IGNORED

Can somebody please explain O’Dowda to me

The Nest Egg

Really at a loss now to what he brings. Starting to remind me of Martyn Woolford to be honest. Poor football intelligence, doesn’t link up well with the others and no end product. Let’s hope that Eliasson doesn’t end up like Bolasie; leaving for first team football and then becoming a Premier League player...

He was signed under the pretense that he was a raw player and one for the future. Yet, he seems to just get into the team despite doing very little of note. Run up the wing a bit, turn around, make a short pass which sometimes doesn’t even go right. Is certainly not a natural finisher but even his crossing leaves a lot to be desired most of the time. As to why Johnson keeps trying getting  to shoehorn him at left wing back to play this turgid 3-5-2, God knows. Actually I think even she would struggle to comprehend why.

Please please please please someone enlighten me as the fact that he got a new contract is beyond me. Ask yourself; when he gets the ball, do you get up off your seat in anticipation or do you resign yourself to what is inevitably going to happen next?

Was useless but cant just slate his performances, most of that team were awful and have been really lacklustre.

Palmer brings less than Tomlin did.

Smith ain't the same as he was in league one, gets bullied and is slow in possession.

Weimann aimless running as well as COD.

Bentley, Taylor Moore and Fam to a certain extent only ones who played okay for today. Okay but not enough.

7 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Really at a loss now to what he brings. Starting to remind me of Martyn Woolford to be honest. Poor football intelligence, doesn’t link up well with the others and no end product. Let’s hope that Eliasson doesn’t end up like Bolasie; leaving for first team football and then becoming a Premier League player...

He was signed under the pretense that he was a raw player and one for the future. Yet, he seems to just get into the team despite doing very little of note. Run up the wing a bit, turn around, make a short pass which sometimes doesn’t even go right. Is certainly not a natural finisher but even his crossing leaves a lot to be desired most of the time.

Please please please please someone enlighten me as the fact that he got a new contract is beyond me. Ask yourself; when he gets the ball, do you get up off your seat in anticipation or do you resign yourself to what is inevitably going to happen next?

Just been given a bumper new deal, the blokes an absolute pussy no fight in him whatsoever.

Never really understood the hype around him, was disappointed when he signed a new deal. Looks as if he could be a threat, but his end product is useless. Gets into some promising areas then just loses possession, falls over, or picks the wrong pass. Awful 

2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Was useless but cant just slate his performances, most of that team were awful and have been really lacklustre.

Smith ain't the same as he was in league one, gets bullied and is slow in possession.

Bentley, Taylor Moore and Fam to a certain extent only ones who played okay for today. Okay but not enough.

Thought 3 CBS did well today.

Complete waste of a squad player.

A typical Johnson player whose Opta stats probably speak to a far better player than who actually turns up and has no positive influence on play.

12th-10th all day long. We really aren’t geared up to achieve anything more.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm surprised more hasn't been said about how poor Palmer was again today. Another game with a heavy negative impact!

I bet you O'Dowda is in for his height. LJ doesn't want aerial weakness. 

I agree ref Palmer, don’t see much in him at all and completely lightweight. If only Tomlin had his head straight when with us as he is twice the player Palmer is.

5 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

There’s playing poor and giving 110%, and there’s playing poor and going through the motions.  There were a couple out there today who put in a shift but it just didn’t come off for them.  We aren’t good enough to carry 1 or 2.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm surprised more hasn't been said about how poor Palmer was again today. Another game with a heavy negative impact!

I bet you O'Dowda is in for his height. LJ doesn't want aerial weakness. 

Come on.  But comes on with a team playing shit, played out of position, having been given no run in the team (or minutes of late), and he’s being called out.  Plenty of others in the queue today, ahead of Palmer.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There’s playing poor and giving 110%, and there’s playing poor and going through the motions.  There were a couple out there today who put in a shift but it just didn’t come off for them.  We aren’t good enough to carry 1 or 2.

Feel like we are carrying more than one or two at the moment. Need 9-10 players to be on their game not 4-5.

When we recover the ball it seems that the players just go back and put us under pressure.

Also the lack of a plan B under LJ is so so evident this season, cant win playing one way.

O’Dowda is a strange one. In theory, he has all the attributes (just enough pace, great physique, decent technical ability) to be an excellent player in this league but he’s never got close to performing consistently. 

Because of the physicality he has he’s a classic example of a player with potential, who keeps getting picked because of that potential but who actually achieves very little. If he doesn’t start delivering soon you wonder if he ever will. He’s an infuriating player.

Archived