Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

7 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

a bit of a concern for me that one of our young talents cant get into the Lincoln team. has he been injured. anyone got any info. 

Injured apparently. Fit enough for bench but not to start.

EDIT. A fan thought he was injured, but it seems he may not have been.

Fans on the forum don't understand why he didn't start. One suggesting maybe we have told them we are recalling him so Appleton maybe dropped him for that reason.

Edited by JonDolman
4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

a bit of a concern for me that one of our young talents cant get into the Lincoln team. has he been injured. anyone got any info. 

Came off in the last game.

Not 100% presumably.

He's been consistently one of their best players (if not the best) which has been rewarded with international caps.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I was under the impression Morrell was impressing a lot of people at Lincoln, and been MotM quite a few times for them so far this season.

IIRC @Shtanley also said on the OSIB podcast that the Lincoln fans on their forums apparently could not believe they had a full international playing in their side.

While there may have been extenuating circumstances (injury recovery for Ramsey?) didn't Morrell also keep Aaron Ramsey out of the starting line-up for the last Wales international?

• Like 1

Would like to see Morrell recalled and Brownhill sold for a healthy profit - he is becoming the new Pack - average at best most weeks but never dropped to try something different.

We move forward when the favourites are reluctantly sold.

Edited by Meh
  • Like 2

I don't think Joe Morrell got a fair run in the team last year after one superb MOTM performance in a cup game and an average league performance.  That was surprising as he has all the qualities to be a quality Championship midfielder as well as ticking the LJ 'busy bee' box.  I hope he is recalled and gets games

• Like 2

I went onto the Imps site to see if I could find out more, they are a bit puzzled about Joe but think he may not be 100% fit, I came across this report on their game against Coventry and it seems they lost due to Coventry's outstanding midfield player Liam Walsh!

So Chimp what did you think of the recent performances away at Gillingham and Coventry. As you sat in the away end watching us give 2 of the most insipid performances you could imagine lacking in fight, ability and intent.
As you drove home through the tale to tale conjested car park of the inner City slum (Birmingham) I assume you considered that Coventry’s playmaker and MoM by a country mile was Liam Walsh, a 22 year old midfielder on loan from ( I kid you not) is Bristol City. Did you think if only Mark Robins has played a young rookie in his place we might have had a better chance.
Liam Walsh sat in midfield and dictated the game without a tackle on him for virtually the entire game. You could draw a circle around him with a 10 yard diameter every time he got the ball and no City player was anywhere near him. If I could see that you would expect our management to sense the danger too. Joe Morrell was the ideal man to deal with his threat.
The point of message boards is for fans attending the games to give a hands on report to the fans not able to go.
I try to be honest and praise or criticise where and when appropriate but if you don’t like the truth and fans first hand opinions feel free to ignore.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I went onto the Imps site to see if I could find out more, they are a bit puzzled about Joe but think he may not be 100% fit, I came across this report on their game against Coventry and it seems they lost due to Coventry's outstanding midfield player Liam Walsh!

So Chimp what did you think of the recent performances away at Gillingham and Coventry. As you sat in the away end watching us give 2 of the most insipid performances you could imagine lacking in fight, ability and intent.
As you drove home through the tale to tale conjested car park of the inner City slum (Birmingham) I assume you considered that Coventry’s playmaker and MoM by a country mile was Liam Walsh, a 22 year old midfielder on loan from ( I kid you not) is Bristol City. Did you think if only Mark Robins has played a young rookie in his place we might have had a better chance.
Liam Walsh sat in midfield and dictated the game without a tackle on him for virtually the entire game. You could draw a circle around him with a 10 yard diameter every time he got the ball and no City player was anywhere near him. If I could see that you would expect our management to sense the danger too. Joe Morrell was the ideal man to deal with his threat.
The point of message boards is for fans attending the games to give a hands on report to the fans not able to go.
I try to be honest and praise or criticise where and when appropriate but if you don’t like the truth and fans first hand opinions feel free to ignore.

Do you think maybe the club didn't want Joe playing directly against Liam, just a thought.

9 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I don't think Joe Morrell got a fair run in the team last year after one superb MOTM performance in a cup game and an average league performance.  That was surprising as he has all the qualities to be a quality Championship midfielder as well as ticking the LJ 'busy bee' box.  I hope he is recalled and gets games

Its hard to judge if he would be as good as or better than say massengo? Otherwisw he is just sat on the bench when he could be playing . 

I thought Joe Bryan was ready then went to plymouth and came back way better. Unless Brownhill goes i think he will stay at the imps as we have plenty of cover now korey is back! 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Do you think maybe the club didn't want Joe playing directly against Liam, just a thought.

It sounds like they played an 18 year old academy player instead of Joe, either due to him not being fully fit or to give their player some experience as they may need him if Joe's returning in January?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Why in earth would the club think that?     :dunno:

Surely if both were ‘in the frame’ then the competition they’d create would just want any manager would want.

Edited by Robbored
16 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Its hard to judge if he would be as good as or better than say massengo? Otherwisw he is just sat on the bench when he could be playing . 

I thought Joe Bryan was ready then went to plymouth and came back way better. Unless Brownhill goes i think he will stay at the imps as we have plenty of cover now korey is back! 

Apart from Korey we dont have a hard tackling central midfielder. Massengo and Nagy are great technically, but are too slight to screen the defence.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, spudski said:

My gut instinct is JB will be gone either this Jan, or in the Summer.

Morrell and Walsh will hopefully continue to develop.

If they continue to develop with the promise shown, a midfield of Nagy, Massengo, Walsh and Morrell could be quite exciting.

Sure Walsh is out of contract at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why in earth would the club think that?     :dunno:

Surely if both were ‘in the frame’ then the competition they’d create would just want any manager wants.

More to the point, are the parent club able to dictate to the loaning club in that way.

Has Brownhill really done enough to attract the sort of bids from the sort of clubs it'd need to lose him? We're talking Premier League sides really, I can't see us selling to another championship club, or more to the point I can't see the sort of bid coming in that would make us consider selling to another championship club.

He's not even in the top 50 players in the league in terms of assists, chance creation or dribbles. The one offensive stat that stands out this season is his goals, but at 5 it's 'pretty good' rather than incredible.

Don't get me wrong, I like Josh and think he has more to give but is there really likely to be serious interest from the PL at this stage?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure Walsh is out of contract at the end of the season.

Got a feeling he'll get offered a new one.

Just has to work on a few things like Palmer to become very good Championship players.

Concentration, work rate, and don't stand and admire you're exquisite ball...move.

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

My gut instinct is JB will be gone either this Jan, or in the Summer.

Morrell and Walsh will hopefully continue to develop.

If they continue to develop with the promise shown, a midfield of Nagy, Massengo, Walsh and Morrell could be quite exciting.

4 very technical players, along with Palmer. Lacking "legs" if we lose Josh though. 

I personally see Walsh and Morrell in direct competition.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morrell sold to Huddersfield, if we decide Walsh is the better player. I know Cowley thinks very highly of Joe. 

Just now, J-mat said:

4 very technical players, along with Palmer. Lacking "legs" if we lose Josh though. 

I personally see Walsh and Morrell in direct competition.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morrell sold to Huddersfield, if we decide Walsh is the better player. I know Cowley thinks very highly of Joe. 

Agreed...all four technically good players.

I hope Morrell and Walsh get offered new contracts. I see great promise...they just need to become more consistent in certain areas of their game to take the step up.

I seriously think JB will go...an offer from a Prem side will come in imo.

If we can keep Massengo and Nagy, and if Josh went, replace with experience, legs and goals ( easier said than done and would cost ), and have Walsh, Morrell, Smith on bench I could see that happening.

We have some technically gifted young players like you note...legs, experience, movement, vision and potential goalscorers around them is what we need to compliment imo.

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Apart from Korey we dont have a hard tackling central midfielder. Massengo and Nagy are great technically, but are too slight to screen the defence.

Personally i dont see a problem with this with how LJ sets his team up , Cod and Palmer can also play cm .