IGNORED

‘Oh Baz...Baz...

MartockRed

In your own time Baz’ 

The referee says as Bannan is standing behind a free kick. Anyone else hear it?

Sounded like they were the best of mates.

Don’t worry Baz, I’ll give you the softest of soft penalties if you’re not winning the game. 

We were poor, but I find this kind of addressing of players cringeworthy stuff. 

Just now, MartockRed said:

In your own time Baz’ 

Don’t worry Baz, I’ll give you the softest of soft penalties if you’re not winning the game. 

Surprised by the strength of Rowe to take out the one striker who our 3 CBS bounced off.

2 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

In your own time Baz’ 

I said after about 30 mins that this ref was itching to give them something like a penalty.

7 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

In your own time Baz’ 

This cosy over-familiarity towards players makes accusations of bias like this too easy. I don’t think there was bias, but it would be easy for referees to keep things formal in the same way they do in rugby. FA should take a lead on that.

10 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Rowe gave the ref a chance, why did he need to be as close as he was? The guy was moving away from the goal.

Agree. I said during the game Rowe will cost us and he did. Soft foul, but he didn't have to make that foul in the first place.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This cosy over-familiarity towards players makes accusations of bias like this too easy. I don’t think there was bias, but it would be easy for referees to keep things formal in the same way they do in rugby. FA should take a lead on that.

He called both Smith and Fammy by their first names during the game.

Its what many refs do, they want to be part of the gang, rather than be impartial judges of incidents in the game.

14 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but having seen Bannan play well in the past, that was no where near his best out there today. Therefore I respectfully disagree.

The whole game was awful.

An opinion you are entitled to.

38 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Its what many refs do, they want to be part of the gang, rather than be impartial judges of incidents in the game.

Or they do it to create a better relationship with players and hence help make the game easier to manage and better to play in (and possibly watch)?

The pen decision was still a stinker.

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Or they do it to create a better relationship with players and hence help make the game easier to manage and better to play in (and possibly watch)?

The pen decision was still a stinker.

But he’s a referee, he’s there to ref a football match not to build relationships with people

48 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Referees at all levels try and get a rapport with the players. It’s the done thing, they are encouraged to do this. 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Sorry, but that is exactly what the referees are out there to do, if you can build up a ‘kind’ of relationship with the players it makes your job easier. 

So you build relationships up with people and each one is different so therefore can impact the decision you make, It’s not about making their job easier When their decisions can cost people jobs we watch football for the game not for us to be talking about refs and their decisions all the time 

1 hour ago, MartockRed said:

In your own time Baz’ 

Grasping at straws I’m afraid...

We lost because we were shite, not because the ref called Bannan “Baz”!

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Rowe gave the ref a chance, why did he need to be as close as he was? The guy was moving away from the goal.

......and then slowed, such that Rowe was into the back of him. Threw himself forward and conned the ref. in "winning" the penalty.

43 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Sorry, but that is exactly what the referees are out there to do, if you can build up a ‘kind’ of relationship with the players it makes your job easier. 

So the ref said "Good dive Atdhe, you can have a pen. for that"

To which Nuhui replied, " Thanks Tony, Cheers!"

:innocent06:

Archived