement. Maybe we don’t have the luxury of expecting both. I like being entertained but winning consistently can be quite entertaining. It would be nice to actually achieve something.

Just where was our midfield non exsistant no creativity  this really begining to feel like odriscol football lee seems to have ran out of ideals go get big duncan from everton lets see some passion and fire i have a season ticket but been finding very diffucult to motivate my self to go and watch it it bores me to tears and has done for quite sometime ????

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

What reason would that be? Playing style? The bloke got them promoted and established in the top division.

Getting sick of our obsession with playing style over achievement. Maybe we don’t have the luxury of expecting both. I like being entertained but winning consistently can be quite entertaining. It would be nice to actually achieve something.

They didnt play dire football in the champ either....only in the prem.

A few of those in our starting 11 today are League One standard players unfortunately.

I really wish him to do well, he scores the odd tap in and header but Diedhou is just not a very good footballer. Not sure he won a single aerial duel today either.

I know others were probably worse today but he is just so frustrating to watch.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes we did set to soak it. So what was the point of taking off your runner and bringing on two players who can not win a tackle. That Gave us no outlet and lost the battle in midfield from that point on. 

yes I agree O’Dowda should have at least hit the target but he missed. So if he can’t run shoot attack or defend why play him. 

poor decision cost us. Poor shooting from a poor player cost us too!

LJ is under pressure now no matter how you cut it. To coin a phrase I’m not sure he knows what he’s doing. 

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The most frustrating part is that Sheff Wednesday were really poor and we were far far worse than them. 

When you have a group of players who seem incapable of simply passing to a team mate you have to wonder what is going on. 

No fluency at all, lack of movement, lack of guile, lack of confidence on the ball, lack of any real passion. 

New ideas are needed, we are stale and take away the first 15 seconds we were awful. 

Just pointing out I’ve put im not a Johnson fan so I’m not going defend him and subs,

Weimann could do with a rest he’s played a lot of minutes this season and he wasn’t really involved today like last few games ,so I’m only guessing he made the subs to try win the game after seeing how poor weds was only LJ knows 

after SL being in the stadium and after watching it himself it be interesting for LJ now

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if people still dislike VAR, despite us suffering some truly appalling decisions since mid April?

Now I'm not saying we were worth a point- but chances are we eke it out if not for that call.

Yes, VAR ruins the game. We’ve had some decisions go in our favour too.

Imagine what VAR would have done to the moment Korey scored v United. That alone is enough to convince me.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don’t think it is too early. I’m far more patient than most and I will point to five consecutive seasons of league position improvement as proof that we are heading in the right direction. But the inconsistency shows no signing of ending, it’s been an issue for far too long, and I can’t help but wonder if now would be the right time for a change while we have a squad and a league position that would attract a quality manager like Hughton.

Id argue the football has got worse on the whole across the last 3 barring a couple of bright spells. To think Man Utd was two years ago already. 

Worst part of that is, I cant recall a game since where we played as well as that. 

First half WBA, maybe? 

Id argue that our improved league position is more to do with our increased spending than anything down to LJ personally.

I give him full credit for the FA Cup run season, but since then we've only gone one direction in terms of any kind of entertainment value we once had, and after 4 years of LJ in charge we still dont have the deep lying playmaker we desperately needed then and now, nor an Identity to speak of. 

Fact of the matteris, I reckon that xG stat I pulled up in another thread is starting to bear its teeth a bit. Team are figuring us out. We are far less effective in the margins than people think we are. 

2019-12-14-2-ch-1.thumb.png.07cad6b848b1d5dbbd27953849a669ca.png

Archived