IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree with all of that. O’Dowda doesn't get his head up. At the moment he offers nothing either In attack midfield or defense. 

Palmer looks like a man that poses near a football with nice hair      

We are terrible in midfield  can’t win it or play it and right now the best midfielder we have plays for Lincoln!!

The decision to let Taylor go looks dreadful Bannon never got touched  Korey Smith V Barry Bannon LMFAO

Massengo and Nagy have come from good levels. LJ and his philosophy (does he have one)  a big problem here IMO. Unconvinced by Morrell being our best though, at this time.

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree with all of that. O’Dowda doesn't get his head up. At the moment he offers nothing either In attack midfield or defense. 

Palmer looks like a man that poses near a football with nice hair      

We are terrible in midfield  can’t win it or play it and right now the best midfielder we have plays for Lincoln!!

The decision to let Taylor go looks dreadful Bannon never got touched  Korey Smith V Barry Bannon LMFAO

I like Palmer I think he’s dropping to deep to get the ball and then he loses it and it’s a dangerous place to lose the ball he can be quiet for 89 minutes but then in that 1 minute he creates something that it’s can make us forget the 89 minutes he’s a luxury player who we ain’t playing to his strengths abit like weimann not playing to his strengths either,

someone should put something on Bannan Early doors he’s easily one of the best midfielders in the championship don’t think he have an easier game this season so much time on the ball 

if we didn’t get bentley in the summer where would we be?

1 minute ago, Markular said:

350 fans went on the best part of a 370 mile round trip and were served up a plate of absolute steaming shite. I'm still wiping the remnants from the corner of my mouth. 

I hope you were there what I hate is the “actual armchair fans thinking they are something special just cos it was on sky I will stay at home armchair fan” commenting! Melts the lot of them we were poor though to be fair and yes I am here

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Moore Rowe

Nagy Massengo/Smith

Brownhill Palmer Eliasson

Weimann

In this shape,  Moore and Kalas are of a skillset and age range that can push up into a higher line. Squeeze the space and the play. 

Brownhill has done well on the right. Playing him higher helps him...frees him up a bit and places him where he can do some damage. 

However he is also capable of slotting back into a central 3 when we need to be more compact. 

Eliasson on the left, yes. Can also come inside in phases- his assists alone indicate a range. Palmer will have creativity in and around him to hopefully link with Weimann consistently.  

Talking of Weimann, he will have players on his wavelength. 

Nagy on the ball, not bad. Smith or Massengo can partner. 

Full backs being caught in 2 v 1 a problem yes. Brownhill and Eliasson would be tasked to help them in this scenario from the wider areas. 

Weimann's diagonal runs can also be found by a higher Brownhill and Eliasson,  and his more central ones by Palmer. 

Central spine:

Bentley

TO

Kalas/Moore, depending on how we build.

Them, to Nagy.

Nagy to Palmer.

Palmer? Can link with Weimann.

Plus we know about Bentley's medium range distribution potential. Occasionally as and when, Bentley can ping it to Nagy/Smith,  one to pass, or one to run when the opposition don't expect, perhaps when filtering back to position.

2 minutes ago, SilkyBCFC said:

I hope you were there what I hate is the “actual armchair fans thinking they are something special just cos it was on sky I will stay at home armchair fan” commenting! Melts the lot of them we were poor though to be fair and yes I am here

Why are people "melts" because they didn't travel. They can actually see the game better than you although obviously not a superfan like yourself.

2 minutes ago, SilkyBCFC said:

I thought you fans were fantastic today, I could hear you sing throughout the whole game on my tv here in Canada!

Just now, Natchfever said:

Why are people "melts" because they didn't travel. They can actually see the ganme better than you although obviously not a superfan like yourself.

I was there. I felt the energy of City coursing through my veins. Elevated beyond the average fan who subscribes to such things as Xmas. When Hunt gave the ball twice I knew he was distracted by the thought of me in the crowd. 

Just now, Med/MadHatter said:

I thought you fans were fantastic today, I could hear you sing throughout the whole game on my tv here in Canada!

We did our best thanks! Don’t really have anything against fans not attending today I set off with me mate at 530 it’s on sky and so close to Christmas @Natchfever I didn’t mean offense mate I know you prob seen better than me it just pisses me off all the normal armchair fans that never go to games! Up the city bring on the new year merry Christmas 

34 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I’ve criticised LJ repeatedly in the past, but although I’m gutted by the result and the performance, it’s time to be realistic. SL will back LJ in the January window and he’s right to. It’s not LJ’s fault that we sell our best players every summer. Our wage bill is pretty average compared to many of our competitors. Being mid table’s a real achievement in the circumstances. And with any sort of a run, which is entirely possible, we can challenge. I’ve watched City enough in Chmpionship relegation fights. If LJ can be criticised, it’s for being too passive when Ashton and SL succumbed to the temptation of accepting big money offers for our best players. I get the desire to pile into LJ, but Gary Monk, for example, has delivered a lot less at more clubs, yet is still admired. Think we’re just going to have to suck today up, get noisily behind the lads at the Gate and see what happens.

The most accurate post on this thread.

5 minutes ago, SilkyBCFC said:

We did our best thanks! Don’t really have anything against fans not attending today I set off with me mate at 530 it’s on sky and so close to Christmas @Natchfever I didn’t mean offense mate I know you prob seen better than me it just pisses me off all the normal armchair fans that never go to games! Up the city bring on the new year merry Christmas 

I think you all deserved a bit better mate and thats a long away day so fair play.

Now get flat out on the piss haha.

15 minutes ago, SilkyBCFC said:

Congratulations on being the best Bristol City fan in the world 

14 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Agree. The diehard fans who travelled up to Sheffield are the ones that deserve respect.

Unfortunately, Johnson and that useless bunch didn't repay your loyal support today.

32 minutes ago, SilkyBCFC said:

They have as much right to comment as you done, not everyone can afford the luxury of going to an away game 3 days before xmas

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Massengo and Nagy have come from good levels. LJ and his philosophy (does he have one)  a big problem here IMO. Unconvinced by Morrell being our best though, at this time.

It’s about form. If everyone was playing well I would agree but since Fulham we haven’t done anything anywhere. 

Morrell is showing spark at full international level that has made him mom on that stage for his country. The man showing a bit of form we could use right now! I reckon.  But maybe LJ is going to spend big on someone. 

52 minutes ago, Highguy said:

I like Palmer I think he’s dropping to deep to get the ball and then he loses it and it’s a dangerous place to lose the ball he can be quiet for 89 minutes but then in that 1 minute he creates something that it’s can make us forget the 89 minutes he’s a luxury player who we ain’t playing to his strengths abit like weimann not playing to his strengths either,

someone should put something on Bannan Early doors he’s easily one of the best midfielders in the championship don’t think he have an easier game this season so much time on the ball 

if we didn’t get bentley in the summer where would we be?

I agree ref the Bannon comment. We let him play without restraint. Oh for a bully!! 

Loosing to a late, dodgy penalty happens to all teams. Today however, two teams of professionals performed poorly and all the TV viewers will think what dross near the top of the Championship.

Worse though was that both teams continually passed the ball to an opponent; were they playing for a prearranged draw?

Listening on RB it was once again a City match devoid of much incident, particularly anything of excitement or real interest emanating from our beloved BCFC.

We're constantly told the Championship is one of the top leagues yet we seem to have frequent games where the football on show is poor, little or nothing really happens, and the crowd seem comatosed, so I have to call BS to that.

The game was so unenthralling (boring) I couldn't even get upset when the late penalty was given (and inevitably netted)

I reiterate my plea to LJ  that he provides us with a team who play some entertaining and exciting football with plenty of shots (1 on target today?) and goalmouth incidents - starting at my next pre paid AG visit against Luton - but frankly there's nothing to suggest that game will be any different to Millwall, Blackburn and many other home games.

Not a great prospect - we seem to be in a rut and It sometimes almost seems the players aren't that bothered - one of your jobs, LJ, is to fire them up and MAKE them bothered.

20 minutes ago, 22A said:

Loosing to a late, dodgy penalty happens to all teams. Today however, two teams of professionals performed poorly and all the TV viewers will think what dross near the top of the Championship.

Worse though was that both teams continually passed the ball to an opponent; were they playing for a prearranged draw?

Wednesday 15 shots, City 3

Wednesday 6 on target, City 1

Wednesday 8 corners, City 1

I bet there are some passing stats out there to show we were clearly inferior.

Agree Wednesday played bad, but we were terrible.

30 minutes ago, 22A said:

For me the game was exactly what I expected it to be. A lot of respect was shown by both teams to the other, hence misplaced passes etc etc. The big difference was Bannan who was MOTM to me. For us I think both Moore and Bentley (as always) played well. As I said in another thread I fear they will be poached in Jan. To concede such a diabolical penalty ripped my guts out.

Archived