IGNORED

Martin Peters RIP (Merged)

Super

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

A very under rated player imo.

Sadly joins Bobby Moore, Alan Ball, Gordon Banks, and Ray Wilson as the deceased members of that team.

RIP Martin and thanks for the memories.

Alf didn’t under rate him.  Everyone else is irrelevant. 

saw him play against us several times. 

I saw this England hero in the flesh. I'll be honest, i can hardly rememeber anything about the game as i was a very young kid.

All i know is i was definitely at this game..  and I remember bits (pretty sure i was in the East End, when normally we were in the Enclosure. Probably due to getting tickets wherever poss)

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bristol-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-16-december-1970-29249/

R.I.P. Martin Peters, England World Cup legend.

AppyDAZE gives away his age AGAIN   :laugh:

34 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I saw this England hero in the flesh. I'll be honest, i can hardly rememeber anything about the game as i was a very young kid.

All i know is i was definitely at this game..  and I remember bits (pretty sure i was in the East End, when normally we were in the Enclosure. Probably due to getting tickets wherever poss)

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bristol-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-16-december-1970-29249/

old git :icecream::icecream:

53 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

#me too  Aged14  ..Dolman block G  row 5  seat 15   (juv season ticket £5 for season)

R I P Martin Peters. 

2 hours ago, Malago said:

Was always synonymous with “ghosting in at the far post”.  A true English great

RIP MP.

My 1st England game was v Scotland at Wembley in 1973 in the now defunct Home Internationals, we won 1-0 with a typical "ghosting in at the far post header" from the classy MP, when Sir Alf said he was 10 years ahead of his time  he was spot on! As a side note to that particular game it was a bit surreal to be celebrating an England goal at Wembley when the stadium was around 90% full of Scottish fans (this used to be their "Cup Final")

Archived